Old 01-27-2018, 12:14 AM   #85
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Thanks for the feedback on A10
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #86
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
Finally had a chance to try out the TB, Tony was spot on, very different pulling out from a stand still. Carburetor like as he put it, enjoyable, not frustrating.

I put 35 miles on it tonight, I was searching for roads in need of repair if you will. I'm 56 and I really don't mind the ride at all, firm as others have said.
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #87
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Glad you enjoyed your ride S.T.A.R.! And your Tony Mamo TB. I’ll get one as soon as I have my build pass Production Control.
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:25 AM   #88
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
This is one mod that just isn't worth it IMHO.

No real gains to be had and risk CEL just doesn't make sense to me.
Wow... looks like I stirred up a hornets nest... Sure glad I didn't give my opinion on catch cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
^ Corporate sabotage. Anyone who says the TM TB doesn't work is blatantly trying to destroy his business and reputation. End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I think his expectations might been a bit too much tbh. There are dozens, if not hundreds of client testimonials including mine w/dyno results showing gains. This isn't a 50 hp mod guys. smh.
I never said it doesn't work... you yourself said it wasn't a 50 hp mod. I'm just saying it's not a 15-20 hp mod either.

The guy that said the 2-4 hp mods all add up made the most sense to me which is what this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo View Post
This is such an inaccurate statement and couldn't be further from the truth. Do I really have to reiterate ALL the gains made available by my ported throttle body design again??

Your worried about throwing a BS code that you can erase with a $20 hand held scanner that are available almost anywhere?? Basically what your saying is your letting the 5% chance you have of dealing with something that simple push you away from a mod this good....this inexpensive that takes a whopping 10 mins to install?!?
I believe you're the only one making claims, not me. And thanks for backing up my comment on CEL. I guess the only thing we disagree on is 15-20 that a customer reported. Heck I'd be happy with 5 and something that looks cool.

And I'm definitely not going to spend my day doing back to back dyno runs for a TB mod, but thanks for the offer. My car and my time is a bit more valuable to me. Most others wouldn't do that either unless other mods and tuning are required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I'm in the same camp.

Even though this video is by a Ford tuner, it does bring up some points about the potential downsides to ported TBs with the stock tune.
Yes, I'm definitely in line with the comments in the video, but I also recognize Tony's rebuttal concerning the LS tables vs Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickh View Post
I just installed one of Tony's throttle bodies and a Roto-Fab cai. One, Tony and Roto-Fab were a pleasure to deal with and did exactly what they said they would, at the quoted price and delivered on time. Two, as everybody has said, the installation is so simple a 12 year old could do it. Three, the parts worked perfectly, the computer adjusted immediately, and yes, there is a significant increase in responsiveness and power.
I am going to Andy at ADM in Lewisville, TX soon to have a lower pulley and tune done.
When the results are in, I'll post the baseline with the two additions and then what happens with the rest. Bottom line, thanks to Tony and Roto-Fab for making this all so easy and effective.
PLEASE ask Andy his opinion. This is pretty much where my comments originate along with personal experience on my last ZL1.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #89
Bx Tpr

Drives: 22 ZLE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADERZL1 View Post
I have been running Tony's TB for a couple of days and this is a huge difference in off idle smoothness. If you have a manual LT4 this is a must have item. No more bog, just smooth clutch engagement. This is a must have item if you have a manual LT4.
I thought there was something seriously wrong with my car lol. Just placed my order.
Bx Tpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #90
S.T.A.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldunic View Post
Glad you enjoyed your ride S.T.A.R.! And your Tony Mamo TB. I’ll get one as soon as I have my build pass Production Control.
You won't be sorry. Still, the question remains though, who at GM signed off on this and gave it a ?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #91
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
You won't be sorry. Still, the question remains though, who at GM signed off on this and gave it a ?
Seems like everyone is forgetting the ZL1 1LE ran a 7:16 (unofficial 7:13) Nurburgring lap with the crappy stock throttle bottle. You're all acting like GM slapped it on the car without one bit of testing.

These anecdotal reports of improved throttle response are all well and good, but I want some hard data besides WOT dyno pulls before I make any change to my engine. Until I see some data logs measuring torque management, spark advance, knock retard relative to throttle position and rpm to back up these claims of improved TB response my TB is staying as is.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #92
Jason Davis

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Is there any tune needed with the extra air flow introduced?
Jason Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #93
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Davis View Post
No
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #94
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Is the only way to order is by phone?
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #95
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Just shoot me an email....I will send you a secure paylink you just click on, fill out and your done.

Its really easy....also this way if you email me you can then share with me what your application is (need to know if its for an LT1 or an LT4 boosted combo etc.)

You can email me at mamomotorsports@yahoo.com

I will email you tracking as well right before I ship

Cheers,
Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #96
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Just shoot me an email....I will send you a secure paylink you just click on and fill out and your done. Its really easy....also this way I know what your application is (need to know if its for an LT1 or an LT4 boosted combo etc.)

You can email me at mamomotorsports@yahoo.com

I will email you tracking as well right before I ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Davis View Post
No.....the MAF handles this situation (measuring the extra air the engine is processing and then the ECU commands the appropriate amount of injector pulse width to compensate and maintain a good A/F ratio).

Guys....alot of questions being asked have already been answered multiple times in this thread and some questions in great detail. If your seriously considering the upgrade (as you should be as this is the best mod per dollar spent your likely to ever come across), invest 20-30 minutes and breeze through this thread.

I know for a fact you will find it very informative and get a much better understanding of why it works and what you can expect to experience regarding gains from the swap. Hell if your really pressed for time just skip to all my posts in the thread and that will be a chunk of information for you to quickly process that will likely answer just about any question yo may have come up with. The more educated you make yourself concerning this the more you will want to own one.

The fact GM installed this TB on this car doesnt mean a thing.....all it means is they were able to meet their performance target with an inexpensive TB that was already in the GM parts pipeline (installed in truck applications generating half the power)....it was cheap....and it was plentiful. There is NOTHING performance related about the shape of this TB in stock trim....the move to run with this TB on the latest crop of performance GM V8's was all bean counter and profit driven.....nothing else

Don't let anyone else tell you any different....if you have even the most basic concept of fluid dynamics and just look at a stock LT1/LT4 TB that statement is driven home all the more....especially when compared to what Im shipping you.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #97
S.T.A.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Seems like everyone is forgetting the ZL1 1LE ran a 7:16 (unofficial 7:13) Nurburgring lap with the crappy stock throttle bottle. You're all acting like GM slapped it on the car without one bit of testing.

These anecdotal reports of improved throttle response are all well and good, but I want some hard data besides WOT dyno pulls before I make any change to my engine. Until I see some data logs measuring torque management, spark advance, knock retard relative to throttle position and rpm to back up these claims of improved TB response my TB is staying as is.
No Hawk, I don't believe anyone has forgotten the Ring time, which has nothing to do with the crappy/generic TB that they installed on a $70k sports car that clearly impedes the M6 versions. How they gave this their blessing is a real head scratcher. They simply should have done better with our cars as well as the $80-$100k ZO6's.

Above you used the word anecdotal, your welcome to wait Hawk, also I have no horse in this race, I just put on 70 miles on the new TB this weekend with plenty of stop and starts. It simply made this flaw much less annoying, not 100%, more in the neighborhood of 90% better. The improvement here on the M6 equipped cars isn't subjective at all, it's fact. To what degree it improves however may be subjective.

Edit: I also had a 30 day money back guarantee Hawk, I couldn't lose...
Old 01-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #98
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
No Hawk, I don't believe anyone has forgotten the Ring time, which has nothing to do with the crappy/generic TB that they installed on a $70k sports car that clearly impedes the M6 versions. How they gave this their blessing is a real head scratcher. They simply should have done better with our cars as well as the $80-$100k ZO6's.

Above you used the word anecdotal, your welcome to wait Hawk, also I have no horse in this race, I just put on 70 miles on the new TB this weekend with plenty of stop and starts. It simply made this flaw much less annoying, not 100%, more in the neighborhood of 90% better. The improvement here on the M6 equipped cars isn't subjective at all, it's fact. To what degree it improves however may be subjective.

Edit: I also had a 30 day money back guarantee Hawk, I couldn't lose...
Well said STAR! Some people on here seem so grouchy ...idk i couldnt be happier with my DREAM car and aftermarket folks like Tony that help make it even dreamier
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote