Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol still can happen i would never get a sunroof on a performance car i plan on tracking less headroom , more weight and looks ugly
Old 02-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
lol still can happen i would never get a sunroof on a performance car i plan on tracking less headroom , more weight and looks ugly
I would never get one either, but the OP isn't buying either one of us a car.

Headroom and weight are the most valid concerns. I don't think anyone in this thread has performed torsional rigidity testing on a 6G with and without a sunroof so we can't really quantify that number.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #17
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
And again you are comparing an issue on another platform car with one on the Gen 6 Camaro that isnt an issue. The ZL1 tracks just fine with a sunroof, the current 2018+ SS 1LE with the sunroof are doing fine as well.

Again, the Alpha chassis is way more stiff than previous generations.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #18
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
The airbags could go off too!

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #19
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor62 View Post
New here. I went and test drove a 2019 2SS 1LE yesterday that was equipped with the sunroof. We went in to try and place an order and when the salesman added the sunroof, it deleted the 1LE package. Did GM eliminate the sunroof mid-year on the 1LE? Strange as they had 2 2019 SS 1LE's on the lot with the sunroof.
Obviously others have mentioned about headroom....Not sure how tall you are but I bought an 18 1LE in October and wanted a sunroof but was just too tall for it. It drops the headliner in the car a decent amount, atleast 1", and it may be 2". I sat in both before buying and my hair was literally touching the frame of the sunroof. On the non-sunroof car I had a good inch or two to the liner.

And as another member mentioned, I LOVE the roof lines of the non sunroof Camaro, it gives it a sinister look IMO.

Good luck!
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #20
Bytor62

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Obviously others have mentioned about headroom....Not sure how tall you are but I bought an 18 1LE in October and wanted a sunroof but was just too tall for it. It drops the headliner in the car a decent amount, atleast 1", and it may be 2". I sat in both before buying and my hair was literally touching the frame of the sunroof. On the non-sunroof car I had a good inch or two to the liner.

And as another member mentioned, I LOVE the roof lines of the non sunroof Camaro, it gives it a sinister look IMO.

Good luck!
Thanks. I'm 6'5" and have driven the 1LE with sunroof twice. I definitely have headroom but will check out a 1LE without the sunroof. I absolutely like the looks of the non-sunroof better but, hey, I'm looking from the inside!! My original question was just whether you can still get the sunroof with the 1LE not whether I should get one. I now know you can so I'll have to make a decision.
Bytor62 is offline   Reply With Quote