Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I'd get it to a good bodyshop...I'd offer my services but you're a little far away. I can say that'll be more expensive of a fix than you'd think, depending on how much massaging, body alignment and re-spray it needs.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #16
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
where did you purchase the quick jack from? I heard it hooks up just fine with having lift points from zl1addons that true?
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537577

Check the last few posts, they are on sale right now from the mfg'er.

I think the thread will have more info, I believe they should work well with the jack points and one rubber block between the jack points and the lift.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #17
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all kind words and advice!

Picture as promised

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #18
angryBits

One more question!

Are the Camaro SS and ZL1 fenders the same?

Was thinking about this. Website says it doesn't fit -- probably true :(

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
Old 10-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #19
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
[QUOTE=angryBits;10347273]One more question!

I thought I read here somewhere that the shape is the same, however the mounting tabs aren’t the same. Think the ZL1 fenders have longer tabs for the wider body. Sorry to hear about and see your poor baby.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #20
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
ZL1 and SS fenders are NOT the same.... Wider on the Zl1.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #21
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
where did you purchase the quick jack from? I heard it hooks up just fine with having lift points from zl1addons that true?
I bought it directly from their site. $1450 shipped.

I haven’t used it yet so I can’t comment on the zl1 addon lift points working with the quick jack or not. I know for s fact they will work with those metal pinch weld adapters that have magnets. You can get them from amazon for like $11 a piece.

Quick jack was delivered on Monday and I had to leave town till today. I plan on setting it up over the weekend and using it on my Hellcat next week to do an oil and differential fluid change. My Camaro is at the body shop getting repaired.

Here’s a pic of the damage.

I’ve looked on YouTube and I’m yet to find anyone that has anything bad to say about their quick jack.
Attached Images

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #22
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
One more question!

That won’t work. I looked at that option a few weeks ago as well. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t make it for the Zl1!

Honestly dude, the damage is not that bad. I know once you take body panels off it might be a little worse underneath. Like mounting tabs bent or twisted out of shape (as I think I’m going to have with my fender). But that’s easy to fix. I would get a new bumper, fender and headlight, paint and call it a day.

My OCD wouldn’t allow me to get the small dent on the bottom of my door fixed, I would be staring at that part of the car every time I got near it. So I bought a new door.

I’m keeping the old door and fender and eventually will have some PDR done to it. I’ll keep those as spares if the PDR comes out good.

If you’re not as anal, get body work done on the fender and replace all the other parts.

Start looking right now for a fender, that eBay link might be your best bet. Be cautious though, Im sure you’ve been around enough to know that eBay could be very sketchy.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 10-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #23
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
That won’t work. I looked at that option a few weeks ago as well. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t make it for the Zl1!

Honestly dude, the damage is not that bad. I know once you take body panels off it might be a little worse underneath. Like mounting tabs bent or twisted out of shape (as I think I’m going to have with my fender). But that’s easy to fix. I would get a new bumper, fender and headlight, paint and call it a day.

My OCD wouldn’t allow me to get the small dent on the bottom of my door fixed, I would be staring at that part of the car every time I got near it. So I bought a new door.

I’m keeping the old door and fender and eventually will have some PDR done to it. I’ll keep those as spares if the PDR comes out good.

If you’re not as anal, get body work done on the fender and replace all the other parts.

Start looking right now for a fender, that eBay link might be your best bet. Be cautious though, Im sure you’ve been around enough to know that eBay could be very sketchy.
Thanks thats good advice. I think my OCD is like yours, however, I'm also impatient about these sort of things so if there is a long wait list on the fender I might just have them try to repair it.

Sorry to see your car is looking a bit under the weather as well :(

Old 10-26-2018, 10:14 PM   #24
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
quick jack on sale at costco, 1099 delivered.

Sucks about the ZLE. :(
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:44 AM   #25
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Thanks thats good advice. I think my OCD is like yours, however, I'm also impatient about these sort of things so if there is a long wait list on the fender I might just have them try to repair it.

Sorry to see your car is looking a bit under the weather as well :(
Impatience is a companion of OCD (at least for me). My mishap occurred on a Friday afternoon Friday night I had the door and the rocker molding orders from GM parts direct and Monday morning first thing I was on the phone with the dealership in Long Island, which was the only place that had the fender.

I hear you on the impatience part !!!! Winter is around the corner for us here in nj so I have very little time to get it done and prep the car to put away for the winter before the snow hits. At least you don’t have to worry about that.

Keep your head up dude. If I find a fender I’ll let you know.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I will have trufiber make the fenders they already made the 1le splitter in CF I know Andersons does to but its good to have competition and other sources.. In fact I dropped of all these parts..

1le splitter
1le dive plane
1le bezels
1le side skirts
a bunch of interior parts
radiator cover and coil covers

I may test fit the splitter this weekend.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #27
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I will have trufiber make the fenders they already made the 1le splitter in CF I know Andersons does to but its good to have competition and other sources.. In fact I dropped of all these parts..

1le splitter
1le dive plane
1le bezels
1le side skirts
a bunch of interior parts
radiator cover and coil covers

I may test fit the splitter this weekend.
They use your parts as the mold?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #28
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I bought it directly from their site. $1450 shipped.

I haven’t used it yet so I can’t comment on the zl1 addon lift points working with the quick jack or not. I know for s fact they will work with those metal pinch weld adapters that have magnets. You can get them from amazon for like $11 a piece.

Quick jack was delivered on Monday and I had to leave town till today. I plan on setting it up over the weekend and using it on my Hellcat next week to do an oil and differential fluid change. My Camaro is at the body shop getting repaired.

Here’s a pic of the damage.

I’ve looked on YouTube and I’m yet to find anyone that has anything bad to say about their quick jack.
Please explain how this happened, I don't want to make the same mistake. This really sucks! Good Luck with the repair. Thx.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote