Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2019, 10:04 PM   #15
acidronin

Drives: 2017 camaro 2.0t
Umm. I thought my op was clear. It was for a 2.0. I have a 2.0. The handheld tuner was defective when I got it and would not detect my ecu. I spoke with tech support and was walked through updating the device which did nothing. Now i am being refused a refund since its tune related even though i never received a tune file.
acidronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:01 PM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I hate saying they rickrolled you. But they did... this is a huge reason to use paypal with these online sites for 3rd party vendors

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:50 PM   #17
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidronin View Post
Umm. I thought my op was clear. It was for a 2.0. I have a 2.0. The handheld tuner was defective when I got it and would not detect my ecu. I spoke with tech support and was walked through updating the device which did nothing. Now i am being refused a refund since its tune related even though i never received a tune file.

Did you fill out the required spec sheet giving them details about your car? Did they offer to get you the proper tune file you need? Did you talk to upper management? This is unbelievable.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:55 AM   #18
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Did you fill out the required spec sheet giving them details about your car? Did they offer to get you the proper tune file you need? Did you talk to upper management? This is unbelievable.
This is the crap I've been fighting to avoid for years. I go out of my way to bring knowledge about our aftermarket sometimes i go much to far with my passion and occasional arrogance. But when i see this type of crap it pisses me off. Nobody deserves to be screwed like this by a company who is selling a fake product for a platform it can't support because of built in security protocols i mean you literally have to pay an arm and a leg to tune anything post 2016 and this is where i think he was screwed with false advertising for the majority of the platform.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:49 AM   #19
acidronin

I was unable to speak with management yesterday.
Luckily I did use a finance company to pay for it but the minute I told vivid racing that I was going to have the finance company reverse the charge the terminated all communication with me. I will try again after work today.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:23 AM   #20
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Sorry to hear you had horrible time with them.

I have dealt with them in the past and had no issues.

Hoppfully you get your money back quick
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #21
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidronin View Post
I was unable to speak with management yesterday.
Luckily I did use a finance company to pay for it but the minute I told vivid racing that I was going to have the finance company reverse the charge the terminated all communication with me. I will try again after work today.
This sucks man. Them voiding refund due to a tuning issue is a load of BS... They seem like they either have absolutely no clue what they're doing, or are intentionally scamming people.

My .02 is: if it is worthwhile, there are people who will hear about it before I do and will post about it. These new cars, especially the 2017+, require a little more TLC to tune properly (although some will disagree). For instance, the 2016 required 2 credits to tune the ECU while the 2017 requires 4; and an additional 4 (+$200 to unlock and tune the TCM). The only worthwhile tunes on the market are indicated in Evil-Bee's mod list sticky. If it is a big deal, the guys at the forefront of the LTG performance community will find out. I do appreciate someone trying to branch out though. Seems like you paid the price, literally and figuratively.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:08 AM   #22
acidronin

Either way I'm glad that I didn't void my warranty using their product.