Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
Doc_VT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
MARYLAND SPEED Charged (merged)

Maryland Speed Charged

In my opinion the core of a good business should be professionalism and integrity. My experience to date with Maryland Speed has contained neither.

On August 21st 2017 I placed an order over the phone for a set of Thermal Coated Kooks 1 7/8"x 3" Headers and High Flow Cats. I was told that I should receive my items within 4-6 weeks and that the online status of my order would change as the items were acquired, coated and shipped. At no point in this initial conversation were cancellation/return policies discussed. Leaving that conversation I thought I was getting a great deal. A few hours after purchase I received an invoice and login credentials to check the status of my order, GREAT!

Fast forward 4.5 weeks (9/23/2017). I email Maryland Speed providing my order number and asked if there was any new information. On (9/25/2017) Branden F. responded to my email stating that they were hoping to have more information that week. 11 days pass with no update from Maryland Speed. On (10/6/2017) I reached out again via email asking Branden F. directly if there had been any updates. Branden quickly replied back on (10/6/2017) that he was at a show and had limited access so he would check on my order when he got back from the show. Branden also said that he thought they were about to go to the thermal coater. ** IMPORTANT ** on (10/6/2017) Branden first indicated that my headers should be shipping to the header soon.. Implying that they had already received them. Another week passes without update so on (10/12/2017) I email Branden reminding him that he was supposed to check on the status of my order and that I had not heard anything. Branden responds (10/16/2017) that the headers should being going to the thermal coaters that week “as long as all goes right”. <- Have no idea what that means.

I honored Branden’s timeline from the email and waited 3 weeks before inquiring again. On (11/8/2017) I called Maryland Speed I spoke with one of the representatives who had no additional information and basically read what Branden said in the previous email to me. The representative from Maryland Speed emails me that day (11/8/2017) stating that she would have her rep at the thermal coater confirm that they received my headers and then get me an estimated shipping date. On (11/9/201) Branden emails me saying that he’s waiting to hear from the thermal coaters and “It should be very soon they ship” ???? This was extremely concerning because this whole month I was under the impression that they were already at the thermal coaters. (11/14/2017) I again emailed Branden asking if the thermal coaters could even confirm that they had received my headers. I also spoke with rep over the phone asking for Maryland Speed to actually send me the tracking number. At this point I’m having doubts about if Maryland Speed had even ordered the parts yet. ** IMPORTANT ** (11/15/2017) Branden emails me stating that “We checked the tracking. It will be there Thursday.” Note: at this point 1. A tracking number supposedly exists and 2. Branden never actually sent me the tracking number.

3 weeks pass and on (12/5/2017) I called Maryland Speed and asked to have my order cancelled. I expressed that up to this point they couldn’t even definitively prove to me that they ordered the headers. The Maryland Speed rep over the phone brought up their policy about discounted orders and how they couldn’t be cancelled. She said she would work with the owner to get resolution on my order. The next day I actually speak with Branden on the phone and he talks all about their policy and how when I purchased I agreed to their policy (which I didn’t because it wasn’t disclosed over the phone) he at that point told me that even though he “checked the tracking” before, my headers didn’t actually make it on that shipment to the thermal coaters. Branden told me they would like to get everything resolved and that I should have the headers delivered to me by Christmas. Christmas comes and goes and on (1/10/2018) I call Maryland Speed again for an update. The Maryland Speed rep emails me the same day (1/10/2018) saying she would see what was going on with Quality Control at the thermal coater and would update me when she knew more.

(1/18/2018) I email Maryland Speed because of course there had been no update. I asked them to send me the tracking numbers from Kooks to their site and from their site to the coaters. I also informed them that it had been 5 months since my initial order and that at this time I would be filing a dispute with my credit card company. Branden emails me (1/19/2018) Asking to speak with me over the weekend to resolve the issue and I agree to speak with him. Weekend comes and goes without a call. On (1/23/2018) I speak with Branden over the phone and he tells me not to file the dispute and that it would only complicate the order. He gives me this story about how I would be committing fraud if I filed and that I was being vindictive by filing the dispute. He said he would win the dispute and that I wouldn’t get my money back or the headers until June. At this point in the conversation Branden was extremely aggressive and rude. He tried to offer me a set of Kooks stepped headers that were on the shelf for the same price. I declined this offer saying that I didn’t want to do further business with him and I was going to continue with the dispute. Branden continued with more insults and I ended the phone call.

This was my experience with Maryland Speed and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. I tried to give Maryland Speed as many opportunities as I could to alleviate my concerns as a customer, to no relief. I’m currently waiting for the dispute to finalize with my credit card company. I hope anyone looking to do business with Maryland Speed does their research and this email can give some perspective.

Doc
Doc_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Your story has been duplicated time and time and time again all over car forums and the internet. I believe they have been removed as a forum sponsored vendor here. People must not do their homework when buying anything these days. A 5 second google search would make anyone run from buying a pack of chewing gum from them let alone anything expensive.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
Doc_VT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Agreed, I failed to do the proper research. Valuable lesson learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your story has been duplicated time and time and time again all over car forums and the internet. I believe they have been removed as a forum sponsored vendor here. People must not do their homework when buying anything these days. A 5 second google search would make anyone run from buying a pack of chewing gum from them let alone anything expensive.
Doc_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
Anyone ever noticed that there Facebook posts have comments on them but most of them show nothing?

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
SMDH...Yea they are a garbage company. Sorry Op, hope you get your money back.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
rviper24

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 6-Speed
I actually have a ton of respect to whatever admin said enough with there shit, sponsor or not we are community and we gotta look out for each other. I do not know how they are still in business.
Idk whats worse Verizon customer service or talking to Branden.

2013 Camaro 1SS 6-Speed LS3
All stock.. For now...
rviper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rviper24 View Post
I actually have a ton of respect to whatever admin said enough with there shit, sponsor or not we are community and we gotta look out for each other. I do not know how they are still in business.
He can't possibly be worse than CenturyLink. He's really bad if that's the case.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #8
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviper24 View Post
HaHaHa,Now thats some funny ass stuff right there!! I have'nt had any dealings with Maryland Speed but I have butted heads with Verizon several times.OP I hope all works out in your favor.
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
If you hadn't noticed they are no longer sponsors here.

Way too much of this stuff.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you hadn't noticed they are no longer sponsors here.

Way too much of this stuff.
Respect to you and the C5 team for finally stepping in and saying enough is enough
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #11
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
BUT.... it sure took a long f*ing time
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #12
motorhead

It is really is crazy when you just google their name. The BBB page pops up right under there site along with pages and pages of negative posts and articles.
How does anyone buy from them without doing they suck? I would be out of my mind if my business was attached to so much negativity.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:21 AM   #13
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yes they are a awful business. I waited for two months for a ud pulley that never came. They could never even provide me with a tracking number. Keep giving me the run around. I finally contacted my cc company and filed a claim to cancel and a full refund. I was fully refunded the next day. Branden then emailed me saying my order was definitely shipping that day. He had told me this maybe four times already. I informed him that I had already filed my claim and was asking for a full refund. Also told him that I rather do business elsewhere even if it meant spending more money. His response was that he wish he could get ppl to spend more with them so they could stock better. Sounds to me like they take orders and money without having parts in stock. They definitely loss my business!
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:38 AM   #14
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_VT View Post
In my opinion the core of a good business should be professionalism and integrity. My experience to date with Maryland Speed has contained neither.

On August 21st 2017 I placed an order over the phone for a set of Thermal Coated Kooks 1 7/8"x 3" Headers and High Flow Cats. I was told that I should receive my items within 4-6 weeks and that the online status of my order would change as the items were acquired, coated and shipped. At no point in this initial conversation were cancellation/return policies discussed. Leaving that conversation I thought I was getting a great deal. A few hours after purchase I received an invoice and login credentials to check the status of my order, GREAT!

Fast forward 4.5 weeks (9/23/2017). I email Maryland Speed providing my order number and asked if there was any new information. On (9/25/2017) Branden F. responded to my email stating that they were hoping to have more information that week. 11 days pass with no update from Maryland Speed. On (10/6/2017) I reached out again via email asking Branden F. directly if there had been any updates. Branden quickly replied back on (10/6/2017) that he was at a show and had limited access so he would check on my order when he got back from the show. Branden also said that he thought they were about to go to the thermal coater. ** IMPORTANT ** on (10/6/2017) Branden first indicated that my headers should be shipping to the header soon.. Implying that they had already received them. Another week passes without update so on (10/12/2017) I email Branden reminding him that he was supposed to check on the status of my order and that I had not heard anything. Branden responds (10/16/2017) that the headers should being going to the thermal coaters that week “as long as all goes right”. <- Have no idea what that means.

I honored Branden’s timeline from the email and waited 3 weeks before inquiring again. On (11/8/2017) I called Maryland Speed I spoke with one of the representatives who had no additional information and basically read what Branden said in the previous email to me. The representative from Maryland Speed emails me that day (11/8/2017) stating that she would have her rep at the thermal coater confirm that they received my headers and then get me an estimated shipping date. On (11/9/201) Branden emails me saying that he’s waiting to hear from the thermal coaters and “It should be very soon they ship” ???? This was extremely concerning because this whole month I was under the impression that they were already at the thermal coaters. (11/14/2017) I again emailed Branden asking if the thermal coaters could even confirm that they had received my headers. I also spoke with rep over the phone asking for Maryland Speed to actually send me the tracking number. At this point I’m having doubts about if Maryland Speed had even ordered the parts yet. ** IMPORTANT ** (11/15/2017) Branden emails me stating that “We checked the tracking. It will be there Thursday.” Note: at this point 1. A tracking number supposedly exists and 2. Branden never actually sent me the tracking number.

3 weeks pass and on (12/5/2017) I called Maryland Speed and asked to have my order cancelled. I expressed that up to this point they couldn’t even definitively prove to me that they ordered the headers. The Maryland Speed rep over the phone brought up their policy about discounted orders and how they couldn’t be cancelled. She said she would work with the owner to get resolution on my order. The next day I actually speak with Branden on the phone and he talks all about their policy and how when I purchased I agreed to their policy (which I didn’t because it wasn’t disclosed over the phone) he at that point told me that even though he “checked the tracking” before, my headers didn’t actually make it on that shipment to the thermal coaters. Branden told me they would like to get everything resolved and that I should have the headers delivered to me by Christmas. Christmas comes and goes and on (1/10/2018) I call Maryland Speed again for an update. The Maryland Speed rep emails me the same day (1/10/2018) saying she would see what was going on with Quality Control at the thermal coater and would update me when she knew more.

(1/18/2018) I email Maryland Speed because of course there had been no update. I asked them to send me the tracking numbers from Kooks to their site and from their site to the coaters. I also informed them that it had been 5 months since my initial order and that at this time I would be filing a dispute with my credit card company. Branden emails me (1/19/2018) Asking to speak with me over the weekend to resolve the issue and I agree to speak with him. Weekend comes and goes without a call. On (1/23/2018) I speak with Branden over the phone and he tells me not to file the dispute and that it would only complicate the order. He gives me this story about how I would be committing fraud if I filed and that I was being vindictive by filing the dispute. He said he would win the dispute and that I wouldn’t get my money back or the headers until June. At this point in the conversation Branden was extremely aggressive and rude. He tried to offer me a set of Kooks stepped headers that were on the shelf for the same price. I declined this offer saying that I didn’t want to do further business with him and I was going to continue with the dispute. Branden continued with more insults and I ended the phone call.

This was my experience with Maryland Speed and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. I tried to give Maryland Speed as many opportunities as I could to alleviate my concerns as a customer, to no relief. I’m currently waiting for the dispute to finalize with my credit card company. I hope anyone looking to do business with Maryland Speed does their research and this email can give some perspective.

Doc

Doc: I am so sorry that you have to take such a loss though I am very happy that you took the time to make a very detailed statement regarding the entire episode. Usually the company has some sort of excuse justifying their lack of actions, lets see how they can cover their six on this one!

Several months ago I went to their online site and was about to make a fairly pricey order when I decided to slow down and do a tad of research before I threw my credit card out there. I thank God that I checked them out on this Forum and then also found complaints on the BBB site.

In fifty years of car collecting and building I have NEVER seen one single company have SO much negative dealings. I honestly can't believe they are still in business, do they actually have a store front where people can actually go to purchase parts?

Anyways, I pray every Forum member reads your detailed experience and DOES not do any business with *@#% hole! This has to be the place Trump was trying to describe!

Tags
marylandspeed headers dispute