Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #29
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I dislike Dodge's steering wheel radio controls. Instead of giving you the buttons to allow you to go back and forth thru your saved stations, you have a button that makes you go thru every saved station in one direction. So if you have 12 presets, you have to go thru all 12 of them before you can get back to one. It sounds silly but it is annoying as all hell. That and the seats...the edges are too mushy. After about 10K miles you'll start to notice they're getting flattened and once that happens you'll be sliding around in them. And the Adaptive Cruise Control is annoying too. Instead of giving you the option to turn the adaptive portion on or off it is automatically on whenever cruise control is on. And sometimes it is very sensitive or brakes hard when it doesn't have to or takes too long to accelerate again. These are some reasons why I'll probably never buy another FCA product again.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #30
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
They're nicer - not necessarily "way" faster though.

Personally I'd get something like an E63S AMG Sedan...Or a CTS-V if you want to stay American.
Funny you mention the E63S AMG sedan. My friend/neighbour across the street from me has a killer one. It’s tuned. He said it dynoed 800 hp and 1000 ft/lbs at the wheel. Ran consistent 11.2 at iirc 131 mph. Things are going to get interesting when my ZL1 arrives. He doesn’t know ive oredered it. His car is a beast though without doubt.

Regarding the Trackhawk.... I took my kids out one day looking at muscle cars. They are 12 and 9 so this is like a super cool time for us. Anyhow, the Chrysler dealer had one in the showroom. Nice SUV for sure. I loved it and I’m not a big fan of Mopar. But here in Canada, the msrp was $119, 000!!!
Yeah not cheap. But the kids and I certainly liked it.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #31
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Why not go here and try to win one. I won my zl1 1le from them last September.
https://tri-industries.tapkat.org/wina2018jeeptrackhawk
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #32
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Since we are talking about fast SUVs here. Why doesn’t Chevy put 650hp or 755 hp in one of their SUVs?
The answer to this eludes us all...It would make perfect sense to slam the LT4 into an SUV - I think it'd sell like hot cakes. The RST Tahoe/Suburban with the 6.2L option/brake upgrade alone is selling really well. GM is kind of missing out on the mid-size SUV/performance SUV world. Something to compete with Range Rover SVR, SRT Grand Cherokees, X6M/5M, etc...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #33
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Funny you mention the E63S AMG sedan. My friend/neighbour across the street from me has a killer one. It’s tuned. He said it dynoed 800 hp and 1000 ft/lbs at the wheel. Ran consistent 11.2 at iirc 131 mph. Things are going to get interesting when my ZL1 arrives. He doesn’t know ive oredered it. His car is a beast though without doubt.

Regarding the Trackhawk.... I took my kids out one day looking at muscle cars. They are 12 and 9 so this is like a super cool time for us. Anyhow, the Chrysler dealer had one in the showroom. Nice SUV for sure. I loved it and I’m not a big fan of Mopar. But here in Canada, the msrp was $119, 000!!!
Yeah not cheap. But the kids and I certainly liked it.
The E63S AMG is IMO one of the best sedans going right now...the 9 speed and AWD combination RIPS. Local guy has one and does sub 3 second 0-60s. Your neighbor sounds like he might be stretching things a bit though, haha. Even with a hot tune, 1000 RWTQ isn't going to happen. Most tuned E63S AMGs come out to about 775-820 BHP and comparable torque. 800 RWHP/1000 RWTQ makes no sense either...That'd be a very weird curve...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #34
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
The answer to this eludes us all...It would make perfect sense to slam the LT4 into an SUV - I think it'd sell like hot cakes. The RST Tahoe/Suburban with the 6.2L option/brake upgrade alone is selling really well. GM is kind of missing out on the mid-size SUV/performance SUV world. Something to compete with Range Rover SVR, SRT Grand Cherokees, X6M/5M, etc...
Sometimes I just don’t understand GM.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #35
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
My Mom, my sister in law and my daughter in law drive an SUV. Nothing wrong with that, those women are the center of my universe. Disclaimer; my wife drives a pick up truck... she's awesome.

In my experience, SUV is an acronym for a high profile station wagon. (Suburban not included, that is some old school family carrying, Airstream and racecar towing magic.

IMO, SUV is the bastard child of a truck and a car. For those who can't quite decide what they want. Ultimately you lose on both ends, one way or the other, you are sacrificing performance and/or personnel/cargo carrying and towing capability.

Sure you could tow with a Trackhawk, but it ain't built for that. I suppose that you could haul na keiki to baseball practice too... at the risk of getting sideways. That's not practical either.

Why sacrifice top heavy for grip if performance is your goal? ...not a hater, just saying.

If you need to get the kids safely to school and the ballpark, buy something practical. When they are older, there will be plenty of time (and you will have more capital) to focus on performance. Just be careful which kid you give the keys to.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:30 AM   #36
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
My Mom, my sister in law and my daughter in law drive an SUV. Nothing wrong with that, those women are the center of my universe. Disclaimer; my wife drives a pick up truck... she's awesome.

In my experience, SUV is an acronym for a high profile station wagon. (Suburban not included, that is some old school family carrying, Airstream and racecar towing magic.

IMO, SUV is the bastard child of a truck and a car. For those who can't quite decide what they want. Ultimately you lose on both ends, one way or the other, you are sacrificing performance and/or personnel/cargo carrying and towing capability.

Sure you could tow with a Trackhawk, but it ain't built for that. I suppose that you could haul na keiki to baseball practice too... at the risk of getting sideways. That's not practical either.

Why sacrifice top heavy for grip if performance is your goal? ...not a hater, just saying.

If you need to get the kids safely to school and the ballpark, buy something practical. When they are older, there will be plenty of time (and you will have more capital) to focus on performance. Just be careful which kid you give the keys to.
Huh?
Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #37
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
*shew*
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #38
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
i bought a trackhawk last march...practically stopped driving my ZL1- TH checks off all the boxes..
question..with apologies in advance...has anyone solved the weird ghost revving while in 1st gear...revs to redline...for no reason...i know this has been discussed in the past..tia!!
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #39
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
i bought a trackhawk last march...practically stopped driving my ZL1- TH checks off all the boxes..
question..with apologies in advance...has anyone solved the weird ghost revving while in 1st gear...revs to redline...for no reason...i know this has been discussed in the past..tia!!
never heard of this ghost rev up to red line, in any gear.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #40
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
never heard of this ghost rev up to red line, in any gear.
i posted about it..in this forum a year or so ago...
car revs...in first gear..to REDline...when the clutch is fully depressed..
happens too often..a few times a week..
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #41
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
I've spent more than a couple of nights diving into bunkers with 230mm rockets flying overhead and far too many miles concerned about EFPs in my life to ever buy an FCA product.

To each his own.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #42
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Since we are talking about fast SUVs here. Why doesn’t Chevy put 650hp or 755 hp in one of their SUVs?
Quote:
Quote:
Sometimes I just don’t understand GM.
I thought about this many times. But then I stopped thinking like a customer and started thinking like an actual manufacturer. Or what I think a manufacturer would be thinking. I doubt the LT4 would be a good engine in a heavy SUV. It isn't designed for it. It was designed specifically for the C7 Vette and it works great in the Camaro. I could imagine that they could try to fit it into a very small and light SUV. But I'm not sure that would be a good move. Plus they probably did testing and surveying and figured out that it would not be a wise idea. Or perhaps they are working on something. The Hellcat was around for quite a while before Dodge threw it in the Jeep. Maybe GM has something brewing that will surface in a couple years. Give it time. Also, it wouldn't be just competing with the Trackhawk. It'll also be competing against the X5M, X6M, Cayenne Turbo, etc. That would be a tough market and some really tough competition. As of right now the only thing Dodge has over those cars is HP. As far as luxury and features/options it falls way short. Perhaps GM doesn't want to enter that arena.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote