#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #29
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
When you consider a Focus RS will beat this V6 1LE in Every metric for the same or about the same cost..AND the Focus has usable rear seats, much cargo space, and is awd.. Then consider it does it with 2 less cylinders (albeit with two more turbos) then; one can't disagree with the sentiments of Car and Driver's take. I am bewildered as to why the 1LE (V6 & V8) versions don't come with turbos, even with moderate turbo boost..that should place them in a realm of the covetest.. beyond any doubts.
Never thought about that but you are right.. Focus RS will beat the V61LE on straights and corners and possibly every performance metric. But it also has an advantage of 66 trq and 15 HP.

But I think the regular V6 will do a pretty good job as well which is 10-15k cheaper than a RS.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-5
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #30
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
When you consider a Focus RS will beat this V6 1LE in Every metric for the same or about the same cost..AND the Focus has usable rear seats, much cargo space, and is awd.. Then consider it does it with 2 less cylinders (albeit with two more turbos) then; one can't disagree with the sentiments of Car and Driver's take. I am bewildered as to why the 1LE (V6 & V8) versions don't come with turbos, even with moderate turbo boost..that should place them in a realm of the covetest.. beyond any doubts.
The RS starts at $36,995. C'mon man. Thats SS territory and if we're comparing cars in similar price categories the SS destroys the focus. I'm no fanboy of any one brand but lets stay in the realm of reality here. The Focus RS is definitely a bad ass little hot hatch. It surely beats a V6 1LE but it's not at all the same price point. And a 1SS killer it is not.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #31
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
I agree it is a Focus..but the RS is being compared to the M of old in terms of driving feel. Yes, they are expensive for this price grade, all the more reason why usability and value matters. I just think the marginal extra cost of the RS is worth the awd, usable rear seats, and extra cargo space and versatility of a hatchback. Americans have traditionally shunned hatchbacks..but that trend is changing..if it has not already.

Yeah, I applaud the Mustang's graduation to IRS but it just can't ball in terms of performance these days.

I'd like to buy American for my next car, and my eyes are on watch for the C8 if it will indeed be mid-engined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Except that the Focus actually costs $4,000 more than a V6 1LE, which already pricey for this segment...it's a Focus....FWD....boosted....a Focus....and a "hot hatch design" vs a sporty coupe.

I would be willing to bet that the V6 1LE is going to feel more fun around a track than the Focus RS. And that is the point of the V6 1LE...to be great around a track.

In all seriousness, I think they'll appeal to a different kind of buyer. The Focus RS is what a "fun" car looks like in Europe...they're going to try and see how it does here in the States. Regardless of which is better...I think it's hilarious that both of them are faster than a Mustang GT.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I agree it is a Focus..but the RS is being compared to the M of old in terms of driving feel. Yes, they are expensive for this price grade, all the more reason why usability and value matters. I just think the marginal extra cost of the RS is worth the awd, usable rear seats, and extra cargo space and versatility of a hatchback. Americans have traditionally shunned hatchbacks..but that trend is changing..if it has not already.

Yeah, I applaud the Mustang's graduation to IRS but it just can't ball in terms of performance these days.

I'd like to buy American for my next car, and my eyes are on watch for the C8 if it will indeed be mid-engined.
I hope it does well.

It sounds petty...but personally, I can't stomach the look. And I can't give up proper RWD.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #33
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I hope it does well.

It sounds petty...but personally, I can't stomach the look. And I can't give up proper RWD.
LOL....I actually think it looks cool. You can't deny how well AWD does on a track either. It's almost magical. BUT....V8 roar......drool

I'd sure love to test one on a track day.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #34
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
The RS starts at $36,995. C'mon man. Thats SS territory and if we're comparing cars in similar price categories the SS destroys the focus. I'm no fanboy of any one brand but lets stay in the realm of reality here. The Focus RS is definitely a bad ass little hot hatch. It surely beats a V6 1LE but it's not at all the same price point. And a 1SS killer it is not.
Damn, that little thing cost that much?! No thanks! Looks like a fun lil car to beat around in tho.. but no way will I spend that much for the fun or snow factor!

Guess I didn't read the price on the link lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #35
Thor142

Just optioned a Focus RS the way I would want it. Didn't really add much. $41,770. LOL, come on....
Old 12-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #36
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #37
MuhThugga
Poppycock

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Just optioned a Focus RS the way I would want it. Didn't really add much. $41,770. LOL, come on....
Yeah, Ford bumped their heads with the RS pricing. Of course, they'll point to the pitiful sales and then say, "See? That's why we never brought it over! We knew it wouldn't sell!"

When the damn thing's the same price as a GT Premium sitting next to it....
MuhThugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #38
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
...aaaaaand the Focus RS debate is over. More expensive car within a 10th of a second on a long course. (margin of error) Win V6 1LE
Old 12-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #39
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Notice that the Camaro 1LE in this chart is the V8, not the V6.
Notice also that the Ford Focus RS is right on its tail (3seconds is significant tho) being only 1 car behind the Cayman R. Much props must be given to both the Camaro SS 1LE and Focus RS. For me, the lack of visibility and practicality (no usable rear seats, and limited truck space) of the Camaro make me (if I were in need of a daily) choose the Ford Focus RS all day.
Both 1LEs are on the list the V-6 1LE is 1/10 of a second behind the RS.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #40
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Notice that the Camaro 1LE in the above chart is the V8, not the V6.
Notice also that the Ford Focus RS is right on its tail (3seconds is significant tho) being only 1 car behind the Cayman R.
Note that although not on the chart, the regular 16 SS 1LE would probably not beat the Ford Focus RS..since the SS 1LE probably has greater than 3seconds on the regular SS otherwise it wouldn't justify its existance. (and this has yet to be demonstrated).

Still, Much props must be given to both the Camaro SS 1LE, Focus RS, and SS. For me, just the lack of visibility and practicality (no usable rear seats, and limited truck space) of any Camaro make me (if I were in need of a daily in this price bracket) choose the Ford Focus RS all day.
The Focus was 9 seconds behind the V8 1LE
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #41
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
Ohh.... well, I stand corrected.
And, I'd bet the RS is behind the regular 1SS by about 3-4 seconds.

I have to say, the SS V8 makes me look at the Camaro rear seats and say... thats plenny room.

Quote:
The Focus was 9 seconds behind the V8 1LE

Last edited by juzefzoozoo; 12-09-2016 at 01:14 PM.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Just as fast with "just" RWD, less power...and it looks better (IMO)...gets better fuel economy...and costs less. Way to go Chevy.