Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 05-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #57
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Apples and oranges.

The difference is that a car is intended to transport people and a gun is intended to kill people or animals.

So the argument comparing guns and cars makes no sense. It is indeed an argument fallacy.

No one has said "Let's ban cars, blah blah blah." That's the Straw Man.

Last edited by KirkH; 05-26-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #58
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Apples and oranges.

The difference is that a car is intended to transport people and a gun is intended to kill people or animals.

So the argument comparing guns and cars makes no sense. It is indeed an argument fallacy.

"a gun is intended to kill people or animals"

Oh Lord.

Mods. Time to close this thread.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #59
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I rarely see SS Camaro's or vettes. I have never street raced and have no desire. I enjoy running thru the twisty hill country, safely I might add. Tickets are no fun.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #60
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Want to be involved ? Ok your involved.
Your statement is truly ignorant you have no idea about me but the statement I made is 100% accurate. It was an example given related to people’s comments directly in this thread that the car is the problem not the person my gun analogy is perfect because it’s topical and factual and probably doesn’t agree with your thinking so you’re mad at me and at the statement I made you attack the person that makes the truthful statement not the truthful statement ? Stay on point stay on the subject don’t drop down to personal attacks and you will be a much more well rounded person.the fact that you attacked me and not my statement tells me everything I need to know about you.
Says the guy who derailed the thread by diving into politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
"a gun is intended to kill people or animals"

Oh Lord.

Mods. Time to close this thread.
Yes. That is the purpose of guns.

My first car was a Honda Civic. Had I owned a SS Camaro I would have probably killed myself. My parents were responsible enough to know this. Everyone wants to trust their kids and believe they are always going to make the right decisions. The bottom line is teens shouldn’t own fast cars. And parents who buy them these cars just enable them to make poor decisions.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #61
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
Really? So all the guns I own must kill someone. Damn, I really need to watch myself around them.

The statement relating bad drivers to the gun debate is spot on. Its not the tool but the person using it. And yes, guns are tools and as such can be used for many other things than killing someone. Anyway.....
Old 05-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #62
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
Tragic.

A mustang does it again....
yeah, because the car always makes the choices..

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
Old 05-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #63
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Responsibility test.
In law schools they have scenarios to test your mind to see how you think. There’s an absolute correct answer to this but let’s see how you think.

Person A parks his high-performance car outside of a mall with a loaded gun inside. The keys are in the ignition with the car turned off. the gun is loaded and in the glove compartment.

Person B steals said car uses the gun to commit robbery and homicide then takes the police on a car chase, gets in a high-speed crash and kills another person.

Who’s at fault ?

The gun
The car
The car owner
The car thief
The police
The parents
The society
All of the above
Old 05-27-2018, 01:02 PM   #64
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Guns also serve as a deterrent therefore saving lives. Peace through strength.

Quote:
My first car was a Honda Civic. Had I owned a SS Camaro I would have probably killed myself.
Mustangs have a tendency to snap oversteer as seen in numerous cars and coffee videos. Had you owned a Mustang and drove it foolishly you would have killed yourself.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 05-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #65
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I don't know about all this political BS here. It just seems like that these kids were "having fun" and in the blind energy of youth weren't thinking about the dangers or consequences of their actions.

My thoughts go out to all the families. It's tragic on all sides. These kids were probably good kids, with big hopes and dreams for the future. They made a bad mistake with heavy consequences.

The best outcome is that the story will reach out to people and others will stop for a flash to think about what might happen when they are thinking about hitting that go pedal and reconsider.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #66
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Really? So all the guns I own must kill someone. Damn, I really need to watch myself around them.

The statement relating bad drivers to the gun debate is spot on. Its not the tool but the person using it. And yes, guns are tools and as such can be used for many other things than killing someone. Anyway.....
Why were guns created? For shooting animals and shooting each other. They didn’t develop guns because they thought you might enjoy shooting targets in 2018. You can make smart comments towards his point all you want but he’s right and you’re wrong.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #67
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This thread isnt about politics or guns. Its about a young mother and child loosing their life do to someone's bad decision to race on the street. THAT'S IT PERIOD!! If I wanted to read this crap, I would go to facebook.

Last edited by motorhead; 05-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #68
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Responsibility test.
In law schools they have scenarios to test your mind to see how you think. There’s an absolute correct answer to this but let’s see how you think.

Person A parks his high-performance car outside of a mall with a loaded gun inside. The keys are in the ignition with the car turned off. the gun is loaded and in the glove compartment.

Person B steals said car uses the gun to commit robbery and homicide then takes the police on a car chase, gets in a high-speed crash and kills another person.

Who’s at fault ?

The gun
The car
The car owner
The car thief
The police
The parents
The society
All of the above
The car thief
Old 05-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #69
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Who’s at fault ?
Whomever the plaintiff's lawyer can convince the jury, that's who.

Sincerely,
Better call Saul
Old 05-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #70
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This thread isnt about politics or guns. Its about a young mother and child loosing their life do to someone's bad decision to race on the street. THAT'S IT PERIOD!! If I wanted to read this crap, I would go to facebook.
+1

These idiots who choose to race on the street and endanger everyone's life also don't realize that a lot of us have dashcams
Closed Thread