Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #15
12SilverBulletSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah, I have read your post on that. I will try some other versions of options.

I was originally looking for a 5thgen ZL1 and this car popped up in my search. I kept ignoring it but couldn't find a ZL1 I liked, in my price range, not black, and with the options I wanted.

I wanted a stick. Not because it is faster, better gas mileage or because I can drive it better (cause even after 25 years of manual work, I still need improvement), but I like the connection I feel with a stick.

I also decided I HAD to have this color. I found a used black one and new blue, white, krypton green, and grey metallic. But I was willing to pay for the red, it spoke to me.
12SilverBulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #16
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
"it spoke to me"

That's reason enough right there

I know what you mean about the connection on driving a stick.....I traded a '16 2ss with the auto, it's an awesome car and got phenomenal gas mileage but was I was just missing something. I tried to get a 1LE in Raleigh, but couldn't work out a deal and neither of their cars spoke to me and no others around at the time. So, the next day I went to my dealer that had this ZL1 and she "spoke" to me. Didn't think I'd be able to get it, but was able to put a deal together and the rest is history. Stay safe and have fun at Yas Marina.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #17
12SilverBulletSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks! I just wasn't willing to make payments out that far for a ZL1 or a Grand Sport. I did think about a 2017 blue Grand Sport they had very near to my 1LE on the lot. It was beautiful and a good price at $57k.

That extra $17k had to go somewhere and it was time. I am nearing the end of my time in the Marines and I didn't want 8 years of payments. I got this thing financed at 5 years at 1.39%!

Plus I have read the balance of the 1LE is better than the ZL1 despite its power advantage. I have thrown the 1LE into a looping on ramp pretty hard and was surprised by the ease of car adjustment going that fast. Throttle input, steering, braking, and the fact when you hammer it the dam thing just sticks. Confidence inspiring.
12SilverBulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #18
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Soon as I saw your picture I was all wow! That color on 1LE is amazing