Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #1
monza41

Drives: Chevrolet
Advertised pricing question???

So I found basically the exact SS I've been looking for and the price the dealership has it advertised at would be in the range that I'd pull the trigger and buy. However, the dealership has so far refused to confirm the pricing with me (i.e. what is included in their discount - is this something everyone qualifies for or does it include new grad, first responder, etc discount). It's been about two years since I last purchased a vehicle, and the last three I've bought out of state and never had an issue with discussing price over the phone with someone.

Is this becoming standard practice, or am I just working with a difficult dealer? I'm just not real excited about making a 5+ hour round trip to find out that the price is several thousand more than advertised. If I make the drive, I'm bringing someone along so I can purchase and return home with the car.

I think I already know the answer, but it feels good to complain for a minute
monza41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
I wouldn't waste my time with any dealer that wouldn't send an OTD price quote. I got quotes from several when buying my LT1 and never had an issue even with the semi-shady dealers that don't include Destination, their $1K doc fee, $300 dollar wheel locks, etc in their advertised price. Maybe ask to speak to the sales manager if you're not getting anywhere?

If you're buying a new one I would suggest not doing what I did and buy one built during June-Sep 2020 during the Valve Spring issues. Mine didn't even make it home.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:18 PM   #3
monza41

Is there anyway to lookup build date if you have a VIN#?
Old 01-21-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Honestly, piss on them and go somewhere else.
I just ordered my car in 7 emails total. I had to cell them the day after I left the deposit to ask about the order and they needed my phone number to order the car..... So it can be done thru email all the way and straight forward.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by monza41 View Post
Is there anyway to lookup build date if you have a VIN#?

IDK but I would just ask the dealer. They should have a record of it.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
monza41

Yeah, I decided against driving there. It sucks as they have the only car/color/option combo I can find out there, but too much of a pain/games for my liking. I was going to put a deposit over the phone if the # was right, but whatever. Next option is to see if my local dealer can trade for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Honestly, piss on them and go somewhere else.
I just ordered my car in 7 emails total. I had to cell them the day after I left the deposit to ask about the order and they needed my phone number to order the car..... So it can be done thru email all the way and straight forward.