#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 07-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #15
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I absolutely love the lowered look. To me the stock wheel gap is embarrassing...nice job brother!
LOL, go look at a C5 Z06, now THAT is wheel gap. Or even a C7 Z51. The 1LE isn't bad.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #16
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Very nice man. If I do mine, I plan on going with the BMR springs because they offer a little less drop, but still noticeable.

The one thing I do not want to do is negatively affect the awesome handling and balance with the MRC.
Lowering springs will be a negative affect, I tried it.
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #17
propwashed

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
So I guess you may no longer have true "track" mode handling??? That would suck for me. There is really no other better handling/track capable car for this kind of money in this size/weight/power class. you could easily spend 20k+ chasing a suspension package to get what the 1LE package offers for a $4,500 add on. The only reason I bought this car is due to the awesome cornering capability out of the box. If you are not tracking the car or really pushing it to the limits than I suppose the look factor outweighs the slight handling issue you may be sacrificing. I would as well like mine to sit a bit lower but not with any sacrifice. I would want a lower cg and hopefully reduce body roll a bit.

Looks great never the less.
GARY'S CUSTOM VENTED FENDERS
propwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #18
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Lowering springs will be a negative affect, I tried it.
I'm very interested in this. What side effects did you notice?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:34 AM   #19
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
As much as I love the look of the 1LE being lowered 1/2" I can't stop thinking GM chassis engineers have the car the way it is (stock) for a reason. I'll be sticking with function over form.

OP car looks great regardless!
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #20
Camarentino

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
For me this works for what I need it for. I'm one of those people who bought a track car just for occasional street pleasure driving. I love the car and the look of the car so I bought it. The overall feel of the car is still very good, but I may have to agree with some naw sayers about it being not as good as stock. I think if you track a lot, leave your suspension alone. I will give more updates as I put more kms on the car.

KN intake-MBRP cb- 2nd cat deletes- ACS sides- iroc Z spoiler- Eibach Pro- Katech 95TB- MSD Manifold-GM strut bar- Custom tune by Arun Ahuja @ CCPERF.ca

Camarentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #21
Atlas24601

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Glad you like it. Its your car so thats what counts.

Why do this on a 1LE though? Why not just go for the normal SS? I cant imagine that this would be good for handling. The SS 1LE pulls 1.12 Gs on the skidpad from the factory. Very few cars at any price can do that, much less do it on not true R compound tires like the SS 1LE does. To me it seems like too perfect of a setup to mess with because anything you do is likely to make it worse.
Atlas24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #22
bullet3z

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
As much as I love the look of the 1LE being lowered 1/2" I can't stop thinking GM chassis engineers have the car the way it is (stock) for a reason. I'll be sticking with function over form.

OP car looks great regardless!
Or maybe the vehicle is at the height that it is due to the Federal Bumper Standard. This puts bumper height requirements at 16 to 20 inches from the ground. It was established for all passenger cars in the US. It was established by Congress and is known as the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Saving Act (MVICS Act).

Just a thought?
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #23
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z View Post
Or maybe the vehicle is at the height that it is due to the Federal Bumper Standard. This puts bumper height requirements at 16 to 20 inches from the ground. It was established for all passenger cars in the US. It was established by Congress and is known as the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Saving Act (MVICS Act).

Just a thought?
This, plus they don't want a "daily driver" to be so low that you'll smash the bumper into parking lot ramps, etc.

That being said, they will have tuned the suspension to work well at that height, even if a lower roll center would be better.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #24
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
eibach springs look good for this car but dont really help with handling if you want to lower a bit and increase handling check out the yyz springs thats what i have and i know you 1le guys will be happy
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarentino View Post
For me this works for what I need it for. I'm one of those people who bought a track car just for occasional street pleasure driving. I love the car and the look of the car so I bought it. The overall feel of the car is still very good, but I may have to agree with some naw sayers about it being not as good as stock. I think if you track a lot, leave your suspension alone. I will give more updates as I put more kms on the car.
Nothing wrong with that man!

The 1LE is an amazing DD car for those of us that like aggressive cars with aggressive dynamics. To me, that is the most amazing aspect of the 1LE. The car is such a compliant DD, while being so incredible on the track.

If I were in the market for a car now, I think I would Daily a 1LE and lower it until I got ready to track it, and then I would go back to stock for sure.

Car looks great dude, enjoy that thing(Im sure you are)!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #26
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
eibach springs look good for this car but dont really help with handling if you want to lower a bit and increase handling check out the yyz springs thats what i have and i know you 1le guys will be happy
Very interesting, I have never heard of them before. I was just reading their marketing description.

They sound interesting. Do they really not give up in the handling department?
Old 07-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #27
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yes sir i was one of the many test cars along with a 2ss with magride and a 1le and all of us had great compliments to give...made in usa by hyperco sold by powell racing who has had years of motorsports use with corvettes, cobalts and now new camaros

he bought all of the aftermarket springs out there and tested them independently to come up with the best ride and best handling lowering spring out on the market
Old 07-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #28
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z View Post

Just a thought?
I'm not disputing this but how does it play out on a car like the Corvette? Standard C7 may meet these requirements but does the Z06 or ZR1?

I won't even go into the super or hyper cars legally being sold in the US.
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote