Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #15
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
It feels pretty good. I expected some low end loss, but that didn't happen that Ive noticed. Feels meatier through mid-range and up top. I don't have any hard data yet to back any of that up though. The car is now(or was at first), on average, adding another 5% of fuel after install, so Ive got to fine tune everything back into specs before getting those numbers. Sorry about the delay on that front. But, I'm kind of OCD on this sort of thing, and it just takes alot of logging and what not.

I will edit to comment on sound in a bit.

Sound. Tough one. At first, I was amazed by how quiet it was at idle and just cruising. Still am really. You can barely tell a difference in those moments. Now, cold starts,..Pretty loud those first 5 seconds or so until it idles down. Especially in the garage. Getting into the throttle, you can definately hear its louder. Not bad at all though. You can hear the turbo spooling now, could not before. If the windows are up, its a very small audible difference. Most of the sound stays out behind the car. Outside of the car, its definitely louder. You can tell its not stock. My best description of the sound would be "A louder version of the stock exhaust". At WOT, its a different tone though. More of a wooshing type sound, combined with a louder stock exhaust sound. Hard to put this stuff into words. Hopefully that helped? lol.

I will add this: I'm super particular about sound, sound levels, ect and the last thing I ever wanted to do was amplify the sound of the LTG. I never have liked the sound they make, part of the reason I waited soo long to do a DP. Now that its done, I am fully satisfied with the sound, and sound levels it can, or can not make. No complaints at all. And if you have BOSE, the sound augmentation still works flawlessly.
Interesting. Why would you expect low-end loss? I'm considering a DP but I'd like to avoid any low-end losses.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #16
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Interesting. Why would you expect low-end loss? I'm considering a DP but I'd like to avoid any low-end losses.
Well, I felt a low end loss on my previous 2.0 (actually, it was my wifes) when I installed another brands downpipe. At least it felt like a bit of low end loss, but it did also pick up in the mid high range. Unfortunately, I was not tuning that car or anything, and had no data at the time, so who knows for sure

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote