#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2019, 11:23 AM   #897
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
I'm not referring to acting like a dumb teenager thinking you're invicible or God's gift to driving.

I'm more referring to understanding the likely outcomes of pushing the envelope w/ carrying speed/ throttle, etc, and how you deal with those possiblilites should they occur.

For example, If I carry more throttle through this corner... there is a good likelihood the car will either understeer or oversteer, I have the confidence in my ability to manage either situation should it arise.
I know what you are saying and agree.
The confidence of youth comes easy as it's gained through ignorance.
The confidence of an experienced driver is much harder to earn as the laws of physics are better understood.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:28 AM   #898
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
The key is not being "ready for whatever may happen" but rather fully understanding what "will happen" based on an (unconscious) ability to feel what the car is doing at all times.
The difference here is monumental re consistent fast laps and safety. That's what Provoste's vid demonstrates so well.
much better phrased. Same intentions here
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #899
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
much better phrased. Same intentions here
Super
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #900
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Chasing a Corvette Grand Sport this weekend at COTA and set a new PB lap time 2:36.75 in my stock 2018 SS 1LE. This was the 3rd session of the day and I had finally got the hot tire pressures dialed in so felt the car was hooked up. Afterwards the Grand Sport driver came over and we had a good talk. He paid about $25K more for his Vette than the 1LE cost. My driving still has room for improvement (always) so there is more time to be had. For comparison the big lap battle event last weekend had a SS 1LE that did a 2:34.1 in street class. Don't know what mods it had if any.

Last edited by carguy55; 02-26-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: fixed the 2:34.1 time
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #901
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Chasing a Corvette Grand Sport this weekend at COTA and set a new PB lap time 2:36.75 in my stock 2018 SS 1LE. This was the 3rd session of the day and I had finally got the hot tire pressures dialed in so felt the car was hooked up. Afterwards the Grand Sport driver came over and we had a good talk. He paid about $25K more for his Vette than the 1LE cost. My driving still has room for improvement (always) so there is more time to be had. For comparison the big lap battle event last weekend had a SS 1LE that did a 1:34.1 in street class. Don't know what mods it had if any.
Was this with MVP Track Time? Excellent time! I think you meant 2:34 for the other guy. �� Speaking of the time, it looks like the PDR was picking up the lap time from the short course instead of the Grand Prix start/finish.
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #902
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DRN71 View Post
Was this with MVP Track Time? Excellent time! I think you meant 2:34 for the other guy. �� Speaking of the time, it looks like the PDR was picking up the lap time from the short course instead of the Grand Prix start/finish.
I'm guessing the Grand Sport had 5 mph faster long straight speed over your 1LE and that you were able to stay with him, is pointing to the awesomeness of the 1LE. It's hard to know the driver skill of the GS driver. There were times when I thought you weren't running at 9/10s and most likely deliberately. Great video!

How do you do the rear video recording? I suppose a GoPro and if so, they were pretty well synced. Thanks for sharing.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #903
TrackClub

Thats a blistering fast time! Hope you post it in Fast Laps thread. And ya, you need to select a big track next time

Where did you pick up the audio from? The car sounds different to me.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #904
carguy55

This was at the MVP Track time event at Cota. Lots of very fast very expensive cars in attendance. As my friend Mark would say, you're still doing too much coasting! The audio is coming from the rear GoPro with a mic on the rear license plate. I left both in-car and external audio channels on for a change. Videos were combined using Race Render software which is super easy to use. Going back for more laps in the next 3 months with Edge Addicts, Chin and NASA.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #905
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
This was at the MVP Track time event at Cota. Lots of very fast very expensive cars in attendance. As my friend Mark would say, you're still doing too much coasting! The audio is coming from the rear GoPro with a mic on the rear license plate. I left both in-car and external audio channels on for a change. Videos were combined using Race Render software which is super easy to use. Going back for more laps in the next 3 months with Edge Addicts, Chin and NASA.
Awesome! I’ll be at NCM with MVP Track Time in April.

P.S. You ARE doing too much coasting. ;-)
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #906
TrackClub

Quote:
Neat idea re sound - thx for sharing - it sounded awesome!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #907
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Quote:
Chasing a Corvette Grand Sport this weekend at COTA and set a new PB lap time 2:36.75 in my stock 2018 SS 1LE. This was the 3rd session of the day and I had finally got the hot tire pressures dialed in so felt the car was hooked up. Afterwards the Grand Sport driver came over and we had a good talk. He paid about $25K more for his Vette than the 1LE cost. My driving still has room for improvement (always) so there is more time to be had. For comparison the big lap battle event last weekend had a SS 1LE that did a 2:34.1 in street class. Don't know what mods it had if any.
Thanks for that video! I really need to get down there for a track day soon!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #908
TrackClub

This really is an incredible lap given that modded ZL1s with 1LE aero and tires havent broken 35s there.
Or maybe it is a nut behind the wheel
Do post it in fastest laps sticky!!!

PS as far as "coasting"...listen to Randy's record laps that nobody has been able to touch thus far...
Old 02-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #909
carguy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
This really is an incredible lap given that modded ZL1s with 1LE aero and tires havent broken 35s there.
Or maybe it is a nut behind the wheel
Do post it in fastest laps sticky!!!

PS as far as "coasting"...listen to Randy's record laps that nobody has been able to touch thus far...
Actually have a buddy with a ZL1 A10 and he did a 2:25 with ZLE tires and aero. A modified ZLE at Super lap battle did a 2:18
Old 02-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #910
TrackClub

Quote:
Actually have a buddy with a ZL1 A10 and he did a 2:25 with ZLE tires and aero. A modified ZLE at Super lap battle did a 2:18
Yep i got the times completely mixed up. Blaming my old age and take my comment back lol