#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #43
ElCaminoGuy

Drives: Saab 9-2X
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
When you consider a Focus RS will beat this V6 1LE in Every metric for the same or about the same cost..AND the Focus has usable rear seats, much cargo space, and is awd.. Then consider it does it with 2 less cylinders (albeit with two more turbos) then; one can't disagree with the sentiments of Car and Driver's take. I am bewildered as to why the 1LE (V6 & V8) versions don't come with turbos, even with moderate turbo boost..that should place them in a realm of the covetest.. beyond any doubts.
Just one turbo on the Focus...carry on.

Ryan
ElCaminoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #44
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
When you consider a Focus RS will beat this V6 1LE in Every metric for the same or about the same cost..AND the Focus has usable rear seats, much cargo space, and is awd.. Then consider it does it with 2 less cylinders (albeit with two more turbos) then; one can't disagree with the sentiments of Car and Driver's take. I am bewildered as to why the 1LE (V6 & V8) versions don't come with turbos, even with moderate turbo boost..that should place them in a realm of the covetest.. beyond any doubts.
Because maybe not everyone wants the complexity of turbochargers and prefer the linear build of power NA gives you?

I loved the N54 that was in my dads E90, but for a long term car I do prefer the simpler construction of naturally aspirated. Less things to go wrong.

Manufactures are only going forced induction because of fuel economy mandates and the test loops keep them out of boost. And I heavily dislike the growing mindset people are getting that a car could be better if it was forced inducted. A car/engine can be amazing even if it is still naturally aspirated.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #45
COmaro

Drives: Many
To those who scoff at the price, CO is full of STis, Golf Rs, Evos, S3s, and every other $35K-$45K AWD hot ricer. You hardly ever see a Camaro that isn't a rental. Younger buyers who can only have one car, and need to daily drive, skip over RWD cars. Focus ST, GTI and WRX are the budget options.

Many Ford dealers are raping RS buyers for ADM, especially in snowy climes. Here in CO they all have ADM, you can't even find one to look at, let alone test drive.

GM has been missing the boat for decades on this market. Good on Ford for cashing in.

The early ones have a lot of issues, one of which is terrible gas mileage, as in 25mpg on the highway and 20 in town, Premium required.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #46
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhThugga View Post
Yeah, Ford bumped their heads with the RS pricing. Of course, they'll point to the pitiful sales and then say, "See? That's why we never brought it over! We knew it wouldn't sell!"

When the damn thing's the same price as a GT Premium sitting next to it....
Eh the RS is kind of in a unique market. I don't think many would cross shop it with the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger. If it doesn't sell well here at least Ford didn't take a huge risk bringing it here bc IIRC it sells well overseas.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #47
COmaro

Drives: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Eh the RS is kind of in a unique market. I don't think many would cross shop it with the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger. If it doesn't sell well here at least Ford didn't take a huge risk bringing it here bc IIRC it sells well overseas.
It all depends on where you live. If you are somewhere that you can deal with RWD all year, there may not seem like much demand for an RS, but in CO and other mountain states where we have lots of snow, huge mountains, and high altitudes that benefit from a turbo, any AWD turbo car is a hot commodity. I guarantee there will be more Focus RS sold in CO this year than 1LE Camaros. Every Focus RS brought here is pre-sold. The Ford website lists six in the entire Denver metro area, and I guarantee that all have a name on them and a waiting list behind those names. There is no risk to Ford, they could ship all the Focus RS to Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and California, and sell them with no problem. They wouldn't even have to sell them in any other states.

Subaru sells more cars here than all GM makes combined. That's right, you add together all Chevy, Buick, and Cadillac cars, and they don't come anywhere near Subaru. That's sad, especially considering that you can get AWD Buicks and Cadillacs.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #48
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
As an owner of couple STIs and Evox, I was really considering the new Focus RS until very recently ..It is very disappointing the fact that it's not real AWD but instead a front biased / on-demand AWD, non-adjustable camber!!, and that tiny drive shaft ..yikes.. and on top of that dealer markups on those... but hey it has a drift button

Here's a video showing how poorly it's designed, I would simply get a used Evo X if I needed AWD for daily driving

V6 1LE not only matches the Focus RS on C&D VIR lap, it does that with the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires (vs the Michelin CUp 2 tires on the RS as well as the the M2 in that list, it's only 2 seconds behind the M2 that costs a lot more)..Cup 2 tires should have at least 3-4 seconds advantage at VIR for sure, put the same tires on the V6 Camaro and buh-bye RS

similar conversation here:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476450
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:01 PM   #49
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
It all depends on where you live. If you are somewhere that you can deal with RWD all year, there may not seem like much demand for an RS, but in CO and other mountain states where we have lots of snow, huge mountains, and high altitudes that benefit from a turbo, any AWD turbo car is a hot commodity. I guarantee there will be more Focus RS sold in CO this year than 1LE Camaros. Every Focus RS brought here is pre-sold. The Ford website lists six in the entire Denver metro area, and I guarantee that all have a name on them and a waiting list behind those names. There is no risk to Ford, they could ship all the Focus RS to Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and California, and sell them with no problem. They wouldn't even have to sell them in any other states.

Subaru sells more cars here than all GM makes combined. That's right, you add together all Chevy, Buick, and Cadillac cars, and they don't come anywhere near Subaru. That's sad, especially considering that you can get AWD Buicks and Cadillacs.
Not really, Subaru's brand is built around symmetrical AWD and traction in adverse conditions. Snowy climes like Colorado are their primary markets.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:00 AM   #50
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
You, and apparently a lot of other people, are missing the point of the V6 1LE. According to GM, the V6 1LE weighs 3490 pounds while the SS weighs 300 pounds more. That is a huge difference. When it comes to actually driving on a track, 300 fewer pounds translates into better handling, less wear on tires and brakes, and with the V6, a lot less gas being used, and it will be regular, not premium. A V6 1LE will be a lot cheaper, and more fun than an SS on the track. Track days are not about raw times, they are about safely learning your limits and having fun without going broke.

I'm sorry that magazine writers who drive 500+HP cars all day long think a car that does 13 second 1/4 miles is only "adequate". I'd like to take them back to the glory days of muscle cars and go head to head in a V6 Camaro against 90% of what were considered to be scary-fast muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. They might be surprised to find out the that vast majority of legendary muscle cars couldn't get into the 13's unless they were dropped off a cliff, even with proper slicks. They weren't that fast, just really loud and fun. I was there. Not only were the cars not that fast, the really scary thing about them was trying to stop them or go around a corner.

These are the golden years of sports cars, ladies and gentlemen. Take advantage while you can.

BTW, anyone who sees a deal on a 1LS/1LE with Recaros, PM me.
Agree 100% Going to add some of these goodies to my Gen 6 V6
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #51
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
...aaaaaand the Focus RS debate is over. More expensive car within a 10th of a second on a long course. (margin of error) Win V6 1LE
The V-6 for me would win because of sound, turbo I-4 engines are not known for being the best sounding cars out there. Combine that with the V-6 Camaro sounding pretty good, if I were to drive on the local twisty roads I think I would enjoy the 1LE Camaro more.

Now if I was considering the daily use of the cars then the hatch just has the sport coupe beat in that regard. I guess it comes down to ones own needs and desires (also brand loyalty) on what someone would get.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #52
TEKSCamaro

Drives: 2016 1LT Manual.
yea i would have loved to get a SS but the deal i got on the V6 was too got to pass off. I got it while they had the 20% red tag sale and we still able to get them to come down more due to my trade in and other things I noticed. so getting a brand new V6 1LT for $23K with financing and lowering my monthly payment I cant really justify getting the $38k V8
TEKSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote