Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #29
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
small update:
after messing around on the street a little bit, it finally hit the rollers. On a stock-ish tune (only messed a little with the fueling and removed the power enrichment timing adder, so still at factory timing), it made 447 rwhp and 451 rwtq on 93. and that is also with the factory throttle body on it (switched back over real quick to make sure some of the odd things we were seeing weren't caused by the TB).

so in laymens terms: untuned, FBOs (except factory TB), on 93, I'm at 447 rwhp and 451 rwtq. Still got a few more things to iron out before timing gets thrown at it, but I'm already happy with the 93 octane numbers. I was expecting like 450 rwhp with the tune and FBO's on 93, with my 396 baseline.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #30
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Is that with the converter?

5th or 6th gear?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #31
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Is that with the converter?

5th or 6th gear?
stock converter. 6th gear. SAE correction. Smoothing Factor of 5.

Looks like final 93 numbers were 460/460. in the process of running out the rest of 93 and getting the good stuff in (right now we are reading 68% ethanol content).

Here's the funny part. When switched from the factory throttle body to the Katech 103, there were NO gains. no difference in MAF readings, cylinder pressure, torque calc, or manifold pressure. Don't know if you still want to send your ported one to do a back to back comparison.

It also didn't take too much timing over the factory timing tables.....

Hoping to clear that 500 number with e85, just for bragging rights. Real test is obviously the drag strip, which I just got myself a ticket for a track rental at quaker city on august 12th. hopefully I will get it mostly dialed in then, and then hit up the local track for their test n tune nights (where you are lucky to get two runs in).
Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #32
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
stock converter. 6th gear. SAE correction. Smoothing Factor of 5.

Looks like final 93 numbers were 460/460. in the process of running out the rest of 93 and getting the good stuff in (right now we are reading 68% ethanol content).

Here's the funny part. When switched from the factory throttle body to the Katech 103, there were NO gains. no difference in MAF readings, cylinder pressure, torque calc, or manifold pressure. Don't know if you still want to send your ported one to do a back to back comparison.

It also didn't take too much timing over the factory timing tables.....

Hoping to clear that 500 number with e85, just for bragging rights. Real test is obviously the drag strip, which I just got myself a ticket for a track rental at quaker city on august 12th. hopefully I will get it mostly dialed in then, and then hit up the local track for their test n tune nights (where you are lucky to get two runs in).
Guess I don’t really see a reason to send mine now lol

You should get 490-500 range after E85 for sure. Maybe more. I’ll be on the rollers this Thursday
Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #33
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
First time seeing your thread, Looking good . Maybe we will be running fender to fender this fall. Weather permitting I will be at Atco tomm if you want to make the trip up.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #34
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
First time seeing your thread, Looking good . Maybe we will be running fender to fender this fall. Weather permitting I will be at Atco tomm if you want to make the trip up.
thanks!

Unfortunately I will be in Williamsport all day tomorrow and Wednesday, or I would.

and I hope to give you and ultra a run for your money, and show you that hyper blue is obviously the faster color. but you guys have a huge head start on me and have your cars WAAAAYY more dialed in than mine.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #35
danhr
BAMF SS

Got my bolt ons on. Still learning the tuning part (I think?)

Also on there, is my baseline dyno.... which shows the important stuff, a gain of 84rwhp/60rwtq

Might wait until another fill up of E85, and play around with the tuning part again... but I'm still content with the numbers. The 460/460 numbers are the 93 octane numbers. STD correction, I was at 490/495
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #36
danhr
BAMF SS

My racing wheels wont be finished until early-mid July. So I'm just sitting around and waiting until then. I did get my tires in, just so I can start having some real fun, the second my wheels arrive.

Against my better judgement, because I told myself that I wouldn't take the car to the track on street tires, I just took it to a local test n tune night. Raced a few friends and did a little datalogging. I knew ET and 60 would be horrible, but I figured I could start dialing in my tune.

First pass, I trapped 120, and that was just a shakedown run. Raced a friend in a 2ss m6 with headers and tune. Beat him and he trapped 110
Second pass, same thing, and same mph... so I knew I had a decent baseline
3rd run, bumped the timing up to 27*. After seeing what parish did to his trans, i lock mine into 2nd during my burnout. Well i accidentally left it locked at the beam... soooooo that was a garbage run. Lol
4th and last run, i picked up over 1 mph with the extra 1.5* of timing.... so probably will add more timing st the next trip

Considering what the DA was for the day, i was on my factory run flats, and i even had a full tank of e85, i was pretty happy with my trap speeds. I still have around 300 lbs of sprung weight I can cut, and another 150 lbs of rotational weight to cut.

I'm pretty excited.... I like to think that the car will at least do a 1.5 60' when it's in fast mode.... which will get me into the 10s, even without the weight reduction or the DA.

Also... wife got me a hurst pistol shifter for fathers day..... easily adds 15 rwhp.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #37
ULTRAZLS1

I seen that trans explosion too. I’m going to start using 2nd as well.

Can you start the burnout in 2nd or do you manually shift to 2nd during the burnout ?

I thought about driving to the track on my stock wheels before as well. Would still be fun. Sounds like your results are inline for your first night out on run flats
Old 06-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #38
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
I seen that trans explosion too. I’m going to start using 2nd as well.

Can you start the burnout in 2nd or do you manually shift to 2nd during the burnout ?

I thought about driving to the track on my stock wheels before as well. Would still be fun. Sounds like your results are inline for your first night out on run flats
You can start the burnout in 2nd gear.... hell it's only a 2.97 gear ratio... that's most people's first gear ratio anyways. lol.

longer answer:
I usually (on previous cars) keep an index card, inserted into my dash, and write down my steps before I stage/race. that way I don't do anything different or forget anything.... like how long i'm doing my burn out, if I want to stage deep or shallow, stalling or flashing or what rpm i'm launching it, how i'm releasing the clutch, etc.

anyhoo..... my first step is to turn on the car in the staging lanes, and while the cars in front of me are going, I lock it into 2nd and turn off t/c and stabilitrak. go down... do burnout. knock it back into drive. blip the throttle real quick to make sure performance shift got activated, and then line up in the grooves and you know the rest.

it was fun... raced my friends with a 2ss with the headers/exhaust/tune and then raced a surprisingly fast audi a8. He gave me the hit, and chased me down. I still beat him but it was only by 0.0048. lol. and he was trapping 10+ mph than me at the end.

Stock Longblock

Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #39
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
You can start the burnout in 2nd. I rev it 6k for a good 5 seconds and roll out.

I also turn the mode to Tour once I pass the traps, it bypasses the performance shift feature and it coasts to the end instead of revs.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #40
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
You can start the burnout in 2nd gear.... hell it's only a 2.97 gear ratio... that's most people's first gear ratio anyways. lol.

longer answer:
I usually (on previous cars) keep an index card, inserted into my dash, and write down my steps before I stage/race. that way I don't do anything different or forget anything.... like how long i'm doing my burn out, if I want to stage deep or shallow, stalling or flashing or what rpm i'm launching it, how i'm releasing the clutch, etc.

anyhoo..... my first step is to turn on the car in the staging lanes, and while the cars in front of me are going, I lock it into 2nd and turn off t/c and stabilitrak. go down... do burnout. knock it back into drive. blip the throttle real quick to make sure performance shift got activated, and then line up in the grooves and you know the rest.

it was fun... raced my friends with a 2ss with the headers/exhaust/tune and then raced a surprisingly fast audi a8. He gave me the hit, and chased me down. I still beat him but it was only by 0.0048. lol. and he was trapping 10+ mph than me at the end.
I guess I never thought about keeping performance shift active. I notice it turns on during some of my runs but I don’t always look

You floor it for a second after the burnout and that turns it on?

Maybe that explains why my car will sometimes trap 123-124 and then the very next pass with similar 60 hit 126....ET about the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
You can start the burnout in 2nd. I rev it 6k for a good 5 seconds and roll out.

I also turn the mode to Tour once I pass the traps, it bypasses the performance shift feature and it coasts to the end instead of revs.
Good idea. Sometimes I knock it over to manual mode and back to drive and it brings the revs down too
Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #41
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
I guess I never thought about keeping performance shift active. I notice it turns on during some of my runs but I don’t always look

You floor it for a second after the burnout and that turns it on?

Maybe that explains why my car will sometimes trap 123-124 and then the very next pass with similar 60 hit 126....ET about the same

Good idea. Sometimes I knock it over to manual mode and back to drive and it brings the revs down too

you just "blip" the throttle, and it usually kicks on. I think once it came on during my burnout, but generally the last thing i'm paying attention to, during my burnout, is my instrument cluster. but on one of my runs, it did not come on until like the 1000' mark.

I also usually just kicked it to manual mode and back to drive..... but touring mode seems like a better choice. less aggressive steering, going through the pits and what not.

Stock Longblock

Old 06-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #42
ULTRAZLS1

Cool

I have my steering set to sport at all times. It doesn’t change with the modes. Track mode feels too stiff to me