Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-21-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
Ranger175

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, M6
Question Cam newbie

I have a 2013 ZL1. I currently have Kooks LTs (catless) and Roto CAI. Wanting to upgrade cam. Do I need to upgrade any pulleys or will boost levels remain relatively OK with just doing a cam and tune? Also, the car has ~9500 miles on it. Will keeping my stock lifters be OK?

On a side note, my goal as of now isn't to get too crazy with the car. It's a weekend warrior. I would like to eventually be between 600-650 so I'm sure pulleys will eventually be in the future. I was just trying to hold off on having to buy/add heat soak mods such as upgraded heat exchangers at this point in time (limited money). My ideal cam would provide good/noticable lope at idle but still maintain great drivability, good power, and low engine/drivetrain abuse (if that's possible). I've read ALOT of threads on the forum on this topic trying to educate myself and was appreciating ideas from you experienced ZL1 guys with regards to my goals. Thanks in advance.
Ranger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
InfernalSS

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1 M6
I would recommend installing an ATI balancer while you're in there to save time/labor. You can buy a stock size or 5% blower ring and swap to a bigger one later on with ease instead of having to pull the stock balancer back off down the road. If you want 650rwhp, I'd say go with the 10' blower ring on an ATI balancer if you never plan on changing the upper pulley. Just be sure to add at least 850cc injectors and consider the $530 Ron Davis heat exchanger.

See my signature for the mods I used to get to my power level.

- Lingenfelter GT14 Cam w/ BTR Platinum .660 Valve Springs
- Lingenfelter 9.17" Lower & 2.55" Upper Pulley
- Lingenfelter Idler Bracket
- Lingenfelter 160deg Thermostat
- Lingenfelter Intercooler Reservoir

- Ron Davis Heat Exchanger
- TSP 2" LT Headers w/ Catless Mids
- Injector Dynamics 1050x Injectors
- Dsteck Auxiliary Fuel System w/ Flex Fuel Sensor
- RotoFab Intake & VMax Ported Throttle Body

- Moroso Catch Can
- Mcleod Racing RXT Ceramic Clutch Kit