Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-19-2023, 08:04 PM   #1
7Merlin

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Convertible
Accept delivery without dealer installed options?

Hi, my factory order was finally built and arrived at the dealer. But the dealer informed me that none of the delear installed options parts have been delivered yet.

This is my first time. Is this a common situation? Should I take delivery and pay for the car in full (most likely paying cash) and then wait until they get the parts and install them some time later? What kind of "proof" I can get they'll do all that and do it right? It's all verbal commitment. Or it's based on window sticker (which includes all this) and manufacturer warranty/service agreement?
7Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
They can write a piece of paper that says "OWED" and you can claim that later.

But knowing dealers, they will not honor that if they don't want, and no lawyer would get involved in something like that. Other than BBB and reviews online you don't have much leverage.

I would try to get the car withouth paying the dealer installed options, none of them. Even if you finance the car, don't finance that part and pay later cash or credit.
I would also call GM corporate and ask them. My car had missing rear floor mats, asked GM and they said they were not written in the build sheet, but they found the front ones, which I have. Those small little details piss you off, 50k car and no rear mats, how cheap can you be...

The question is, can they sell the car to someone else if you don't pick it up? I guess they can.

PS: Don't let this dumb thing ruin your new camero experience, be cold, do what you have to do and wait. If pieces never show up, you didn't pay for them, if they show up, try to install them yourself.
Kamero6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:57 PM   #3
Shawn2SS1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I would close the deal now while you know what the rebates are, ie summer drive cash.
Shawn2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #4
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
what type of dealer installed options are we talking about?

Also - they should be able to provide you with a "We owe you" and you can just get them when they arrive. Unless your dealership is super shady (which then I would question why even use them to begin with), they will honor the items owed.
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:17 PM   #5
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
They can write a piece of paper that says "OWED" and you can claim that later.

But knowing dealers, they will not honor that if they don't want, and no lawyer would get involved in something like that. Other than BBB and reviews online you don't have much leverage.

I would try to get the car withouth paying the dealer installed options, none of them. Even if you finance the car, don't finance that part and pay later cash or credit.
I would also call GM corporate and ask them. My car had missing rear floor mats, asked GM and they said they were not written in the build sheet, but they found the front ones, which I have. Those small little details piss you off, 50k car and no rear mats, how cheap can you be...

The question is, can they sell the car to someone else if you don't pick it up? I guess they can.

PS: Don't let this dumb thing ruin your new camero experience, be cold, do what you have to do and wait. If pieces never show up, you didn't pay for them, if they show up, try to install them yourself.

This, I believe that it's called a Due Bill.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:37 PM   #6
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Make sure you have the dealer or the parts dept. check to see that the dealer-installed parts are still available. Some of those parts have run out, even at the aftermarket GM parts suppliers.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
In all my car deals I've not had dealer options that I can think of but there was always some separate document the dealer created that listed things, if any, that they owed me, and no one promised me anything that wasn't listed, etc etc
I wouldn't leave without a similar document.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 07:30 PM   #8
7Merlin

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll request a doc.

For anyone interseted, the LPO options I got:
- Black Wheel Lug Nuts and Locks Package (PCL)
- Alloy sport pedals (JF5)
- Front and rear body-color splash guards (VRV)
- Illuminated footwells (S0O)
- 6.2L Strut tower brace in Black (SCG)
- Windscreen air deflector (VLN)

All these are worth their money to me (around $2.5k)
Old 07-20-2023, 08:33 PM   #9
Camaroguy67

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Merlin View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll request a doc.

For anyone interseted, the LPO options I got:
- Black Wheel Lug Nuts and Locks Package (PCL)
- Alloy sport pedals (JF5)
- Front and rear body-color splash guards (VRV)
- Illuminated footwells (S0O)
- 6.2L Strut tower brace in Black (SCG)
- Windscreen air deflector (VLN)

All these are worth their money to me (around $2.5k)
I had dealer installed options that were not with the car. I took possession of the car instead of leaving it sit on their lot. Took about 3 weeks to show up and they were installed no problem. It's fairly common not to ship them with the car.
Camaroguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:05 PM   #10
7Merlin

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one, definitely less anxiety : ). Or is this excitement? I don't know. Taking delivery tomorrow
Old 09-21-2023, 12:20 AM   #11
7Merlin

Wrapping this up.

Finally all options were installed this week. One of the parts (wheel locks) showed order date 8/17, about month after I picked up the car lol.

One insteresting thing that Alloy sport pedals (JF5) were already installed from the factory even if it said it's a dearler installed part.

Also interesting that the car came with the strut tower brace stock. I found out these are standard on convertibles. It was gray/metallic color with no markings. The LPO one is a bit nicer, in black and says "Performance". The dealer didn't give me the old one : (.

Another interesting tidbit that I've found out by reading the wheel locks manual: they need to be re-torqued after 25 miles. The dealer didn't tell me this : (.