Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #85
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
To me '13 is the sweet spot. On the exterior you get stock halos and in the interior you get the touch screen. No asstacular tail lights and no chrome strip on the grille.
correction, the halos are NOT stock, it comes with the RS package.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #86
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
you must not have a head turning car. I get compliments or thumbs up almost every time I drive it.
Maybe? A nice car is a nice car and yours has plenty of mods. Mod any car enough and it's a head turner regardless of age or style.

I don't think that was the point of the discussion though.

They don't tend to come looking like yours.

Drive one off the lot and see how many heads turn. Around here it'd be zero because I'd pass 5 others on my way from the Dealer to home.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #87
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Is it just me or is the second car in the second pic not have camo on the front bumper? No better pics of that one?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #88
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
Maybe? A nice car is a nice car and yours has plenty of mods. Mod any car enough and it's a head turner regardless of age or style.

True, my bad. I still think the 5th gen holds up but then again I never keep my cars' appearance stock
Old 01-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #89
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I have a heritage grill, tints and black zl1 wheels as my only exterior mods and I get compliments everywhere I go, and there are tons of 5 gens around here. I never get bored at looking at these cars.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #90
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
you must not have a head turning car. I get compliments or thumbs up almost every time I drive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I still get plenty of great feedback too, especially when the top's down. A lot of people are still intrigued by the ambient lighting and nearly everyone thinks the 45th stripes are a good break from normal too.
Quote:
True, my bad. I still think the 5th gen holds up but then again I never keep my cars' appearance stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I have a heritage grill, tints and black zl1 wheels as my only exterior mods and I get compliments everywhere I go, and there are tons of 5 gens around here. I never get bored at looking at these cars.

Agree 100%! This person is blind!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #91
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:

They don't tend to come looking like yours.

Drive one off the lot and see how many heads turn. Around here it'd be zero because I'd pass 5 others on my way from the Dealer to home.
Lol... You can say whatever you want but I have ppl still taking pics of my car! Even when I drove my 13 V6 off the lot ppl was still looking hard and it didn't have any mods! Maybe you need a car with no styling! The 5th was striking before so it still is! Trade your car in for a Prius I guess!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #92
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post

This is the one I'm talking about.
Yup ! This would cause attention and a lot of stares more than this 6th Gen that's running around! And I would definitely get this but not the thing running around here with wrap on it! But oh , well!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #93
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Is it just me or does it look like a Dodge Charger from the side/rear?
wow youre totally right.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #94
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:

No one looks twice at this car anymore. They're a dime a dozen in my neck of the woods. A far cry from 2010/2011 when they really did get looks and comments.
Summer 09 would have blown your mind...
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #95
smggugfaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Agree 100%! This person is blind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Lol... You can say whatever you want but I have ppl still taking pics of my car! Even when I drove my 13 V6 off the lot ppl was still looking hard and it didn't have any mods! Maybe you need a car with no styling! The 5th was striking before so it still is! Trade your car in for a Prius I guess!
Not sure why you're so worked up over the idea that in my area these cars aren't really a big deal any more. I'm just reporting the situation here as I see it. Maybe in areas where there's not a lot of interest or or people can't afford a $25,000 car they're still a big deal?

Around here every kid with a job and old guy that wants a weekend fun car seems to have one.

That wasn't the case back in 2011 when I bought mine. It DID get looks and sparked conversation. For me, where I live, that has changed - your mileage may vary...literally, I guess.

If anything, I'm jealous of you guys that still think you're...err, still are getting looked at. I miss those days...and if these renderings are even close, they're not coming back anytime soon.

(and no, that doesn't mean it's a bad design at all, it was and is a great looking car - it's just not the novelty it once was)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Summer 09 would have blown your mind...
Oh, I know! I was one of the ones staring!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #96
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
You think it's like the caddy campaign where there's a ats behind them?

Where I am seems like every middle aged secretary has them
Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #97
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Who gives a shit if your car gets looks or not? I didn't buy my Camaro because I want people to look at me. I bought it because it's a bad ass car and I want to try auto crossing or open track days.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #98
smggugfaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Who gives a shit if your car gets looks or not? I didn't buy my Camaro because I want people to look at me. I bought it because it's a bad ass car and I want to try auto crossing or open track days.
Cool. I'm sure lots of people bought the car for performance reasons.

Lots of other people bought the car because of how it looks and the attention it draws.

Some even get perturbed when you suggest they might not be getting looked at any more.

To each his own. We all still dig the Camaro, right? We're on the same team.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation