Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 02-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #29
1-LE

Drives: V6 camaro 1le
Hello, I'm new to the forum and just came across this thread. I recently got a 2018 v6 1le it currently has 4k miles. I recently noticed the steering wheel was off center, so i took it to firestone for alignment. They aligned it and centered the wheel, but after a day or 2 the wheel was off center again. Could the bolts be a cause of this? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
1-LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #30
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
Exactly...I still believe this is a mistake in their literature/manual. A local shop owner said that has to be a mistake as he has NEVER heard mention of an alignment adjustment bolt that requires replacement.

The original service info has been deprecated...

I use the lifetime alignment service at my local Bridgestone/Firestone store and the computer no longer pops up a warning about TTY bolts.

11/29/2016 - Delivered
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #31
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
So there is a lot of talk about the bolts related to alignment being reusable or not. Also Ive seen improper torque specs flying around, so this post is to clear things up, basically what does GM officially say?

Why are torque specifications important?

Torque is the only thing holding your alignment if you do not have proper preload on the joint then your alignment can then drift (fall out of spec)

What is a a TTY/TAY(Torque Plus Angle to Yield) Fastener?

Front:

For further clarification I submitted a question to GM though SI (Service Information) department about the front bolts here is there reply.

Rear:
So what about the rear? No one talks about the rear!

Picture from my 2017 1SS 1LE of the rear alignment bolts (Drivers side rear looking inward)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

Front: The front shock bolts are not TTY/TAY(Torque Plus Angle to Yield) these are TA(Torque + Angle) fasteners and can be reused.

Rear: The two bolts that adjust the rear alignment are TTL/TAY bolts and need to be replaced anytime they are loosened. Nuts can be reused

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torque Specs

Front Strut to Knuckle Bolts (Lower Shock Bolts)
110 ft/lb + 80-95 degrees
Rear LCA TTY/TAY Bolt
85 ft/lb + 75-90 degrees
Rear Toe Link TTY/TAY Bolt
52 ft/lb + 105 degrees

Part Numbers:
Front Shock Bolts: 11547494
Rear Camber Bolt: 11547215
Rear Toe Bolt: 11611276

*Part numbers from "That GM Parts Guy"

Disclaimer: All torque and bolt information in this post has been provided by GM though GM SERVICE INFORMATION (GMSi) as of 07/20/2017 unless otherwise stated. This post may or may not be updated if changes are made to the specifications shown above after the posting date.
I'm confused, so even though on the 3rd page of this document under Front Camber Adjustment it says to DISCARD the Camber Adjusting bolt, you contacted GM and they said it can be reused?
Old 05-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #32
Cheveyboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
GunMetalGrey: You're confusing the single adjustment bolt, which is only used to align the car, with the two nuts and bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle.
Cheveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #33
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveyboy View Post
GunMetalGrey: You're confusing the single adjustment bolt, which is only used to align the car, with the two nuts and bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle.
I see, so the single adjustment bolt, which is only used to align the car, does not need to be discarded however if the two nuts and bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle were for some reason loosened and/or taken out (which I assume does not happen during alignment) GM calls for them to be discarded, correct?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #34
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I see, so the single adjustment bolt, which is only used to align the car, does not need to be discarded however if the two nuts and bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle were for some reason loosened and/or taken out (which I assume does not happen during alignment) GM calls for them to be discarded, correct?
The 2 large bolts that hold the front knuckle and strut together are reused. The front 'camber adjusting bolt' is just a 10mm bolt that can be temporarily used in the tapped hole of the knuckle to push the knuckle out while setting the camber. That bolt should obviously not be left in the knuckle, just keep it in your tool box when you're done.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #35
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Glad I found this thread. Checked with my dealer today and they were not aware of the single use bolts for the rear alignment (full track alignment booked for Friday). They will have them in stock in time.
2018 ZL1 1LE Summit White * Welded StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (Street) * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Custom Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Engineering Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)*

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #36
GM-ACE
GM Mark of Excellence tec

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Should be sticky.

However I'll add that TTY is asinine for alignment bolts. To me it is just as dumb as specifying TTY for lug studs. Something that's meant to be adjusted or otherwise regularly serviced shouldn't be TTY.
What he said^^^
Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #37
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Since I ordered my first set they have now tripled in price from GM!

2018 ZL1 1LE Summit White * Welded StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (Street) * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Custom Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Engineering Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)*

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #38
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Does moog or any one else make a replacement?
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote