Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-14-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
what product(s) to keep ceramic coat looking good?

I've always been the type to keep my vehicles looking as good as new as often as I ca . That being said I havent had THIS nice of a vehicle (2018 zl1). I just got it and Monday its getting washed. By washed I mean I'm taking it to a professional place who is going to give it a basic wash but we are also going to then go over getting paint correction and ceramic coating done in about a month. I guess my question is, what are some good products to keep on hand to keep the car looking clean.

The vehicle isn't a daily and will get MAYBE 100 miles on it every week (or every 2 weeks). What im thinking, and I could be wrong, is for the paint, a good quick detailer spray and micro fiber cloths. For thr wheels, I have no idea. With the amount of brake dust these create, I figure some kind of cleaner / wheel wholly will have to be used.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as what I have on hand is dated (mostly older maguiars stuff) that I use on my older truck and wife's car.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
We have several SI02 products to use to keep your Coating maintained and looking good.
Here is a kit. https://adamspolishes.com/collection...aintenance-kit

We also have Graphene Detail Spray, CS3 to name a few.

https://adamspolishes.com/collection...spray%E2%84%A2

https://adamspolishes.com/collection...ucts/adams-cs3
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I guess my question is, what are some good products to keep on hand to keep the car looking clean.

What im thinking, and I could be wrong, is for the paint, a good quick detailer spray and micro fiber cloths. For thr wheels, I have no idea. With the amount of brake dust these create, I figure some kind of cleaner / wheel wholly will have to be used.
Adams makes good stuff. Their shampoo cleans very well and seems to have the least amount of haze/residue vs. the other shampoos I've tried.

For ceramic coated paint, full strength sprays may streak. I personally like Carpro Reload (1 part Reload diluted into 5 parts distilled water). But there are dozens of good products out there. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is one of best spray coatings out there (best $ value) and is available almost everywhere. Might need to dilute this as well on fresh ceramic. Eagle Edgeless 500 gram/sq-meter plush microfiber towels are hard to beat.

For wheels, if you're not going to be tracking the car or doing a hot of heavy high speed braking or autocross, swap out the brake pads for Powerstop pads. Z26-1835 front, Z26-1053 rear. Got mine nearly 3-1/2 years ago and never looked back.

Wheel Woolies brushes are pretty coarse and while I haven't noticed any scratching, I really only use them on the barrels. For the wheel spokes and front grille I use a combination of cheapo low-pile microfiber towels and a chemical guys gerbil brush.

Last edited by Gunkk; 11-15-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #4
MR2620

Drives: 2017 ZL1 - Hyper Blue
I'm by no means an expert detailer, but I've had the best results with Adams Waterless Wash as a detailer. It's the only thing I've tried that doesn't streak on my ceramic coat. I've not tried diluting other detailers, so I can't speak to that, but it's something I might try.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
MR2620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
The new Adams Graphene Detail Spray is awesome. You don't have to have ceramic on your car to use it.

It has now replaced the original Adams (pink) detail spray for me.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #6
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Gyeon wet coat is absolutely amazing as a ceramic topper/maintenance spray. Best used with a power washer but can still be used with a basic hose.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:37 PM   #7
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Ive got Car Pro CQuartz on my car so I use their Reload product after washing.

Their ECH20 is for maintenance between washing/waterless wash but really its best just not to touch the car unless its bird crap or something like that.

You dont need ceramic coat to use the ECH20
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:22 AM   #8
peteric

Drives: 2016 camaro
The Graphene Detail Spray is a nice product.
peteric is offline   Reply With Quote