Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

AWE Tuning

Old 10-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
skywrench

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Perhaps a dumb question but....

Like the title said, maybe a dumb question but one I'll ask. I'm sitting here in Minnesota preparing to park my Camaro for the winter which will suck. My question is can you guys out there drive your cars year round? I know it doesn't snow much but when it does do they salt the roads? I have a '17 Silverado with so much frame rust you'd think it's been through a dozen winters here. So I'd never let the Camaro see salt on the road.
I was thinking about transferring to Seattle and I'm looking for information.
Thanks!
skywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
No they tend not to salt the roads out here. they gravel them instead, so be prepared for a new windshield more often. That said, Seattle sees snow maybe twice a year. so if you are staying in the general metro area, you really don't need to worry. If you are heading over the pass to Eastern WA, then you'll run into significantly worse conditions.
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
skywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
No they tend not to salt the roads out here. they gravel them instead, so be prepared for a new windshield more often. That said, Seattle sees snow maybe twice a year. so if you are staying in the general metro area, you really don't need to worry. If you are heading over the pass to Eastern WA, then you'll run into significantly worse conditions.
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #4
NWFifty

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Yeah no salt around here. I'm on the Kitsap Peninsula side and they use chemical deicer in the evening to prevent freezing overnight, and sand if needed on hills for snow. I drove Camaro the past 2 winters on severe winter tires and did fine. When we had so much my wife stayed home, then I took her AWD. This winter I have a 99 Civic I picked up as a commuter. Trying to keep the miles down on the Camaro.

Mike
NWFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
skywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFifty View Post
Yeah no salt around here. I'm on the Kitsap Peninsula side and they use chemical deicer in the evening to prevent freezing overnight, and sand if needed on hills for snow. I drove Camaro the past 2 winters on severe winter tires and did fine. When we had so much my wife stayed home, then I took her AWD. This winter I have a 99 Civic I picked up as a commuter. Trying to keep the miles down on the Camaro.

Mike
Good to know. I haven't driven my Camaro in a week, it's snowing here today. I should be able to drive it a few days this week I hope if the weatherman is correct.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Lots of snow here in Quebec. Lots of salt, lots of rocks, lots of everything.

If you don't do an anti-rust oil treatment, your car will start to rust like hell.

If you want to keep your car clean and dirt free, don't do the treatment. And by not doing it, store your car for the winter time.

Even if the snow melts, there will still be salt on the road. It needs a good rain to wash it off.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote