Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
Question 2nd cat delete / catback kit for stock NPP

I know I've read thru plenty of us here that plan on keeping our warranties. I'm on the fence about which system & options are available for us, I assume plenty of others have thought about the same.
- As much as I would love to pull the system and throw long tubes, catless, and e85 tune on to make 500whp NA, the warranty with peace of mind is more valuable.
I NEED a little more sound, power gains will be negligible, retain the function of the oem npp, not spend $1200 on a noisy muffler, that money should be spent on tires & trackdays

Anyone have experience with these midpipes? How was fitment mating to the stock npp muffler we have?

Flowmaster 81083 $300

Holley hooker 70501387 $550

Borla 60606 $600
Attached Images

1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
I am with you on keeping the warranty. Also very interested to get feedback on the above options...Thanks for asking this question.
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Also following
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I have the borla catless xpipe (no afm, m6). Bolts right up to after primary cats and then you have to cut right before the muffler and weld.

Borla does provide all the bolts, tbolt clamps and gaskets. I not only used the tbolt clamps but also welded so there is absolutely zero leak.

There is also a muuuuuch cheaper way as well which I did since not a single product was out when I got the car, cut the secondary cats out and replace with 2.5 straight pipes (stock exhaust is 2.75' but unless you supply the 2.75' pipes, good luck having a shop do it. They only work with 2.5 or 3.0. I knew it would be temporary so I rocked 2.5' cat deletes till borla came out with their xpipe).

As for warranty, as long as the welding is done right you won't have any issues. Too many people don't realize that even though the secondary cats aren't monitored... If you do not use an arcing welder you cannot 100% weld the top of the pipes thus causing a leak thus causing a CEL. If you do headers, that's when you will worry about warranty. If you just do cat delete or xpipe, you will be just fine.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
I am on the same boat as you. I have the NPP exhaust. I want to keep my warranty but i would like more sound for the time being. I want to delete the secondary resonators. My questions i'm looking to get answered
-does it keep the factory warranty (i should ask my dealer)
-which pipe will bolt right into the factory NPP exhaust
-will it pass inspections or cause any type of inspection problem
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #6
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
i have the 60606 system in my garage awaiting for some time to install. I liked the idea of being able to replace the whole mid section in one shot. I bought these clamps for the stock system to tie in so i wouldn't have to weld it up.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1176/overview/

you can save some big coin by calling maryland speed on that kit.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
1LE caSSper

Thanks for the feedback guys that's a big help..

Any more is awsome to hear from yall
Old 07-08-2017, 08:09 PM   #8
1LE caSSper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
I am on the same boat as you. I have the NPP exhaust. I want to keep my warranty but i would like more sound for the time being. I want to delete the secondary resonators. My questions i'm looking to get answered
-does it keep the factory warranty (i should ask my dealer)
-which pipe will bolt right into the factory NPP exhaust
-will it pass inspections or cause any type of inspection problem
To my knowledge every dealer & service manager can treat modifications as they seem fit.

I checked with my dealer as I bought mine, they said any major modification, long tube headers , e85, tuning, engine internals voids the engine powertrain warranty. Intake & cat back exhaust is 99% good to go anywhere.

There's enough dealer horror stories floating around [with any and every car, not just ours] for me not to want any part of that to push that boundary, horror stories even with brand new full stock camaros.

But any modification If they feel like taking it to that level can void the warranty if there's a serious issue- and we're left jumping thru hoops waiting/ suing/ renting trying to to hypothetically getting our engines fixed under warranty.
I'll stick with the 'safe mods'
Old 07-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #9
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I have to say the cold air intake really woke the sound of the car up it's worth it
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
chrest

just installed the 60606 yesterday and install was a breeze.
603hp/547tq
Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
just installed the 60606 yesterday and install was a breeze.
Where does it end up to the rear, in the crimped area, or where? Did you just use a 2.75"-to-2.75" adapter per side or cut to length and weld? Thanks.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #12
chrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Where does it end up to the rear, in the crimped area, or where? Did you just use a 2.75"-to-2.75" adapter per side or cut to length and weld? Thanks.
i used butt clamp sleeves. The cut is passed the crimp. probably 6-8" off the muffler. Here's a link to the clamps.

603hp/547tq
Old 07-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #13
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
i used butt clamp sleeves. The cut is passed the crimp. probably 6-8" off the muffler. Here's a link to the clamps.

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with those style clamps. Do you have a current pic or of the joint(s) after install before the clamps put on? How do you like the sound for WOT, drone, and tone? Think you will stay the stock muffler route with it or do you want an axle back set to go along with this?
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #14
chrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with those style clamps. Do you have a current pic or of the joint(s) after install before the clamps put on? How do you like the sound for WOT, drone, and tone? Think you will stay the stock muffler route with it or do you want an axle back set to go along with this?
i didnt take a pic of that but i just left about a 3/4" gap between the 2 for some adjustment and tightened them up.

no drone. i think the most sound change was in the mid RPM range. I ended up pulling the NPP fuse the next day to see what kind of difference that would make and right now I'm very happy with the results. Ill probably put the fuse back in as i like the stealth mode early in mornings.

I am happy with it. I will go with long tubes before i go with axlebacks at this point. The cat delete kinda gave the stock system the added thing it was missing IMO.
603hp/547tq