Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 03-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #99
Vintage

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Abused? I hope GM does not say that word as they designed a track car for the track and sold it to me to go track it, which is exactly why I bought it and what I did with it.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:28 AM   #100
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
Abused? I hope GM does not say that word as they designed a track car for the track and sold it to me to go track it, which is exactly why I bought it and what I did with it.
Don't worry about that. You did everything right. GM themselves stated this car will be covered under warranty on track given it hasn't been modified. I would be shocked if you don't get this covered 100%. Even so I'm sure it will be a time consuming hassle. Make sure they set you up in a good loaner car or reimburse you for a rental while they fix it.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #101
Vintage

Thank you. No word yet and I opened a case# with Chevy USA late yesterday. They said a senior technical advisor would call me today after conferring with the dealer - nothing yet and its getting late. I am sure they will do the right thing, I would just like it to be sooner than later.

I will be patient, I just want my awesome car back in one running piece. Or I will swap it for a GREEN one!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #102
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
..... Or I will swap it for a GREEN one!
Haha!
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #103
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
A green one like a Prius?
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #104
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
A green one like a Prius?
Prius 1LE sweet!
Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #105
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
If they don't choice this I'm selling my car. Haven't read the whole thread, but hopefully I can later if I get a few free minutes ... crazy that it went so soon! !!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 AM   #106
Sleeks

Drives: None
Any word?

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #107
Vintage

Nothing from my dealer. It is a little concerning because I went so far as to open a Chevy case# with Detroit on Wednesday afternoon by calling a customer support line. With that maneuver, Chevy said via phone that a "senior advisor" would call me Thursday - nothing. I call back on Friday to follow up, a senior advisor is then assigned to me and I am asked to repeat my story. So I do. Then I am put on hold for about 5-10 minutes while they call the dealership. In the end, I am told the same thing - "the engine will be torn down Monday and they will call me." I am not holding my breath but I am a bit surprised on the slow play. If I were Chevy, I would want to know what part in my motor failed and fix my customer's car. I do love the car and it would be nice to know they are going to warrant it instead of worrying.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:39 AM   #108
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
It's not gonna happen overnight. They will take care of you.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #109
Sleeks

Drives: None
If it were me, I would take a drive over to the dealership on Monday to speak to the service guys and make sure things were moving and that they were on the same page as Chevy corporate.

Do you have lemon law in your state? Here in Illinois the rule is either 4 attempts to fix a problem or 30 days to fix a problem. 30 days could come up quickly for you with a problem this big. I'm not saying you have to use it and if you get a new engine you probably don't need to, but it is always good to educate yourself.

I hope and believe they will give you a new engine.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #110
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
It's not gonna happen overnight. They will take care of you.

I am sure you are right. At least I could laugh last night about it after my second scotch!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #111
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Any updates Vintage? We are all on the edge of our seats!
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #112
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Nothing from my dealer. It is a little concerning because I went so far as to open a Chevy case# with Detroit on Wednesday afternoon by calling a customer support line. With that maneuver, Chevy said via phone that a "senior advisor" would call me Thursday - nothing. I call back on Friday to follow up, a senior advisor is then assigned to me and I am asked to repeat my story. So I do. Then I am put on hold for about 5-10 minutes while they call the dealership. In the end, I am told the same thing - "the engine will be torn down Monday and they will call me." I am not holding my breath but I am a bit surprised on the slow play. If I were Chevy, I would want to know what part in my motor failed and fix my customer's car. I do love the car and it would be nice to know they are going to warrant it instead of worrying.
From my time in the dealership, I interrupt this as Chevy taking the time to see if this is a one off engine failure or will be a common failure due to a defect part. Usually they will send someone down from corporate to work with the tech and tear it down to see exactly what the cause of failure is. Unfortunately with it being a newer car and there's not a lot of data on the engine yet, they will take their time and gather as much information as possible. At least this is what they did in the VW, Audi & Porsche world. They should still do what's right for you but it will take time.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote