Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-29-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
atx_traveler

Drives: blue velvet
BMR Rear cradle braces

I'm looking at installing the lockout bushing kit, BK063. Came across the front and rear cradle braces as well (CB009 and CB008). Will these further enhance the lockout bushing kit and make it more like the ZL1 1LE's aluminum mounts? I figure if I'm working in that area already, these parts would be easy to install at the same time. Doesn't seem like many people have these additional braces, so I'm wondering if the lockout kit is sufficient.

Thanks
atx_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
To begin with, CB009 says it is not compatible with any Camaro that has the eLSD option. So that rules out SS 1LEs and Zl1s.

Second, both braces claim to create a double-shear mount for the cradle, but they don't appear to actually do that. I think BMR's definition of "double shear" and the true definition of it are two very different things. You can't bolt shit onto the end of a single-shear mount and call it "double shear." That's not how this works.

Finally, has anybody actually measured cradle deflection once the solid bushings are installed? I seriously doubt it's an issue, and I seriously doubt that BMR has actually don't any testing.

It seems to me if you're worried about deflection of the cradle, then installing the solid bushings or maybe even their lockout kit would solve that problem adequately. Maybe if you're launching a 1000rwhp Camaro on true drag slicks these would be useful, but for all the rest of us it's probably just a way to increase the weight of your car and reduce the weight of your wallet.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
All that is needed is the ZLE solid rear cradle bushings. That one change and you are good to go. Everything else is fluff and a money grab.

I was going down that path when I first got my SS 1LE. After the solid cradle bushing install, I was more than satisfied. I am very anal about handling and that one mod satisfied me 100%.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post
I'm looking at installing the lockout bushing kit, BK063. Came across the front and rear cradle braces as well (CB009 and CB008). Will these further enhance the lockout bushing kit and make it more like the ZL1 1LE's aluminum mounts? I figure if I'm working in that area already, these parts would be easy to install at the same time. Doesn't seem like many people have these additional braces, so I'm wondering if the lockout kit is sufficient.

Thanks
If it is a daily driven car the bk063 is a great choice to lock out cradle bushing movement and not increasing nvh as much as sold bushings. Using the CB008 and CB009 would depend on what you do with the car.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote