Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #15
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I think you're putting a lot of work in to a V6. I'd suggest keeping it simpler, Axle back but not the flowmaster, just not seeing that sound worth a damn on a 6 (sorry). I think the 2d cat delete will get you the raspy that you don't want. You kind of have a long list of wants...I'd limit it to axle back only and non-npp. No point in a 3" catback, either.

The cat delete with the resonated X a seems cost effective to me.
I agree with you that I shouldn't spend too much on a V6. I do want to save up for the next car few years down the road. But why do you say axleback but not flowmaster? I mean its already much cheaper than something like Borla.
Also the fact that secondary cat delete will make it raspy, just a guess? I've heard from a couple of guys who've only done secondary cat delete and they say it's a bit louder and deeper. That's all I want honestly, even though my list of wants may seem long lol
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:14 AM   #16
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
louder deeper raspy it's all relative to the person hearing it. Plenty have people have chimed in elsewhere about the 2d cat delete having a raspiness to it but then...that's all relative.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american thunder, exhaust, flowmaster, magnaflow, npplow