Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #113
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Atleast you started with 1LE with basicly a ZL1 DRIVEtrain...The bang for buck posters here dont have any idea how iffy this car gets with FI and / or N2O
Agreed, I blew out the diff @10 pounds of boost and then went to a third clutch when the Centerforce DYAD gave up the ghost after 1600 miles. My advice is to stay away from CF. Then went to a Street Slayer twin carbon. The last one indestructable. After the diff exploded I went with the ZL1 boat anchor diff, axles, and driveshaft. Also indestructable. Also 10 pounds would pull the the whole diff carriage sideways and the car would not track straight once the boost came on. A full set of solid bushings and BMR Trailing arms cured that. But with those bushings came gear whine and more noise. And then worse things happened.

The ZL1 came ready for 600 to the wheels out of the box.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-17-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 PM   #114
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I am curious for the those that have done both FI and DA at what HP/TQ they started experience drive train issues. I am leaning towards the non intercooled maggie kit that at 5psi has 100hp gains. Seems mellow enough not to have problems but curious from those that have done it before. Not the best bang for the buck but 100 hp for $5k isn't bad.
steelheadrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #115
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadrob View Post
I am curious for the those that have done both FI and DA at what HP/TQ they started experience drive train issues. I am leaning towards the non intercooled maggie kit that at 5psi has 100hp gains. Seems mellow enough not to have problems but curious from those that have done it before. Not the best bang for the buck but 100 hp for $5k isn't bad.
That might be a good choice. But you are adding weight and a heat soaker for not that much payback. But if you can live with that HP and the drawbacks it sounds reasonable to me. It's when you start going bigger it gets ugly. I started my turbos at 4 lbs. Then moved to 6, then 10 (around 625rwhp) where the trouble started and was thinking 14 right before I ended up with a ZL1.

Turbos are much easier on a car than a PD blower.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #116
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I would think it depends on auto vs M6, what is the stickiest tire you want to run.
An auto with 220 wear summer performance tires of 305 cross section, I'd think you are reasonable. The LSD probably would be the first to go. It won't fall out of the car but it won't work either.

M6 and OO wear drag radials. I'd blow something up one day.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #117
shoalsgary

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
If I install an E85 tune, can I still run E10?
shoalsgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #118
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoalsgary View Post
If I install an E85 tune, can I still run E10?
Yes, and any combination of the 2. The flex fuel sensor determines the amount of "E" running through it and tells the computer how to adjust timing and fuel mixture accordingly.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote