#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2019, 07:33 AM   #57
wnyzl11le

Drives: 2019 zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
And there already have been at least 2 zl1s delivered to canada late in december at some point.
Im thinking they were early production to get advertising out for gm. While the rest of us that have put down deposits and like myself traded in my zl back in september sit and wait.....until late spring....june.. Surely not.
The purpose of them not shipping until spring was solely because of tires i was told over and over.

Almost makes one not want to buy a gm. But im kinda stuck because i aint a gt350 or hellcat fan

I can tell you from experience you don't want the car delivered in the snow/cold. My dealer is still fighting with GM to have the tires replaced. I have bought many cars from them so they are going to make me whole on the deal one way or the other but GM is being a huge PITA.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #58
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnyzl11le View Post
I can tell you from experience you don't want the car delivered in the snow/cold. My dealer is still fighting with GM to have the tires replaced. I have bought many cars from them so they are going to make me whole on the deal one way or the other but GM is being a huge PITA.
Oh 110% wouldn’t want your situation you’ve had to deal with, but also don’t want the car JUST before it has to go into storage.. when I agreed to purchase I was told spring delivery, not July / August.
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #59
Rommel

Drives: 19 zl1
Quote:
You are correct but dont want it now but expect for april
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:43 AM   #60
wnyzl11le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
Oh 110% wouldn’t want your situation you’ve had to deal with, but also don’t want the car JUST before it has to go into storage.. when I agreed to purchase I was told spring delivery, not July / August.
that make sense to me. I know that the cars are made in batches. Keep your fingers crossed that they get your car done in the next couple batches. The one thing i will say about the process was that I ordered the car in dec in the beginning of Jan I was given a build date of 1/28. When I called on the 28th they told me that the car was ready for shipment on the 25th. So what I learned was the codes don't mean much. I would just called every 3-4 weeks and see what it says.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #61
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
that make sense to me. I know that the cars are made in batches. Keep your fingers crossed that they get your car done in the next couple batches. The one thing i will say about the process was that I ordered the car in dec in the beginning of Jan I was given a build date of 1/28. When I called on the 28th they told me that the car was ready for shipment on the 25th. So what I learned was the codes don't mean much. I would just called every 3-4 weeks and see what it says.
Yeah the last I contacted my salesman he told me the car had been “accepted by GM” but not given a build week yet. Really glad I haven’t signed any dotted lines because if it’s July / August they might have a ZLE on their lot
Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #62
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
Quote:
Yeah the last I contacted my salesman he told me the car had been “accepted by GM” but not given a build week yet. Really glad I haven’t signed any dotted lines because if it’s July / August they might have a ZLE on their lot

I’m in the exact same boat, and to make matters worse ford has gt350rs sitting on their lots right now for sale. I don’t want one but it seems silly that Chevy is doing this to their Canadian market when an hour south of the border cars are being delivered weekly.

If it’s later than the end of June I will be passing on this, I’m not going to take delivery of a summer only car at the end of summer.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #63
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
I’m in the exact same boat, and to make matters worse ford has gt350rs sitting on their lots right now for sale. I don’t want one but it seems silly that Chevy is doing this to their Canadian market when an hour south of the border cars are being delivered weekly.

If it’s later than the end of June I will be passing on this, I’m not going to take delivery of a summer only car at the end of summer.
Yeah exactly, why pay for a car that’s going to be sitting in storage under a cover? It’ll be a huge mistake if they do that with these cars, considering the GM drama already around my area with them closing the plant in Oshawa.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #64
wnyzl11le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post

Canada is about 5 mins from my house. If I get on the expressway I can see the niagara parkway, it is just across the river. I think it is 5 km as the crow flies to Canada from here. It does seem stupid that they delivered mine but won't for you guys. Maybe call GM corporate?
Old 02-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #65
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I’m fine with not getting the car yet. We have too much salt andbrine on our roads right now. But I would like it late April early May.
Mind you I also wouldn’t mind staring at it everyday while downing tall cans and waiting for the nice weather
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #66
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I’m fine with not getting the car yet. We have too much salt andbrine on our roads right now. But I would like it late April early May.
Mind you I also wouldn’t mind staring at it everyday while downing tall cans and waiting for the nice weather
I’m fine with waiting until spring I’m not fine with waiting until mid or end of summer for the car. April or May yeah totally fine, send it to paint correction and PPF / Ceramic / Tint and drive it home, roads will be good by then
Old 02-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #67
wnyzl11le

Quote:
I’m fine with waiting until spring I’m not fine with waiting until mid or end of summer for the car. April or May yeah totally fine, send it to paint correction and PPF / Ceramic / Tint and drive it home, roads will be good by then
I was just DM's with an other member and found out you guys are getting pretty high quotes on PPF. Just for reference the dealer down here (well we are really west of you guys mostly) quoted me $3600 USD which at the current exchange rate is $4735.62. That is to do my entire car wing, rockers and the canards not just the body. As I was telling the other member it might make sense to call the guy I am using(he has done a all of my other cars) if the drive isn't to long. He does need 3-4 days to do it back quality work takes time. If you want his info dm.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #68
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
Quote:
Realistically I was hoping for early May, like you said get tint paint correction ppf etc and be driving it by the time it’s warm enough and the roads are clean.

I won’t mind a June delivery but pushing into July or August would be upsetting

Nothing we can do but wait and see
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #69
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
I was just DM's with an other member and found out you guys are getting pretty high quotes on PPF. Just for reference the dealer down here (well we are really west of you guys mostly) quoted me $3600 USD which at the current exchange rate is $4735.62. That is to do my entire car wing, rockers and the canards not just the body. As I was telling the other member it might make sense to call the guy I am using(he has done a all of my other cars) if the drive isn't to long. He does need 3-4 days to do it back quality work takes time. If you want his info dm.
You’re about an hour from me. I may take you up on that.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #70
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
I got quoted $4800 for literally “FULL” coverage as well as the hood, front splitter, mirrors, side skirts and rear diffuser being done in the “Stealth” which is more expensive. He’s also doing a lot of extras when it comes to Coating, spraying the rims etc instead of wipe on, yards yadda