Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Recommended headers for AWE CAT-BACK EXHAUST?

I'm thinking about getting some headers for my ZLE. I've got the AWE non resonated track edition cat back (still to be installed) and looking for recommendations. What will work best and do I need a tune and/or anything else?
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:53 AM   #2
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed1LE View Post
I'm thinking about getting some headers for my ZLE. I've got the AWE non resonated track edition cat back (still to be installed) and looking for recommendations. What will work best and do I need a tune and/or anything else?
Headers are made to hook up to oem mid pipes. As far as I know any cat-back exhaust has to be slightly modified to fit headers. I have heard different headers in person and really they all sound pretty much the same to me. Only differences are quality of metal/fitment/price. TSP seems to be a more favored set. They are very budget friendly and seem to be pretty good quality It is what I went with. Headers you will need a tune.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:35 AM   #3
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’m going with Dynatech American-made 2” primary stainless headers with their PowerCats to go with my AWE Touring catback. They’re off getting ceramic coated now, if you still haven’t pulled the trigger in the next month or so I can try to get a sound clip for you when my install is done.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
All full length headers will need tuning afterwards.

I have the ARH full system catless headers on my SS 1LE, they are ran into a AWE axleback system. it sounds amazing, but it is loud for sure.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
mspeed1LE

Another question... 2" vs 1 7/8". Pros. Cons.?
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

Old 02-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
mspeed1LE

More questions... Ceramic coating? Yay or Nay? Also, Green Cats a must for forced induction?

Old 02-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #7
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed1LE View Post
More questions... Ceramic coating? Yay or Nay? Also, Green Cats a must for forced induction?
I would definitely go with Ceramic to keep things cool, and green CATs would be good IF going with CATs.
I would say 2" since you do have a SC, but either one will most likely give you a little challenge on installation.

It would also be a very good thing to get some DEI boots for your spark plug wires...they are amazing!

I have the Kooks 1-7/8 and the passenger side gave me a head ache!
However, eventually I got the correct angle and it went right in...not even sure what that angle was...
Old 03-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #8
mspeed1LE

2" Kooks w/green cats and ceramic coating now ordered.

DEI Titanium wire boots as well.

Can't wait to get it all together!