Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
thecamaroproject246

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Contacting Will from Overkill for V6 tune

I've been wanted to get a tune for my V6, and Overkill as been at the top of my list. But I've heard Will from Overkill is a one man show so from what I've been reading, contacting him for questions is pretty much non existent.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten the tune from him recently and how long it takes to get back to you. Mainly because I don't mind being patient, but I don't want to be spending $600+ just for him to never get back to me.
thecamaroproject246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
also interested in this feedback
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Definitely hit and miss. I got my initial tune fairly quick but then did some data logging and had a couple of change requests and never heard back from him, and that was almost a year a go. Tried multiple emails and messaged him on Facebook. First tune has been good though so I haven't taken the time to try again. I probably just got lost in the shuffle.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
thecamaroproject246

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Definitely hit and miss. I got my initial tune fairly quick but then did some data logging and had a couple of change requests and never heard back from him, and that was almost a year a go. Tried multiple emails and messaged him on Facebook. First tune has been good though so I haven't taken the time to try again. I probably just got lost in the shuffle.
I've noticed the big selling point for people on the forums was the whole "Free Retunes", which is kinda a bummer if he never gets back to you. But with the original tune would you say the differences with the car was worth it?
thecamaroproject246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
RxSummit16

The difference is night and day with the original, at least on the auto with the TCM tune. I'm happy with it.

Hopefully some others can chime in with their own experiences with re-tunes.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
You also have trifecta.... though you have to pay extra for the custom tuning option.. the canned tune (would be similar to will's initial tune in the situation where you never get a custom one made/sent/requested) ...is similarly like night and day from the stock.

at least from what i remember of stock. car wasn't stock tuned past like 6 months of ownership in 2016.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I have 16 RS and a lot of mods (3.23's, Borla, intake, ect) and I went with Trifecta. The main reason was price. I got it right before a holiday weekend on a big sale and saved over $300 I'm there too much less versus what Overkill is charging. Right out of the box it ran perfectly and all of the car details I specified on order were set correctly. I've had a few follow-up questions and a retune done since then all of which were handled right away with very little wait time. I know a lot of people don't talk about Trifecta a lot but in my book they are really solid and I'm very happy with their company and product.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #8
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
I'm tuned by Overkill. Sometimes it may take a while for him to get back to you, but I've never had Will ignore any of my requests. I've had 8-10 engine tune revisions and several TCM tune revisions in the year or so that I've been tuned.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #9
RxSummit16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF_RS View Post
I'm tuned by Overkill. Sometimes it may take a while for him to get back to you, but I've never had Will ignore any of my requests. I've had 8-10 engine tune revisions and several TCM tune revisions in the year or so that I've been tuned.
Guess I need to give it another try...
Old 06-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #10
Er2925

Drives: 2012 camaro 2lt rs
It’s been over a month since I sent him the data log with no retune file or anything.
Er2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:38 PM   #11
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
I bought the tune and throttle body/intake manifold package around February. The initial scan and tuning process took around a couple weeks to get uploaded and downloaded. The rescan however took almost 3 months with the third email forwarded finally getting the tweak tune. The tune does the job however.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
Is will on this forum at all? I have emailed him a number of times and even tried his intsagram and Fb over the last 2 months. Cant seem to get a reply.
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:05 AM   #13
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
Is will on this forum at all? I have emailed him a number of times and even tried his intsagram and Fb over the last 2 months. Cant seem to get a reply.
I see him on the v6 FaceBook groups every so often, last resort I'd say would be to create a post on the group asking for him. Though prepare for negative comments as it's seen as 'not being patient'

I get his predicament as there's a ton of us and one of him but sucks that some people get left hanging as you stated.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #14
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
I have the Tracy Lewis catch can, Overkill 80ml TB, & Overkill tune. Will is snowed under most of the time since it's just him re-tuning. I don't think he intentionally ignores anyone. He just can't cover it all some times is my guess. That said I'm on my 4th re-tune as I've added mods one at a time & the car is running strong. It takes a while but it's been worth it in my opinion. as for him not answering requests from anyone who hasn't actually purchased a product from him yet, I'd say that's just him taking care of paying customers first and just not having time to get to the ones that haven't. I get it it's frustrating when you're excited and waiting on an upgrade. Especially if you've already paid for it. Sometimes you just have to keep messaging and emailing till he gets to you.
mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote