#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
tire slip or slide feel

Not sure how to phrase the question. I have the 2018 zl11le. I notice that when I either back up or move forward and sharp turn wheels, I get this traction feel or sound that feels like tires are not gripping or chatter.
Is this to do with TControl or what? just curious as any sound that seems foreign I will research.
thanks.
fred z
fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
I believe it's your lsd doing it's magic. Sending power to the wheel with grip and lightly skipping the wheel without.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
It's wheel/tire hop/chatter. Totally normal, has to do with tires and ackerman angles. It should happen less when tires are warm.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
DaveC113 is correct.

It happens all the time on Corvettes, I was expecting it to happen on my SS 1LE, but luckily it has never happened.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:56 AM   #5
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Not sure if it's the same but my 1LE feels like the rear end is on castors in the rear sometimes in corner takeoffs, not sliding as it does that well but almost like the rear axle is loose. It does skip going up uphill driveways at an angle, feels like a wheel is off the ground although it's not.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #6
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Not sure if it's the same but my 1LE feels like the rear end is on castors in the rear sometimes in corner takeoffs, not sliding as it does that well but almost like the rear axle is loose. It does skip going up uphill driveways at an angle, feels like a wheel is off the ground although it's not.
Don't be so sure.
I make a right turn entering my driveway, and the right rear tire always leaves the ground.
I have to intentionally let up on the gas, or clutch in, to prevent the eLSD from freaking out as the right rear comes up.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
Good to know. My rear wheels come off the ground as I approach 150 on whoop de dos.....come to think about it...all 4 hit the air!!!!
fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #8
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Don't be so sure.
I make a right turn entering my driveway, and the right rear tire always leaves the ground.
I have to intentionally let up on the gas, or clutch in, to prevent the eLSD from freaking out as the right rear comes up.
Maybe that's what I'm hearing, pulled in this morning and a steep angle and heard the diff making noises. If a wheel is off the ground I GOTTA GET A PIC!!
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #9
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Traction control can make some awful noises when tires lift, but it's totally normal.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #10
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedo View Post
Maybe that's what I'm hearing, pulled in this morning and a steep angle and heard the diff making noises. If a wheel is off the ground I GOTTA GET A PIC!!
When I hit the driveway entrance the right front wheel goes up the ramp while the left rear is planted firmly on the street. The left front is following the road crown down to the curb/gutter, and with the weight of the engine, the chassis follows the front end lifting the right rear up into the air. May only be an inch or less, but that right rear wants to free wheel when the left front reaches the lowest point.

The first time I pulled in it sounded like the rear was going to explode. I was going slow making sure the car wouldn't scrape as the C6 did every time in or out, just creeping along at low speed while applying throttle to climb the ramp up to the sidewalk. Right at that one spot the right rear spun up and the eLSD or maybe even the TC made a horrendous noise like something broke.

Happened two or three times, but I've learned to hit the ramp with a little momentum as I don't seem to scrape at all and let up on the gas or press the clutch at that transition point to keep the traction nannies happy.