Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-22-2023, 06:18 PM   #15
nikerret

Drives: 2014 Ford F-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Drive that beautiful car home and you will be a 1/3 of the way into your break in period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Drive it! Easy way to get some of those break-in miles out of the way. Just change the oil after you get home and you're golden. If you're not sure if your local dealer stocks 0W-40, I suggest getting some from us while you're here. We keep it in stock but a lot of dealers don't.
Planning to drive it. My ten year old and my mother and I are going to make the trip down. I’m looking forward to bringing it home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK3R View Post
I live in N FL and bought my 1LE in E TN last August. Rented car here and drove up there to pick it up. Ripped thru the mountains of E TN and W NC in August. Back home here in FL, the roads are just too straight and flat for this car. The best 700 miles were the first 700 miles....
Through north Texas, Oklahoma, and most of Kansas won’t be the most scenic trip, but it will be better than eastern New Mexico.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:20 PM   #16
nikerret

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
Beautiful spec, I see those massive copper free brakes too
This car is about the best spec a guy could ask for or want. I would have preferred one of the blue exteriors, but the red is quite sharp.

I think the massive brakes are my favorite part. Like trash can lids.
Old 09-29-2023, 07:08 PM   #17
TurtleSS

Drives: 24 Camaro 2ss 1le M6 Riptide
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
Well, it’s in….

Working through some details tomorrow.

Next big question is to drive it or trailer it the nearly 500 miles home.
Did you end up driving it? How was the drive I’ll be doing 700 from Ky to NJ with a 2ss 1le I just found looking for some tips
10/5/23 order still at 1100
TurtleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #18
nikerret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleSS View Post
Did you end up driving it? How was the drive I’ll be doing 700 from Ky to NJ with a 2ss 1le I just found looking for some tips
Yes, my ten year old and my mother made the normally 6.5 hour trip a 7.5 hour with some stops (had to show the boy a Bucees).

The dealership experience was great, but we spent a bit more time than originally planned.

Picked it up with 8 miles on it and took it to a fairly secluded road to burnish the brakes before the trip back. The “burnish the brakes” turned into a20+ mile ride of various RPM’s and a lot of smiles. Tried really hard to not get over 4,000 RPM’s.

We then went back to the dealer so my mom could pick up the other vehicle. Sh3 followed us to a food stop where we let the car cool and had a late lunch. We then took two lane roads the first 100 miles back; lots of speed up slow down for break-in.

We then stopped again, for a break, before hitting the Interstate.

While on the Interstate, I didn’t go more than a few miles without shifting. Varied speeds from 60-85 MPH in gears 4-6 most of the time.

We then stopped for another extended break to let the car cool and have dinner.

After dinner, we finished the run. I still did a lot of shifting and various speeds.

Got home many hours after leaving the dealership with around 500 miles on it.

Took it out the next day to clean it up and drive it.

On Thursday morning, I got the first oil change with 585 miles on, at my local dealership. Kid was good and let me look at the bottom while it was on the lift. After the oil change, I puttered around town to warm it up and took it to redline fir the first time at around 597 miles. Then drive a few miles home.

Overall, loving it.
1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate