Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #169
Nitro66215

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert - M6,SIM,CFW,NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
I’m just going to leave these here while I finish some things up on the vert, I will update this post shortly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2018 2SS Vert - Hot Wheels - Indy 500 #30

2017 ZL1 Vert - M6 , SIM, CFW, NAV

2017 RS 1LT 2.0T Vert - A8, Garnet Red - SOLD :-(
Added - IO6 - NAV, UHS - Enhanced Display, K4C - Wireless Charger, UV6 -
Heads-Up Display - DIY

2011 CTS-V - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2013 ZL1 - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2010 2SS - Indy 500 Pace Car. - SOLD. :-(
2002 Z28 - Pewter / Black - SOLD. :-(
Nitro66215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #170
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Dont know if its been said, but if you have a radio screen, you will need a new one to play the PDR file on, there not the same, PDR screen has extra input.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #171
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Dont know if its been said, but if you have a radio screen, you will need a new one to play the PDR file on, there not the same, PDR screen has extra input.
stated a while back. also, you need to have an IO6 radio, although Chris white performance said he could reprogram the IO5, so if you do not have factory navigation you will need to change out or re-program the radio.

the bad news is that some of these parts are on parts restriction - the radio is one of these parts.

Good news is mbnwa say that the windshield does not need to be changed out and the camera misses the black dots inside the layers of the windshield glass.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:17 PM   #172
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
You need the new screen in order to even use the PDR, not just for playback. the screen switches to the 2nd port when you trigger the PDR application.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:19 PM   #173
mbnwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
stated a while back. also, you need to have an IO6 radio, although Chris white performance said he could reprogram the IO5, so if you do not have factory navigation you will need to change out or re-program the radio.

the bad news is that some of these parts are on parts restriction - the radio is one of these parts.

Good news is mbnwa say that the windshield does not need to be changed out and the camera misses the black dots inside the layers of the windshield glass.
You will also need to load the calibration from a PDR enabled car on you're A11 Radio module or have Chris White / Gen5DIY perform that action for you. Even with the PDR icon on the screen from the HMI update is not enough, the A11 module needs to know how to trigger the switch to the PDR and that requires loading the calibration.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
Old 05-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #174
mbnwa

Quote:
I’m just going to leave these here while I finish some things up on the vert, I will update this post shortly....

Video link (Audio removed but audio did record) Camera is at its upper mounting location at 8-11 seconds I show the black dots at the end of the video.

PDR Sample Video

SD Card Reader is installed in the glovebox upper right most corner, wrapped the cable with felt so it would not rattle. In this position it allows you to drop the glovebox and service the cabin air filter with out the SD card reader connections being in the way
Attached Images

Last edited by mbnwa; 05-25-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:37 AM   #175
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
Video link (Audio removed but audio did record) Camera is at its upper mounting location at 8-11 seconds I show the black dots at the end of the video.

PDR Sample Video

SD Card Reader is installed in the glovebox upper right most corner, wrapped the cable with felt so it would not rattle. In this position it allows you to drop the glovebox and service the cabin air filter with out the SD card reader connections being in the way

you didn't need to replaced the windshield correct?
Old 05-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #176
mbnwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block8head View Post

you didn't need to replaced the windshield correct?
You don't need to replace the windshield in order for the PDR to work it clears the little dots just fine, I was looking at replacing the windshield however the coupe PDR windshield does not seem to fit the convertible at least according to a local shop.

If someone could source both ends of the connectors used for the HMI, A11 Radio and K73 module they could create a plug and play passthrough harness as everything can be spliced into those connections heck you can even take power from that area as well and be fully contained without having to do any real major dash work or cutting of your wires for an easy back to stock option.

In addition you would also need your HMI AND A11 Radio flashed for the PDR + all the supporting parts including the replacement screen with the 2nd USB port.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:12 PM   #177
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Also if your car did not have factory navigation you will need to either flash the radio with software from the donor car and lose your XM radio or switch to an I06 radio (from factory nav car) and re-program. a reprorammed I05 radio does not even show the XM as a source or option. it must be programmed differently.
Attached Images

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock

Last edited by nighttowl; 05-27-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #178
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
Also if your car did not have factory navigation you will need to either flash the radio with software from the donor car and lose your XM radio or switch to an I06 radio (from factory nav car) and re-program. a reprorammed I05 radio does not even show the XM as a source or option. it must be programmed differently.
My car does have Factory Nav and i believe it's I06 Radio. All i need is just reprogram it correct?
So you have yours working now?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #179
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
My car does have Factory Nav and i believe it's I06 Radio. All i need is just reprogram it correct?
MDI unit to reprogram the radio came in on Friday still waiting on the io6 radio which should come in this week. Mine is completed all ready I put the SD card where the factory did. I will update the thread possibly tomorrow with a wiring diagram and locations, based on where we wired up the PDR connections. The schematics reposted aren't right, it appears that the PDR schematic in the online manuals is recycled from other vehicles. Luckily the connections on the connector schematics is correct.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #180
mbnwa

Quote:

You would need to reprogram your HMI and A11/I06 radio module. Odds are your car is I06 if it has nav, if you want to PM me your VIN I can send you all your RPO codes for your car.

You will also need the screen with the 2nd USB port as even though mine came with I06 the 2nd port was not installed.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #181
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Almost all of the connections could happen under the dash in the passenger footwell. One wire must go to the driver's footwell. And then you have the SD card which you can put wherever you want in the camera obviously goes to the windshield.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 05-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #182
mbnwa

PDR Component part numbers and install

Quote:
Almost all of the connections could happen under the dash in the passenger footwell. One wire must go to the driver's footwell. And then you have the SD card which you can put wherever you want in the camera obviously goes to the windshield.

If your talking about the green/grey wire going to the splice connector on the driver side footwell that can in fact go to pin 1 on X1 K73 on the passenger side next to the HMI that’s what I did vs connecting it to the splice block.

I updated post 151 with where I connected my PDR