Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #43
Leighb17

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE - Midnight Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_ View Post
I am now. I had it installed about 2 months ago and at first it was eye-opening to say the least! Now that I have had it awhile I love it. It does drone a bit around 80 mph in 6th gear, but that's all, not nearly as bad as previous flowmaster systems I have owned.
I heard his setup in person and it really does sound amazing!! Subscribed and added to my wishlist
Leighb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #44
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
I am now. I had it installed about 2 months ago and at first it was eye-opening to say the least! Now that I have had it awhile I love it. It does drone a bit around 80 mph in 6th gear, but that's all, not nearly as bad as previous flowmaster systems I have owned.
Awesome. You can always convert it to a Touring Edition to deploy 180 Technology to combat the drone if needed
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #45
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
i will be.

im dropping the car off tonight to the shop and should see her back by Saturday morning. getting everything put on at once.

i'll post videos and reviews shortly after.

my main concern is driving drone under regular cruising speeds.
I am confident 180 Technology will do its job.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #46
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Awesome. You can always convert it to a Touring Edition to deploy 180 Technology to combat the drone if needed

Hah!! Nothin personal, Josh, but you guys got enough of my cash already
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #47
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Hah!! Nothin personal, Josh, but you guys got enough of my cash already
None taken, just informin'
Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #48
Hazardousmutant

Drives: 2018 Camaro
Quote:
How to: determine whether to go resonated or non-resonated Touring Edition.

Non-resonated: if you're looking for the perfect, drone-free soundtrack that's aggressive when you want it and civil when you need it, and you're running factory headers, this is your dose of steel. How is it with PLPs and factory headers? PLPs simply increase the volume if your lookin' for more.

Resonated: if you're expecting to apply aftermarket headers, resonated may be your route to take if you are wanting to soften the edge of the enhancements up stream. Worried about performance impacts by running resonated? Don't. They're straight-through and do not hinder flow.

Intending on keeping the stock headers and catalysts for the foreseeable future, but may change to LTHs later in life? No worries, we have conversion kits available for those wanting to switch from non-resonated to resonated, or vice versa in the event you want to pipe up even further.

More interested in equipping the Track Edition over the Touring Edition because raw and rowdy are your speed? That's cool, too. You can apply everything above to the Track Edition. Why? Because the Touring and Track Editions sound identical from the outside of the vehicle. The magic happens within the cabin -- Touring Edition = no drone. Track Edition = driver may be subject to drone.

Questions? I'm here
So i recently bought the track edition non- resonated with secondary cat delete and it does drone quite a bit. Do you suggest getting the touring conversion with out resonators or with resonator to eliminate drone?
Hazardousmutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #49
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningyarados View Post
So i recently bought the track edition non- resonated with secondary cat delete and it does drone quite a bit. Do you suggest getting the touring conversion with out resonators or with resonator to eliminate drone?
The 180 Technology rears will kill the drone you're experiencing. Whether to run resonated or non-resonated is really up to your volume preferences. Non-res will certainly be more aggressive with the PLPs in place. I myself would run resonated with the PLPs, but I am a fan of smooth refined tones.

All in all, converting to Touring would definitely help the interior activity. Maybe try non-res first, and then determine whether resonators are desired.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #50
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Josh - do you guys just sell the mid pipe? if so how much?

i got axle back exhaust and headers with x pipe .. dummy me forgot the mid pipe lol
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #51
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Josh - do you guys just sell the mid pipe? if so how much?

i got axle back exhaust and headers with x pipe .. dummy me forgot the mid pipe lol
Negative. Axlebacks to work with the factory mid, full catbacks, and link pipes.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:43 PM   #52
cmeJATT

Thanks
Old 02-21-2019, 11:57 PM   #53
Hazardousmutant

Drives: 2018 Camaro
Quote:
The 180 Technology rears will kill the drone you're experiencing. Whether to run resonated or non-resonated is really up to your volume preferences. Non-res will certainly be more aggressive with the PLPs in place. I myself would run resonated with the PLPs, but I am a fan of smooth refined tones.

All in all, converting to Touring would definitely help the interior activity. Maybe try non-res first, and then determine whether resonators are desired.
Thank you! I will go ahead and give that a try. Just to confirm this is the part/ part number i need to convert over to touring? AWE Track-to-Touring Edition Conversion Kit - Quad Outlet - for Gen6 Camaro SS / ZL1
(SKU: 3815-31006)
Hazardousmutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #54
cmeJATT

Josh- it’s freakin amazing!!!!

I had to come in this thread and chime in..

So initially I thought I was fu**ed cause running catless and no resonators. I was regretting my decision before I even installed everything. I picked up the car last night and holy shit! I was so amazed by AWE exhaust!!! 60mph 0 drone!! My gf drove next to me couldn’t even hear the car ..I stepped on it slightly and let’s just say it woke up the dead �� but it’s insane how quiet it gets . Granted if I go over 2k rpm then holy hell! But overall very pleased with my exhaust!! Amazing guys!

I’ll post videos soon
Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #55
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningyarados View Post
Thank you! I will go ahead and give that a try. Just to confirm this is the part/ part number i need to convert over to touring? AWE Track-to-Touring Edition Conversion Kit - Quad Outlet - for Gen6 Camaro SS / ZL1
(SKU: 3815-31006)
Yep, you got it
Old 02-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #56
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Josh- it’s freakin amazing!!!!

I had to come in this thread and chime in..

So initially I thought I was fu**ed cause running catless and no resonators. I was regretting my decision before I even installed everything. I picked up the car last night and holy shit! I was so amazed by AWE exhaust!!! 60mph 0 drone!! My gf drove next to me couldn’t even hear the car ..I stepped on it slightly and let’s just say it woke up the dead �� but it’s insane how quiet it gets . Granted if I go over 2k rpm then holy hell! But overall very pleased with my exhaust!! Amazing guys!

I’ll post videos soon
Glad you're happy, my man!