#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-14-2019, 04:18 AM   #15
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
Found the article and thanks for sharing. Not sure what to make of it as that car was actually and auto trans that underwent the afm delete. From what I gather auto trans will typically experience an average 4% additional drivetrain power loss over the manual. So if that auto baselines at 435hp, and I get that's what they showed in the article, yet I'm struggling to see that based on all the posts out there, that should put my baseline around
452hp, without allowing for any gains from the headers and cai. Something seems off with those numbers. Had it been a manual it wouldn't be so much of a stretch for me to believe.
Yes a baseline would have yielded some info and useful data but I didn't have the extra money to justify getting one.
Still think just using the average nowadays of around 8% on manual and 12% on auto which would result in 418hp and 400hp respectively is a reasonable assumption and good enough for me. That would also fall in line with expected gains from headers and cai when compared to my numbers, gaining about 30hp.
Just wanted to share what I got and say I really liked the guys down there at Redline. I appreciate the supportive comments from the community.
All of the LT1s have the AFM/DOD lifters, so they all would need the delete done with a big aftermarket cam like that. M6 cars just don't activate the feature with the ECM, but the parts are there inside all of them. So their installation of the Katech AFM delete plate actually tells us nothing about the transmission. The car in the article was built for road course use so I was thinking it was an M6. Checked again and the article really does not say what trans it had. Sorry, I guess I had made an assumption when I read it, associating track rat with buying an M6. Since you know the guys at Redline, I guess you could see if they remember that car, as the build was obviously done in 2016, so don't know how well they would remember that specific car after 2+ years.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #16
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
Hey Chris, car feels great man. Finally able to get on it a bit this week and loving it. Should try to meet up at the next cars and coffee.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote