Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2023, 10:08 PM   #15
ChibbMD

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Yep, I did exactly what was described above. Called all over the country on In Transit SS 1LE models. Ultimately found one in Kansas City, MO that wasn't spoken for already. They were willing to take a deposit and give me dibs on the car but they wanted $3,500 over MSRP. That just goes against my morals. Lol. Ultimately, I passed and bought a 2022 model with 2,300mi on it. I couldn't be happier. Needless to say, I think you can track down a new one if you're willing to put in some time.
ChibbMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:06 PM   #16
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
I'd look also to the ramains of 2023 mustangs. Witht he '24 coming you will probably get a better shot at a GT and manual if you want.

I ended up buying the A10 LT1 but I seriously considered a mustang GT base. What killed the deal was there wasn't that much cheaper, less torque, and the screen in the base mustang still has the dial pad. It was ok in 15' but now it's too much...
Manual camaros are a challenge. If you want auto you will most likely find a good deal.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #17
13brv3

Drives: 2024 1SS Coupe
V8 and manual transmission are must-haves for me. That rules out a lot of cars that are available.

So if you found a car that was 1000 miles away, are most dealers open to shipping it? I'm sure that adds to the price, and you wouldn't get to see the car until it shows up. I've been limiting my searches to 500 miles.

I hate to say it, but I do like the 2024 Mustang GT on paper. I noticed they get stuck with $1000 gas guzzler tax while the Camaro V8 doesn't. I don't drive enough miles to care much about the mileage. It's more about fun for me.
13brv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:58 AM   #18
BLACK3R

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
I looked in to shipping my new Camaro 700+ miles from TN to FL and received quotes of $800-$1400. Decided to take a couple days off, rent a car ($250) and drive up with the wife. Dropped off rental in Chattanooga and was able to drive some sweet roads in east TN and west NC on the way back to FL. Champion Chevy had no issues working with shipper and there would have been no extra fees from them but decided to take a mini-vacation and pick up myself. I paid MSRP plus a dealer fee of $799.
BLACK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:16 AM   #19
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Honestly if you're dead set on a Camaro 1SS 6MT you should expand your search to nationwide. Good luck
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:53 AM   #20
13brv3

Thanks for all the comments. I'll just keep looking, and maybe take a look at the Mustang GT just in case.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:43 AM   #21
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
I did a nationwide search of the Camaro Inventory for my 2SS. I filtered the list down to about 100 cars and then to the 3 best choices - and found exactly what I wanted at a dealer 33 miles away!
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:50 AM   #22
13brv3

One thing that might help my search is removing the sunroof from my must-have list. I love the transparent top, though I'd never actually open it. I had clear tops for all the Corvettes, and never once drove one with the top off.

I'm somewhat concerned about the loss of headroom, since that's often an issue. I'm also not sure how open the sunroof will really seem since it's not the whole top like the Corvette was. The closest sunroof that's actually in stock is in the Atlanta area, and I might go take a look at that tomorrow to answer the question. Of course the sunroof was a feature I was counting as an advantage over the Mustang, which has no option for a sunroof.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:24 PM   #23
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
One thing that might help my search is removing the sunroof from my must-have list. I love the transparent top, though I'd never actually open it. I had clear tops for all the Corvettes, and never once drove one with the top off.

I'm somewhat concerned about the loss of headroom, since that's often an issue. I'm also not sure how open the sunroof will really seem since it's not the whole top like the Corvette was. The closest sunroof that's actually in stock is in the Atlanta area, and I might go take a look at that tomorrow to answer the question. Of course the sunroof was a feature I was counting as an advantage over the Mustang, which has no option for a sunroof.
I second the “no sunroof” option, lol.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:29 PM   #24
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Search for a dealer with an allocation, express your concerns about actually having the order accepted, and offer $500 deposit at that time. Say you’ll do another $500 when/if it’s accepted. If you get an accepted order, they will ultimately build it.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:23 PM   #25
nikerret

Drives: 2014 Ford F-350
I got interested in Camaro late in the game. More accurately, my budget and Camaro cessation lined up poorly. I’ve “put a deposit” on the red 2SS 1LE listed by gearhead. I hope I get it, but it looks like it’s going to be a while. If you find one that checks enough boxes, I recommend you do what you can to get it. I’m pretty nervous. I doubt I’ll sleep well until it gets in my garage.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:29 PM   #26
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I got interested in Camaro late in the game. More accurately, my budget and Camaro cessation lined up poorly. I’ve “put a deposit” on the red 2SS 1LE listed by gearhead. I hope I get it, but it looks like it’s going to be a while. If you find one that checks enough boxes, I recommend you do what you can to get it. I’m pretty nervous. I doubt I’ll sleep well until it gets in my garage.
I did just that. Have a '24 at 3000 but unsure when/if it will arrive. Made a move on a '23 that is my exact build. Should have it in a couple weeks.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:27 AM   #27
Z06ZLE

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
Thanks for the comments. It's good to see that I'm not the only one not getting a reply from a dealer. Usually you have to take out a restraining order to get the dealers to STOP contacting you :-)

I've done extensive searches for 2023 and 2024 cars, including hitting a large number of dealers websites in addition to what the Chevy Inventory search shows. There's literally only one car in 500 miles that shows up, and that's the dealer who won't talk to me. I have a few must haves, but I could accept a few options I didn't specifically want. I guess my tastes are too boring for most dealer stock orders.

I'll keep looking, and if I don't find what I want, I'll just consider it fate.

Rusty
This is a healthy perspective. I had - and still have - an order in for a ZLE since 1/14/22 (!!). But reading the tea leaves, I knew the window for getting any V8 was closing fast. I was lucky enough to snatch up a new 2023 ZL1 with everything I wanted - black color, hardtop coupe, manual trans - from a local dealership *the day* it arrived. If by some miracle my ZLE order gets picked up, amazing. But if it doesn’t, I still have a ZL1 and will rest easy knowing a brand new ZLE was never in the cards for me to begin with.
2014 Mustang GT
2012 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Z06
2008 Corvette Z06
2007 Yamaha R6

Daily: 2015 BMW i3
Z06ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 06:26 PM   #28
13brv3

I found a fairly large dealer on the northwest corner of Atlanta, and drove down to take a look at a car they have in stock with the sunroof. While they didn't have a non sunroof car to compare directly with, I can believe there's some headroom loss. I don't really plan to track the car, but I think I'd have a problem with helmet space if I did. The other issue was whether there was enough clear top effect to be worth all the downsides, and the answer to that is no. The Sunroof is officially off my must-have list, but if I find a car with it, that's fine too.

The dealer said they get allocations, and they don't require any deposit or commitment to order. As it turns out, they do have a car in-transit that's essentially what I would have ordered. They said it was ordered for someone, but that person hasn't followed up with them so they think it will be available. They will call when it arrives in a few weeks to months. That's the good news.

The bad news is that they add their own special package of additional dealer profit to every car, and there are no exceptions. For only $3000 you get the finest in paint, glass, and interior protection, as well as some brake software that makes your brake lights flash. What a steal :-) Naturally, they also add $700 for doc fees "because all dealers do that". So, MSRP plus $3700 in dealer fees. I'd like to think I won't consider doing that.

If nothing else, I learned a couple things. Dealers special order cars are not necessarily shown on the inventory. That means it's worth contacting larger dealers directly to see what they may have ordered that isn't listed. Knowing that I don't have to have the sunroof opens up a lot more options. My inventory search for 500 miles goes from 1 car, to 7 cars. Of course it also puts the Mustang GT a little more in the running since the sunroof was one of the main things I had against it.

Search continues.

Rusty