Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #15
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Sorry for your problems, I know it sucks......I would be livid!!!!
I was skeptical about the free oils changes, picked a dealership that used a four post lift.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:34 PM   #16
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I had the same issue where I picked it up in the rain and noticed the rockers bent the next morning. I took it back and spoke to my service rep and the manger and they offered to repair the damage (with mine, it was just sheet metal and the bottom plastic rocker piece). It took them a month, because they send it out to another dealer for body work and the first time it didn't meet my expectations... the next time it was back to perfect. The down side was it took them about 3-4 weeks to put my car back to original. I obviously didn't have the type of damage that you are experiencing, but today when I walk into the dealer, I get the red rug treatment as well as my daughter and wife. In my opinion, my working with them ended up working out to my advantage down the road where they bend over backwards for anything that I need now. Good luck with your resolution!
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #17
Rocketsled

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Black A8 NPP Nav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwon View Post
I had the same issue where I picked it up in the rain and noticed the rockers bent the next morning. I took it back and spoke to my service rep and the manger and they offered to repair the damage (with mine, it was just sheet metal and the bottom plastic rocker piece). It took them a month, because they send it out to another dealer for body work and the first time it didn't meet my expectations... the next time it was back to perfect. The down side was it took them about 3-4 weeks to put my car back to original. I obviously didn't have the type of damage that you are experiencing, but today when I walk into the dealer, I get the red rug treatment as well as my daughter and wife. In my opinion, my working with them ended up working out to my advantage down the road where they bend over backwards for anything that I need now. Good luck with your resolution!
Thanks, I appreciate it!! They must have dropped it pretty hard because it's all out of whack, the doors/fenders don't line up, the hood dips below the front lip on one side and is above the lip on the other side. Honestly, there is no way to tell what really happened unless they have video they're willing to share.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #18
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Sorry for your problems, I know it sucks......I would be livid!!!!
I was skeptical about the free oils changes, picked a dealership that used a four post lift.
Thanks!! I'm skeptical about everything anymore...lol.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #19
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
I assumed all gm dealers used 4 post lifts for oil changes on Corvettes and Camaros I know the two I've went to do! That's what they said they do also when I asked them.
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #20
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Rocketsled- Do you notice a difference in the gap where the bottom of the A-pillar meets the fender? Just wondering.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #21
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
I can hardly believe this... Wow, I really feel for you, OP!

How could this happen? Don't they lift almost every car they work on, day after day, every day? They have to have the proper equipment and know-how. It's not hard.

And it's inexcusable that they give it back without mentioning it. I don't even know what to say. I couldn't be more fussier about mine and if something like that happened, I can't imagine how I would feel about it. Sorry I can't add anything else other than to say good luck with the outcome.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #22
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwon View Post
This is the best method for recourse, unfortunately, if you get into a pissing match with the dealer, especially after they agreed to fix it, it could take much longer before you reach any kind of satisfaction and it will probably end up exactly where it started...they will fix your car. Yeah, this kind of stuff really sucks, but it does happen. Play nice with the dealer, get your car fixed and if you're not happy, then maybe they will be easier to work with on a trade-in. Good Luck.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #23
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Rocketsled- Do you notice a difference in the gap where the bottom of the A-pillar meets the fender? Just wondering.
Yes there is a difference in the gap there. On the drivers side it's about 1/8 inch, on the passenger side it's about 1/4 inch. The horizontal gap widens toward the fender on the drivers side from 1/8 to 1/4 inch starting from the a-pillar.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #24
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I can hardly believe this... Wow, I really feel for you, OP!

How could this happen? Don't they lift almost every car they work on, day after day, every day? They have to have the proper equipment and know-how. It's not hard.

And it's inexcusable that they give it back without mentioning it. I don't even know what to say. I couldn't be more fussier about mine and if something like that happened, I can't imagine how I would feel about it. Sorry I can't add anything else other than to say good luck with the outcome.
Thanks!! Yeah, them not telling me to begin with is equivalent to a hit and run on the streets...lol.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:30 AM   #25
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop View Post
I assumed all gm dealers used 4 post lifts for oil changes on Corvettes and Camaros I know the two I've went to do! That's what they said they do also when I asked them.
That very well maybe the case but you need to make sure that the one used.
They will use whichever is free, otherwise you wouldn't have this damage from a simple oil change.

I can see a quick jack coming soon for my garage.........
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #26
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
The four posts lifts are usually in place for the hourly lube techs because it's easier for them to drive on/off of and the likelihood of damage is "lessened". Stated earlier "don't they lift cars day after day, every day?" Yes, techs do, but what if the lube techs hoists were occupied and they had to move to a normal rack? Or if the tech/lube tech is new to the business or even the brand, maybe first day? Possible even an experienced tech can make a mistake or lift pads can shift while hoisting vehicle. No matter the cause, still sucks that it happened and for what ever reason it wasnt brought to your attention before picking the car up. As far as service managers, you would be surprised how distant some can keep themselves from what is going on during the day. Also, they may not have been there that day. Day off? Had to attend court for a incident that happened with another customer, maybe out of town for training or a conference. Give em the opportunity to make it right
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #27
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
The four posts lifts are usually in place for the hourly lube techs because it's easier for them to drive on/off of and the likelihood of damage is "lessened". Stated earlier "don't they lift cars day after day, every day?" Yes, techs do, but what if the lube techs hoists were occupied and they had to move to a normal rack? Or if the tech/lube tech is new to the business or even the brand, maybe first day? Possible even an experienced tech can make a mistake or lift pads can shift while hoisting vehicle. No matter the cause, still sucks that it happened and for what ever reason it wasnt brought to your attention before picking the car up. As far as service managers, you would be surprised how distant some can keep themselves from what is going on during the day. Also, they may not have been there that day. Day off? Had to attend court for a incident that happened with another customer, maybe out of town for training or a conference. Give em the opportunity to make it right
I'll give them the opportunity to make it right but I am not going to accept anything but a new car. They can fix it and sell it to mitigate their cost however they see fit but I'm not paying 5 years for a bent up car. Looking closer at the estimate, there are parts that are bent that can't even be replaced. The floorboard is bent, the shift cradle is bent, the steering wheel housing is not symmetrical anymore, it's shifted to the left and doesn't sit centered when the steering wheel is straight. The hood and trunk don't even line up. They f'd it up bad, tried to fix it for 2 hours while I waited and then didn't disclose the damage. Justm Mr. J....You car is ready! That'll be $81. Have a nice day. In business, it probably doesn't get much worse than that. I mean like WFT guys and gals?????
Old 05-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #28
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You will need get a lawyer if you want a new car. Because if they offer to fix it correctly, that is the extent of their liability. I would be shocked if they will give you a new car.

Have you asked them already to give you a new car? What was their response?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote