Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #29
metwaru

Drives: 2016 I-4 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Let's us see when you finish!!
Here she is
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #30
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
That looks great. Love the carbon fiber. Can't wait to get mine installed.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #31
metwaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
That looks great. Love the carbon fiber. Can't wait to get mine installed.

Thanks, the wrapping didn't come out great. I'll have to get it wrapped again sometime in the near future. Blade Spoiler and stripes first
Old 05-16-2016, 04:49 PM   #32
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by metwaru View Post
Here she is
Nice!!!!!!! Looks good man!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #33
sonnydurden

So nothing is going my way.. Just found out from JDP that the Kooks exhaust is on back order until 6/20. So now I'm thinking about the SW regular dual mode exhaust. But it's not a muffler delete..
Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #34
metwaru

Quote:
So nothing is going my way.. Just found out from JDP that the Kooks exhaust is on back order until 6/20. So now I'm thinking about the SW regular dual mode exhaust. But it's not a muffler delete..

Honestly I couldn't justify nearly 2k for just a sound upgrade that's why I went with the muffler delete but I have a 2.0. Your SS sound will be way different (better) than mine. I'll post a video later today or early tomorrow of the sound (need someone to take the video while I start and rev, will see GF this evening)

If you wanted to check out your sound take the car to any muffler shop and have them cut the pipes for a sound check, they can always weld it back if you don't like the sound
Old 05-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #35
sonnydurden

Quote:
Honestly I couldn't justify nearly 2k for just a sound upgrade that's why I went with the muffler delete but I have a 2.0. Your SS sound will be way different (better) than mine. I'll post a video later today or early tomorrow of the sound (need someone to take the video while I start and rev, will see GF this evening)

If you wanted to check out your sound take the car to any muffler shop and have them cut the pipes for a sound check, they can always weld it back if you don't like the sound
Oh no I did the Kooks Axle Back with Muffler Delete for $560.00!! No way I'm paying $1000-$2000 for a catback. I asked JDP for a refund and I'm going to apply that money towards my wheels.. Thanks, can't wait to hear your exhaust!!
Old 05-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #36
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Oh no I did the Kooks Axle Back with Muffler Delete for $560.00!! No way I'm paying $1000-$2000 for a catback. I asked JDP for a refund and I'm going to apply that money towards my wheels.. Thanks, can't wait to hear your exhaust!!
Would you mind putting a video of your exhaust once you get it on? I can't find any videos of the kooks set up.
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #37
metwaru

Here's the video - 1LT 2.0 Base with straight pipes (Muffler Delete) it is a chilly day in the area hence the smoke. I will check it out the smoke another day when its warmer

https://youtu.be/tsNqdICaVr0
Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #38
sonnydurden

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's the video - 1LT 2.0 Base with straight pipes (Muffler Delete) it is a chilly day in the area hence the smoke. I will check it out the smoke another day when its warmer

https://youtu.be/tsNqdICaVr0
Man that sounds awesome!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #39
metwaru

Quote:
Man that sounds awesome!!!

Thanks! I Hope I didn't void warranty and can still pass NYS inspection LOL
Old 05-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #40
sonnydurden

Quote:
Thanks! I Hope I didn't void warranty and can still pass NYS inspection LOL
Not sure about NYS, but I had a Magnaflow with a muffler delete on my 12' Camaro SS and it passed emissions with no problems here in GA. I don't think it voids your warranty..
Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #41
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
I feel your pain. Got a call from the paint shop. The quad-tip facia is ready for install. Don't know how long it will be before the Flowmasters get here. Hope they ship them quick. Car will really look stupid with only one tip on each side.

Did you try LMP. They have quite a selection. https://www.lmperformance.com/car.as...=2016&b=0&su=Y
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #42
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I feel your pain. Got a call from the paint shop. The quad-tip facia is ready for install. Don't know how long it will be before the Flowmasters get here. Hope they ship them quick. Car will really look stupid with only one tip on each side.

Did you try LMP. They have quite a selection. https://www.lmperformance.com/car.as...=2016&b=0&su=Y
The Hooker Black Heart with muffler delete looks good. But the one with the muffler doesn't really sound that aggressive. I haven't picked up the fascia, maybe I will just keep the dual mode exhaust. Get a refund for the fascia and pay the restocking fee.. Thinking about the Flowmaster Outlaw..