Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/23399516

Guys I need some help. I really wanna upgrade my front brakes and I'm thinking about these but idk anything about them so I had some questions. So if you can't then let me know please

1. Are these brembo brakes?
2. If I were to install these what else would I need for them to work and perform on my car. Or is this all I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you read next to the part number, it just says "FRONT PADS"... meaning it's the part number for brake pads. If the pads are that much calipers are def gonna be more...

if you are serious about upgrading to brembos... simply look in the members classifieds and buy someone's take off brembo 4 piston brakes with lines. They go about 400. All you need to buy.

Even if you did buy a caliper from gm at the pice shown on the link you listed (mind you that price x 2, since you need two calipers)..., you still need the pads, the rotors, and the brake lines. Maybe the dust shields if you are frugal about exactness.

Most listing in the members classified are selling all you need for around 400-450.

No brainer, make it easy on yaself.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #16
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
If you read next to the part number, it just says "FRONT PADS"... meaning it's the part number for brake pads. If the pads are that much calipers are def gonna be more...

if you are serious about upgrading to brembos... simply look in the members classifieds and buy someone's take off brembo 4 piston brakes with lines. They go about 400. All you need to buy.

Even if you did buy a caliper from gm at the pice shown on the link you listed (mind you that price x 2, since you need two calipers)..., you still need the pads, the rotors, and the brake lines. Maybe the dust shields if you are frugal about exactness.

Most listing in the members classified are selling all you need for around 400-450.

No brainer, make it easy on yaself.

Thanks man that does help A lot. I did see someone's listing and they're willing to sell me these brembos. It comes with the calipers, brake line and bolts. What do you think about these? He claims he took them off at 400 miles do you think that's true? I feel like they're too used up to be only used for 400 miles. I was thinking about getting them then buying my own pads and rotors. Do you think it's a good idea? He lives near me also

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480983

Old 01-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #17
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Thanks man that does help A lot. I did see someone's listing and they're willing to sell me these brembos. It comes with the calipers, brake line and bolts. What do you think about these? He claims he took them off at 400 miles do you think that's true? I feel like they're too used up to be only used for 400 miles. I was thinking about getting them then buying my own pads and rotors. Do you think it's a good idea? He lives near me also

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480983

Looks clean to me. The sticker is still on em and it doesn't have any discoloration. Alot of guys and gals took them off low miles cause the upgraded to the 6 piston ones. Pretty common.

If I weren't buying wilwoodS and we're gonna get the 4 piston ones, I'd get these. Yall are both close by. Went to high school in Alexandria va.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 PM   #18
AlphaCamaro7

Quote:
Looks clean to me. The sticker is still on em and it doesn't have any discoloration. Alot of guys and gals took them off low miles cause the upgraded to the 6 piston ones. Pretty common.

If I weren't buying wilwoodS and we're gonna get the 4 piston ones, I'd get these. Yall are both close by. Went to high school in Alexandria va.

Thanks bro will do. Just had some questions. He said it comes wth the mount and brake lines but I still would need the pad pins. Where can I get them?

Old 01-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #19
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
I plan on going Slotted rotors only not drilled. Drilled can cause a crack in the rotor during hard track use.
Unsure of which brand ill be going with, as long as the fit the 4pot brembo! I upgraded those from the stock brakes.

I might also end up just doing the 6pot brembo brake kit. Still somewhat undecided
Old 01-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #20
AlphaCamaro7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
Unsure of which brand ill be going with, as long as the fit the 4pot brembo! I upgraded those from the stock brakes.

I might also end up just doing the 6pot brembo brake kit. Still somewhat undecided

You already have the 4pot brakes on your car?

Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #21
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
lol. This guy is a trip. Thank you Polynesian for saying what I have been telling him for two days. Cant beat the price anywhere and they are super easy to put on. Don't think about it just buy them and be happy!
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #22
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Thanks bro will do. Just had some questions. He said it comes wth the mount and brake lines but I still would need the pad pins. Where can I get them?

pad pins you should be able to get from any local dealer, but i'd check out cultrag parts, that gm parts guy, or some forum vendors. from his ad though...the pad pins are in there, along with the anti rattle clip.

but if you need to order em for whatever reason, above is the order i'd go for it.

just ordered a rear 3rd brake light from Cultrag, and it took like 2-3 days direct from GM in lansing Michigan, drop shipped.

local dealers MAY have it.

also looking at the ad you put up, I didn't see rotors or pads. the rotors are bigger on the SS, and the pads will be difference than what you have I'm almost 100% sure...

make sure you factor in those too if they aren't offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
lol. This guy is a trip. Thank you Polynesian for saying what I have been telling him for two days. Cant beat the price anywhere and they are super easy to put on. Don't think about it just buy them and be happy!
no worries, uce! were all here to help each other!

