Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Bouncing back after totaling my 1LE

Ok fellers, it looks like after my accident two weeks ago where my ZL1 1LE was totaled (and became an internet meme in the process) I am going to be able to replace it with a brand new one.

I don't want to get into the details of the accident since I am still in the thick of it with Geico. Today I found out that they are officially considering the car a total loss. I will find out the official value for the car next week.

They gave me a figure today and it seemed pretty reasonable to me. The care was fully loaded, had the PDR, and MSRP was $73,300. The car had 5400 miles on it at the time of the crash.

I've looked everywhere and I am having a hard time finding any information on the value of a used ZL1 1LE. Because it's such a new option and there aren't many out there Kelley Blue Book doesn't even have it listed in their site.

I'd be interested to find out what you guys would consider a good $ value from the insurance would be.

Thank you all for any input you can give me as far as the value.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Anything north of 65
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
Anything north of 65
damn, that low?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 05-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #4
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
I would agree with 65k+ nothing less. Also, if you have the means, space, time and motivation, see how much they would let you buy the old you for..you could maybe part it out, or sell it off to someone else for a little profit, who will in turn part it out...or if the frame isn't bent....track rat!
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Ok fellers, it looks like after my accident two weeks ago where my ZL1 1LE was totaled (and became an internet meme in the process) I am going to be able to replace it with a brand new one.

I don't want to get into the details of the accident since I am still in the thick of it with Geico. Today I found out that they are officially considering the car a total loss. I will find out the official value for the car next week.

They gave me a figure today and it seemed pretty reasonable to me. The care was fully loaded, had the PDR, and MSRP was $73,300. The car had 5400 miles on it at the time of the crash.

I've looked everywhere and I am having a hard time finding any information on the value of a used ZL1 1LE. Because it's such a new option and there aren't many out there Kelley Blue Book doesn't even have it listed in their site.

I'd be interested to find out what you guys would consider a good $ value from the insurance would be.

Thank you all for any input you can give me as far as the value.
Just curious, are they going to make you pay for the guard rail?
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Hey man I am sorry for that loss, really stinks! I would consider looking at sold used cars as your target. I see $68-70k based off of what has sold recently in the north east area.

Fight for 70, settle for 68...
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Wouldn't be that crazy to receive a bill from the city or state.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
I would agree with 65k+ nothing less. Also, if you have the means, space, time and motivation, see how much they would let you buy the old you for..you could maybe part it out, or sell it off to someone else for a little profit, who will in turn part it out...or if the frame isn't bent....track rat!
I thought about asking them about it. But I don't have the space for a third car in my driveway. Plus, if I want to replace it I'm going to need every single penny to put towards the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
No, they are not making me pay for it. To be honest with you I wasn't even aware that they could do that. I thought that insurance typically covers all damages (to property other than my car and any other car I would hit). I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they would cover the guardrail as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Hey man I am sorry for that loss, really stinks! I would consider looking at sold used cars as your target. I see $68-70k based off of what has sold recently in the north east area.

Fight for 70, settle for 68...
Thank you for the sympathy man. It sucked big time, especially since I wasn't driving recklessly or carelessly whatsoever when the accident happened. If I was driving like an asshole and crashed I think the loss would have been a little easier to deal with.
Upper 60K seems a little more acceptable for me. I've been told that Geico typically pays out on the higher end.

The dealership I bought the original one from has another one, exactly the same options minus the PDR and the Navigation. Which I can do without, what I must have (believe it or not) is the red seatbelts. I fell in love with the red seatbelts lolol.

I put $500 down on that one and they are holding it for me while this mess gets sorted out. Otherwise I would have to order one and it would probably take as long as September or October to get it.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Dude, I too am enamored with the red seatbelts and MUST have them now! I just ordered red 'rev-match' paddles for the wheel to go with the belts. HAHA

Navi is totally unnecessary in the world of Android auto and CarPlay anyway. This will pass brother, and you'll be back in one of these monsters soon!
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #10
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Dude, I too am enamored with the red seatbelts and MUST have them now! I just ordered red 'rev-match' paddles for the wheel to go with the belts. HAHA

Navi is totally unnecessary in the world of Android auto and CarPlay anyway. This will pass brother, and you'll be back in one of these monsters soon!
I got the red paddles
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #11
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
damn, that low?
Hopefully not and closer to 68k like other person mentioned. The bank finance loan amount is approximately 62k. I’m not sure how Gieco does business but the insurance company I deal with offer new model replacement if totaled. Hopefully you have that written in your policy too.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #12
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Even after they make their offer you should let this guy take a look. He has done great things for me and quite a few others when it comes to negotiating more of a total loss settlement. If nothing else and zero charge he can tell you if the offer they gave you is correct.

http://www.zbllc.net

guys name is john
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #13
17 White ZL1

Drives: 2017 White ZL1 A10
A ZL1 1LE without PDR ? That would be a deal breaker for me and I would think it would be hard to sell down the road without the PDR. My .02 cents
Glad you are ok you can always get a new car!!!
2016 GT350
2015 Hellcat Challeger
17 White ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #14
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
I paid 69,500 for mine w/ PDR, Nav, and CF not a month ago.

RED PADDLES YOU SAY? Where? LOL I've seen the Red instrument knobs, but not paddles.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote