Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
50th- She was a goner now insurance wants to repair WOW!!!

Can someone PLEASE educate me on how to make the pictures upright. Even if I flip them and post upside down they are still flipped lol. I guess I can smile about that.

I am completely outraged by this. The front driver side was literally crushed by a overloaded dump truck. As you can see in the pictures he nearly hit me head on. Damage is made to both the driver and passenger side of the car. It also looks like there is a slight buckle in the rear passenger quarter which would be a result of a bent structure. I wont lie I have loved every moment of this car but it will never be the same. My plan was to buy back and pull drive train for a project. I hope and pray when they do a tear down they find even more damage which we know they will. I am about to be the worlds pickiest customer on this car. unless it is absolutely perfect I wont accept. That car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra put on just a few weeks prior. Damn it.

Take a look at that first picture. He literally turned into me. I seen it happen and was at a complete stop. The clown rear ended a big rig in front of him then came into my lane. Hell I had to climb out the pass window.

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 1986
Size:  162.6 KB

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  179.2 KB

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1958
Size:  174.8 KB

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
The Total Loss Formula (TLF) in California is:
Cost of Repairs + Salvage Value ≥ Actual Cash Value

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
teddyca

Tyler, I appreciate that man. Trust me I am going to be pointing out Everything. The bodyshop knows me well and I am going to prepare them big time. I wont lie, if it comes out better which isnt even possible I will be happy. Car literally has 20K on it and as you can see in the pictures she was in great shape. There was Not a flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
The Total Loss Formula (TLF) in California is:
Cost of Repairs + Salvage Value ≥ Actual Cash Value

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Wait until the insurance claims adjuster looks at your car to determine the extent of the damage as to if it can be repaired or not. From the looks of the pics it might be a total but I’m no expert in collision repair. My advice is hang on and wait to see what the insurance company will do and I do understand that you are upset because I had a similar situation with my 2016 SS 6 months after I bought it. It had over $18,000 damage and was repaired but yours is 2 years old now so it might be a different situation. I kept it until the first part of March of this year and used it as a trade in on my used 2017 ZL1. Don’t stress out too much now and good luck!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
A couple of things...first, you were at a dead stop and the truck perhaps was going pretty slow....just sayin' that may lower the odds of any hidden damage or repairs...and it looks like no airbags went off, which is a big money saver for insurance repair....Good luck, it's a bummer, but if they do fix it, it may not be bad at all....Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #6
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
I would make certain that in they do repair the car that they do not use offshore parts. The Tow Truck driver is a cockroach.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Pics are fixed...

This really sucks, but doesn't look totaled to me. You have every right to be picky. I would be too. Good luck and sorry this happened.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
teddyca

Thank you for all the kind words everyone. So the good news is I found out that once repaired I can actually request that the car be sent to the dealer to make sure all the parts are to spec/torque. The body shop offers a lifetime warranty on paint and has always done good to me. I was just worried it will never be the same. You are correct though no airbags went off. With me at a stop and him maybe doing 5-10mph the Camaro was simply a doorstop. I will definitely get all OEM parts (They did it for my 4 year old Maxima when I requested). You know I am going to make sure this is as good as it was before. Hell maybe that Maggie will get installed after all.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #9
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Thank you for all the kind words everyone. So the good news is I found out that once repaired I can actually request that the car be sent to the dealer to make sure all the parts are to spec/torque. The body shop offers a lifetime warranty on paint and has always done good to me. I was just worried it will never be the same. You are correct though no airbags went off. With me at a stop and him maybe doing 5-10mph the Camaro was simply a doorstop. I will definitely get all OEM parts (They did it for my 4 year old Maxima when I requested). You know I am going to make sure this is as good as it was before. Hell maybe that Maggie will get installed after all.
Thank god your ok! Honestly here’s my take on this. Your Camaro was a 1-off special edition that will never be made ever again. I say fix it. You’ll forget it even happened within in a couple months. Go get that bad boy fixed up and back on the roads

EDIT: If the collision center has to remove the door panel request for new clips/pins. I heard that they are time use part but I could be wrong.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #10
teddyca

Wow I am really impressed with all the support. Thank you everyone. After thinking this through I am kind of excited to get it back. I found one on Ebay and even thought of going to ILL for it. I looked for this exact car for 2 years. I was not in need of a commuter as we still have the Maxima but I told myself if I were to ever find a 50th, NF Gray, 2SS, NPP, Active Suspension, Auto, With Sunroof, I was buying it. It was the best commuter ever and I have put about 10K on it since Oct. I drove this car everywhere. Lets see what happens.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Wow I am really impressed with all the support. Thank you everyone. After thinking this through I am kind of excited to get it back. I found one on Ebay and even thought of going to ILL for it. I looked for this exact car for 2 years. I was not in need of a commuter as we still have the Maxima but I told myself if I were to ever find a 50th, NF Gray, 2SS, NPP, Active Suspension, Auto, With Sunroof, I was buying it. It was the best commuter ever and I have put about 10K on it since Oct. I drove this car everywhere. Lets see what happens.
This Is the exact car that I have now. I love it! Definitely feeling your pain. I hope you stick it out and get the car back as good as new!

Rooting for ya!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #12
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Glad your OK , lucky he didn’t hit you in the door and you could gotten hurt. Cars can be fixed you can’t.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #13
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
This. A repaired car will show up on CarFax and will definitely affect the resale value.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #14
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Make damn sure you state to the insurance company you only want GM parts used.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote