Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-09-2016, 05:25 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Yes I called them friday they said they are happy with sound and fitment of all 3 systems.. Touring, S-type, and ATAK. They also asked for 2 more weeks w my car to finish R & D on the headers and for the media department to finish photo shoot, videos, and sound clips. I sent an email last night and told then that we are dying to atleast hear something and if they could post something. Hopefully they put something up here or there Instagram.

I'm having severe camaro with draws especially since Bee #1 is still having a 416 and agp kit installed you can follow him over in the camaro5 forum under V8 forced induction, buying an AGP kit today...

On another note I'm working w All girls garage... Rachael and Bogi have given me the producer email and working something out to have them install a blower when Borla finishes up.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #30
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

Talk about getting sponsors, your'e on a roll. I did Bassani as my stock muffler's weigh 40lbs a piece, my bassani's weigh 30 lbs together, add 9 lb loss with aluminum 1-piece driveshaft and that's a good weight loss.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2016, 08:14 AM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I have the NPP not sure what your used to.. but, the car is to quiet for me and my wife. That's our yellow one in the photo..After owning a 96 z28 w borla exhaust I'll never own anything else. Our only complaint thus far with the 16 is its to quiet.

I can't wait to hear it w the Rev match feature... that is going to be so bad azz..

The suspense is killing us!
Not to argue, but it sounds like you and your wife and use accustomed to a loud exhaust. No problem. The NPP exhaust is probably the loudest stock exhaust out of the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger, except for perhaps the Challenger hellcat, and maybe the SRT. Simply put...its good for a factory stock exhaust.

In track mode, it makes me happy, and my wife thinks its more than loud enough, so I'd say Chevy did a good job with the NPP.

But there is always room to satisfy different tastes just like yours....I'm looking forward to seeing what Borla has to offer, and if they can make use of the NPP "feature" in their exhaust, well then that would be very cool.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #32
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
It will utilize the npp. Even my vette was not loud enough. But with npp it gets whisper quiet or hells fury loud

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #33
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
For a "stock" system with NPP, I think the car is pretty loud compared to what is out there. But, it is still muffled and not deep enough for me. It still can be a bit louder personally. Hopefully, removing the secondary cats will fix that for me.

Quote:
Yes I called them friday they said they are happy with sound and fitment of all 3 systems.. Touring, S-type, and ATAK. They also asked for 2 more weeks w my car to finish R & D on the headers and for the media department to finish photo shoot, videos, and sound clips. I sent an email last night and told then that we are dying to atleast hear something and if they could post something. Hopefully they put something up here or there Instagram.

I'm having severe camaro with draws especially since Bee #1 is still having a 416 and agp kit installed you can follow him over in the camaro5 forum under V8 forced induction, buying an AGP kit today...

On another note I'm working w All girls garage... Rachael and Bogi have given me the producer email and working something out to have them install a blower when Borla finishes up.
Keep us updated!!!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
For a "stock" system with NPP, I think the car is pretty loud compared to what is out there. But, it is still muffled and not deep enough for me. It still can be a bit louder personally. Hopefully, removing the secondary cats will fix that for me.
I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out for you.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #35
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out for you.
Will let you know Friday Getting it done Thursday but I won't be home till late afternoon. So I will just do a start up and rev video. I have a bone stock one so we can compare it.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #36
132SSLE

Drives: 2016 1LT Hyper Blue RS
I am excited to see what they do, my V6 16 didn't have any sort of exhaust so borla will be where I go with it. IF/When they ever get around to the measely V6 versions.
132SSLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #37
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Not to argue, but it sounds like you and your wife and use accustomed to a loud exhaust. No problem. The NPP exhaust is probably the loudest stock exhaust out of the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger, except for perhaps the Challenger hellcat, and maybe the SRT. Simply put...its good for a factory stock exhaust.

In track mode, it makes me happy, and my wife thinks its more than loud enough, so I'd say Chevy did a good job with the NPP.

But there is always room to satisfy different tastes just like yours....I'm looking forward to seeing what Borla has to offer, and if they can make use of the NPP "feature" in their exhaust, well then that would be very cool.
Not really the wife never liked my z28 w borla wasn't into cars back then. We got the 2010 in Dallas and had the dealer install a blower it had the GMPP exhaust on it.. I thought it sounded pretty good to. And Then we moved to houston and met some great people like Sycraft!..and my neighbor.. with a black 1le. Pfatd headers and gmpp exhaust w a night fury cam.. when we would cruise and he laid the hammer down going by us it sounded awesome.. Or now Sycraft and his HO at start up, full throttle and especially the Rev match its awesome but they want it louder and better sounding to.

I guess our tastes are now nothing is to loud as long as it sounds good.. nothing beats that feeling when your standing around at a meet and people u know or don't know watch you roll in. Or you leave and event and everyone is watching u pull away because of the great sound loud exhaust.

Back to the Rev match and Sycraft nothing beats that down shift rev matching pulling up to a signal light or under a overpass.. stock exhaust won't do! It's like hp you keep wanting more and more I dkn maybe it's cause you get used to it or your trying to keep up w your buddies. I remember thinking wtf is ho vette doing review his motor like that.. I never understood active rev match. . But now the 16s have it like ho's vette, after I start the car thats the first lever I pull..

With the NPP I want the option to cruise in loud or cruise quietly with the stereo on. I'm pretty sure that's what's Borla will do I have heard a million praises for borla vs a hand full of disappointed owners.

One thing we can agree on is that the 16 is badazz!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 02-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132SSLE View Post
I am excited to see what they do, my V6 16 didn't have any sort of exhaust so borla will be where I go with it. IF/When they ever get around to the measely V6 versions.
Is it something you want me to ask for ya?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #39
132SSLE

Drives: 2016 1LT Hyper Blue RS
Quote:
Is it something you want me to ask for ya?
Will they have one out soon!!! If I lived anywhere near them id give them my car to make it and pay full price... no sponsor crap wanted just a BORLA exhaust!
132SSLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #40
Vad3r

Drives: 2016 2SS
I hope they make a npp style system like they did for the c7

1100: 08/06/15 <STJR2Q>
2000: 11/02/15
3000: 11/03/15 <TPW:11/30/15>
3800: 11/30/15 <VIN: 129008>
5000: 12/30/15
6000: 01/04/16
Vad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #41
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Hey guys! We are glad to see that you all are excited for our 2016 Camaro Exhaust Systems! I hope to have a sound clip to show you this week of EDFHOBBIES' 2016 Camaro SS... I'll keep you updated and post something as soon as I can!

Yes, we will be making systems for the V6.

We are currently looking for a 4 Cylinder 2016 Camaro (2.0T)... Does anyone have one?
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #42
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa at Borla View Post

We are currently looking for a 4 Cylinder 2016 Camaro (2.0T)... Does anyone have one?
They are not being built yet. Will you be making an NPP compatible system? Thanks and sorry if it's posted prior.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust