Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
Perfectfinish

Drives: Chevy camaro
Lightbulb Performance mods

Hi guys
Just picked up a 2019 Camaro ss 1LE looking for some advice on a intake and tune.
Perfectfinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Get the intake for looks, they add next to nothing in terms of performance. Rotofab is a quality intake and looks great. A tune will add maybe 15 to 20 HP, but will essentially void your power train warranty and is not necessary for just an intake. If you are going to tune, wait until you at least add LTs. Consider a ported TB instead of a tune right now. It won’t add much horsepower on the dyno, but it will give you a noticeable improvement in throttle response.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Get the intake for looks, they add next to nothing in terms of performance. Rotofab is a quality intake and looks great. A tune will add maybe 15 to 20 HP, but will essentially void your power train warranty and is not necessary for just an intake. If you are going to tune, wait until you at least add LTs. Consider a ported TB instead of a tune right now. It won’t add much horsepower on the dyno, but it will give you a noticeable improvement in throttle response.

Ported TB and IM First

Rototfab or (green filter and cut the bottom of the box) or (green filter and that new fancy intake duct that sits in the grill)

Last I would look int CA like front cat deletes and move the 02 behind the rear cats. I don't know if this would work on the factory tune but see no reason why it would not work. I would believe on very cold mornings you may get a low cat efficiency engine code (which will clear) due to the distance. Maybe just ceramic coating the factory headers and CA pipes would fix this, as it deals with the light-off time of the primary cat.

As stated, unless you are going FBO and or FBO with E85, I would limit the engine mods.

Lets say for grins, you go ported TB, IM, CA front cat deletes, green filter and the fancy grill intake duct, I would imagine this would (at speed) at least equal the (Rotofab and tune). The former can be put back to stock (cat deletes) the later you will have a flash count problem.

For a period of time I ran stock tune (rear 02 turned off), MSD ported, ported TB, Mishimoto CAI (or green filter and cut box), CA cat deletes and was happy with the overall performance of the setup. It is only when I went to E85 and LT that EFITunning (Tim) provided me a tune. Tim was working on a MAF translator plug-in at the time that would allow user to "tune" the A/F without touching the brain. Tim fell off the face of the planet, but he knew his stuff.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #4
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Start with a Roto-fab intake. It's fun and easy to install yourself and you won't need a tune. Wait till you get a set of long tubes and then get a tune.

Hit us up and we'll make sure you get the best prices on any of it.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote