Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
12SilverBulletSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Great story.

After reading this, I just realized that the "original" USS Enterprise was a WWII carrier. I'd always associated that name with the nuclear class carrier launched in 1960...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(CV-6)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._United_States
That is the most decorated naval vessel in history and to talk to a man who was there living it is surreal. You should hear the stories. He has told me about 500 pound bombs, being trapped below deck from damage from kamakazi attacks, running low on ammunition, and the funny ones of how they got through the down times.

I have been to combat three times in my career and served at the embassy in Baghdad for 19 months and I am awed at what they had to endure to make it through that war alive.
12SilverBulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #16
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12SilverBulletSS View Post
That is the most decorated naval vessel in history and to talk to a man who was there living it is surreal. You should hear the stories. He has told me about 500 pound bombs, being trapped below deck from damage from kamakazi attacks, running low on ammunition, and the funny ones of how they got through the down times.

I have been to combat three times in my career and served at the embassy in Baghdad for 19 months and I am awed at what they had to endure to make it through that war alive.
Thank you for YOUR service also!
bub is offline   Reply With Quote