Old 01-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #23
AlphaCamaro7

Quote:
pad pins you should be able to get from any local dealer, but i'd check out cultrag parts, that gm parts guy, or some forum vendors.

just ordered a rear 3rd brake light from em, and it took like 2-3 days direct from GM in lansing Michigan, drop shipped.

local dealers may have it.

also looking at the ad you put up, I didn't see rotors or calipers. the rotors are bigger on the SS, and the pads will be difference than what you have I'm almost 100% sure...

make sure you factor in those too if they aren't offered

Pads I know I have to get them but lethal aka Matt was telling me the rotors can work fine with the ss brakes

Old 01-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #24
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Pads I know I have to get them but lethal aka Matt was telling me the rotors can work fine with the ss brakes

the LT brembo brakes rotors are 12.6. the SS brake rotors are 13.6 inches. these are the rotor diameters. theres an inch difference, or 1/2 inch per radius (middle of the rotor to the edge.)

my two sources on that:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...16&postcount=1

and brembo themselves

http://www.brembo.com/en/ComunicatiS...01%20final.pdf

measure your rotor. if its somehow already 13.6 inches across the whole thing, then you wont need new rotors.

if its 12.6 inches then you will...else when you pads wear, there will be about 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch of a lip that the pads never touch. don't ask me how I know about that with my old charger upgrading from the SXT V6 brakes to the R/T v8 brakes

we live and we learn...

also, when you buy the upgrade kit for the V6 from GM

Quote:
BRAKE WITH CONFIDENCE
BREMBOŽ PERFORMANCE FRONT BRAKE PACKAGE
(FOUR-PISTON CALIPERS)

P/N 23245470 (2016 Camaro LT with 2.0L Turbo or 3.6L V6) /
MSRP: $2000†

The Chevrolet Performance front brake system features BremboŽ four-piston aluminum calipers with performance brake pads and 13.6” x 1.2” (345mm x 30mm) vented and slotted Duralife rotors the same size as the Camaro SS! The Duralife rotors feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration. The kit is a direct replacement for the original front brakes and includes low-expansion front brake hoses, all necessary hardware and installation instructions. It is available for Gen-6 Camaro models equipped with the 2.0L Turbo or 3.6L V6 engines.
now I could be wrong, but I know with rotor sizes, if you use SS brake calipers, you prob need SS sized rotors.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #25
AlphaCamaro7

Quote:
the LT brembo brakes rotors are 12.6. the SS brake rotors are 13.6 inches. these are the rotor diameters. theres an inch difference, or 1/2 inch per radius (middle of the rotor to the edge.)

my two sources on that:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...16&postcount=1

and brembo themselves

http://www.brembo.com/en/ComunicatiS...01%20final.pdf

measure your rotor. if its somehow already 13.6 inches across the whole thing, then you wont need new rotors.

if its 12.6 inches then you will...else when you pads wear, there will be about 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch of a lip that the pads never touch. don't ask me how I know about that with my old charger upgrading from the SXT V6 brakes to the R/T v8 brakes

we live and we learn...

also, when you buy the upgrade kit for the V6 from GM

now I could be wrong, but I know with rotor sizes, if you use SS brake calipers, you prob need SS sized rotors.

I just confirmed with Lethal and he said he has a friend that is running ss brembo stock calipers with the LT rotors. And has no problems. So idk I might just think about going some aftermarket slotted/drilled ones that are 13.6"

Old 02-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #26
AlphaCamaro7

Guys is there a how to installing the brake lines and bleeding the brakes?
AlphaCamaro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #27
Arctic_turbo
Colossus_2.0

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 LTG turbocharged
Sup guys , so I think I jumped the gun on this one... I recently purchased the front 6 piston brembos oem with rotors for my 2017 2.0 Camaro and then decided to do the same to rear, now after reading the post noticed that the rears won't work is that true ???
Arctic_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #28
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_turbo View Post
Sup guys , so I think I jumped the gun on this one... I recently purchased the front 6 piston brembos oem with rotors for my 2017 2.0 Camaro and then decided to do the same to rear, now after reading the post noticed that the rears won't work is that true ???
Yep, LS/LT models have different e-brakes than the SS, which makes the brembo brakes incompatible - without extensive modifications you're stuck with the base rear brakes, sorry :(
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote