Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #43
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Thought I'd share my experience from yesterday after my first track day with these. And this is going from non MRC on BMR springs to these coilovers with swift springs.

The difference was night and day. I was able to dial out the little bit of understeer I was getting by adjusting the front to full stiff, rears ended up 4 clicks shy of full stiff. At that point the grip I had was noticably better than at the start of the day. I had much more confidence putting power down coming out of corners. I also replaced the rear upper control arm and trailing arms, as well as knuckle bushings. I'm sure they all worked together in getting more power to the ground exiting corners.

For a middle of the road product based on price($1600 with swift spring upgrade) I was really pleased that I was able to actually make adjustments that you can feel immediately on the track. We'll see how they hold up over time, but first impression is more grip, more confidence, great, noticable adjustability. Definitely an upgrade over stock non MRC suspension.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #44
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Thought I'd share my experience from yesterday after my first track day with these. And this is going from non MRC on BMR springs to these coilovers with swift springs.

The difference was night and day. I was able to dial out the little bit of understeer I was getting by adjusting the front to full stiff, rears ended up 4 clicks shy of full stiff. At that point the grip I had was noticably better than at the start of the day. I had much more confidence putting power down coming out of corners. I also replaced the rear upper control arm and trailing arms, as well as knuckle bushings. I'm sure they all worked together in getting more power to the ground exiting corners.

For a middle of the road product based on price($1600 with swift spring upgrade) I was really pleased that I was able to actually make adjustments that you can feel immediately on the track. We'll see how they hold up over time, but first impression is more grip, more confidence, great, noticable adjustability. Definitely an upgrade over stock non MRC suspension.
Good to hear. What rates did you do with the swift's?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #45
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Good to hear. What rates did you do with the swift's?

Just the standard 8k/12k rates. We'll see the more I drive it if they need to be changed, but for now I'm happy with them.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #46
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Just the standard 8k/12k rates. We'll see the more I drive it if they need to be changed, but for now I'm happy with them.
nice, im considering jumping up a bit stiffer but anything within 2k difference will probably need re-valving or new damper.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 01-23-2021, 06:52 PM   #47
J_mo30

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS (Dory)
So now that you've had these for some time and presumably some track days on them, how are they holding up?

Still not much in the way of coilovers for our cars. Sounds promising with two people tracking on them.
J_mo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:41 PM   #48
Baddawg53

Just finished my 2nd track day today with these, and I'd still completely recommend them, especially for someone on a budget. I really like everything about them, absolutely no regrets, I stand behind my first review, if you have a non MRC car I don't see how these aren't a huge upgrade.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #49
J_mo30

Awesome man! Not a lot of info on coils so glad to hear we got some people tracking on them.

I'd like to hear from the OP Joey since he's had his for over a year now.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #50
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_mo30 View Post
Awesome man! Not a lot of info on coils so glad to hear we got some people tracking on them.

I'd like to hear from the OP Joey since he's had his for over a year now.
So far so good, I only got on 1 track event last year with them but i still take the car out on weekends and tinker with damper adjustments. I threw it on some corner scales and the car was almost spot on haha.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #51
J_mo30

Glad to hear it. Definitely thinking about getting some.

Was thinking 8k or 9k with 14k rear, what you guys think?
Old 02-06-2021, 08:17 PM   #52
Baddawg53

I have no complaints with the standard 8k 12k I have. The car has been fantastic on the track so far.

Maybe they're just working well with all the other modifications I've made?? I've replaced the rear trailing arms and upper control arm, spindle bushing changed to spherical bearings, cradle bushings, and the silvers suspension. I'm super happy with my current setup.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #53
Mike Aruba

Drives: 2016 2SS
Love my Silvers.
Mike Aruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #54
J_mo30

Oh okay nice.

I have BMR sway bars and sway bar end links, then about to install BMR lockouts for cradle and diff. Currently on Eibach springs, so I think regardless the coils will be a nice improvement
Old 02-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #55
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Ya those rates should be fine. It depends on your driving style and usage. 8/14 is a little more oversteer prone then 9/14. Just watch the ride height when you install. Its easy to throw off the roll center on these cars.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #56
J_mo30

It's not a daily so not really worried about ride or anything. Definitely want to get out to the track more. Haven't been since I was at Laguna Seca almost 2 years ago now