Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-13-2022, 08:49 AM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
More then likely both street/strip. I’m just torn between how much power I want to push it, but I would rather have the engine that supports it just in case.

As far as the plates though, what other options are there really with the magnuson?
only the XDi is the other option but it fall short of your goals.. if 99% of my driving was street I'd go that way depending on confidence with my tuner. big power brings little bugs I think the XDI will have fewer bugs than port with a less experienced tuner. Even if you have a good tuner there will still be a lot trips back n forth setting up the port to come on earlier or later to dial it in at the track its no big deal your there w your tuner dialing it in but on the street its annoying to have a hesitation depending on how you accelerate when your racing someone or just driving. You think something is wrong with the car and trying to schedule to come back in is kinda a headache. It took a long time to get mine perfect and a lot trips.

For instance everyone drives different you may step on it hard and it works perfect or you may gradually lead into a hit and it may hesitate or vice versa. mine is finally ironed out to where its good either way.

There are a few tuners on a text thread between themselves like Sorian, Cunningham, and other well known guys that help each other out with the bugs like this.

Cunningham, you noticed has made a pushed to support all DI coming up w cam shaft lobes like the LPE and using larger injectors. I asked hm about port and said he didn't like it and GM made it look easy cuz they have computers for the DI and port that talk to each other. Also they are only making up 100 hp not 800 on di and 600 on port.

Not trying to discourage you but there is little info for people on this and just get a confident tuner that's done a lot.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:02 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Jenetty has a build documented making almost 1100whp on E82 with a 427/2650 combo using DI fueling(XDI system).[/QUOTE]

Do you have an IDEA what he charged on that? 13k NO LABOR included on the screen shot!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 04-13-2022, 09:35 AM   #17
ZLAV1N
Previously CS10SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Welp, decided to bite the bullet and just go full out on my car instead of buying another ZL1 and ripnning that apart. I'm eyeballing a c6 Z06 to gut that for track only, but i'm looking for 1100+ wheel on my ZL1. So far here is the list with a few questions.

LME 416ci 1800HP Longblock (iron)
Callies Magnum Crankshaft
Callies Enforced Rods w/ARP Ultra Hardware
Diamond 2K Pistons w/Upgraded Wrist Pins
ARP Main Studs
LME Bracketry Adapter
CID Aftermarket LT4 Heads
LME Titanium Intake Valves
Inconel Exhaust Valves
LME Dual Spring Kit Custom
LME Camshaft
LME Billet Timing Cover
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gaskets C5R Timing Chain
Johnson Lifters

10L90 complete Rebuild
New Driveshaft

TooHigh PSI Spacers

Deatschwerks Injectors
Custom Holley Port Injection

Keeping my blower/interchiller

Question on the toohigh psi spacers/port injection. Anyone else using this setup here with the holley system, and how is it? I should be able to run full E with my low side upgrades. Any issues or concerns?

10 Rib and 112mm throttle body are options too.

I believe the trans can take about 1200whp after the rebuild so thats the max im going to shoot for.
Love It.

I am adding a few goodies to my ZL1 as well... not going this far (yet). She's headed back to Katech in a few weeks.
'96 300ZX - sold
'10 2SS/RS M6 455rwhp - sold
'13 ZL1 M6 720rwhp - sold
'17 ZL1 A10 930rwhp - Katech Built
ZLAV1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:59 AM   #18
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
only the XDi is the other option but it fall short of your goals.. if 99% of my driving was street I'd go that way depending on confidence with my tuner. big power brings little bugs I think the XDI will have fewer bugs than port with a less experienced tuner. Even if you have a good tuner there will still be a lot trips back n forth setting up the port to come on earlier or later to dial it in at the track its no big deal your there w your tuner dialing it in but on the street its annoying to have a hesitation depending on how you accelerate when your racing someone or just driving. You think something is wrong with the car and trying to schedule to come back in is kinda a headache. It took a long time to get mine perfect and a lot trips.

For instance everyone drives different you may step on it hard and it works perfect or you may gradually lead into a hit and it may hesitate or vice versa. mine is finally ironed out to where its good either way.

There are a few tuners on a text thread between themselves like Sorian, Cunningham, and other well known guys that help each other out with the bugs like this.

Cunningham, you noticed has made a pushed to support all DI coming up w cam shaft lobes like the LPE and using larger injectors. I asked hm about port and said he didn't like it and GM made it look easy cuz they have computers for the DI and port that talk to each other. Also they are only making up 100 hp not 800 on di and 600 on port.

Not trying to discourage you but there is little info for people on this and just get a confident tuner that's done a lot.

1000-1100 whp would be max i would want for the street. I'm only spending the extra money for the full long block as its dynoed and tested by LME for this setup. Id rather have the capability to go further if i wanted it for strictly a drag car. It's possible I may go that way after a year or 2.

I'll talk with them about the XDI setup, but your buddies at CSP have pushed some of these setups to 1200whp on the maggy (not ported).

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:04 AM   #19
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
1000-1100 whp would be max i would want for the street. I'm only spending the extra money for the full long block as its dynoed and tested by LME for this setup. Id rather have the capability to go further if i wanted it for strictly a drag car. It's possible I may go that way after a year or 2.

I'll talk with them about the XDI setup, but your buddies at CSP have pushed some of these setups to 1200whp on the maggy (not ported).
The Maggie 2650 is capable of at least 1445whp since that's what Jason Leiva just accomplished at 23psi of boost. They're still trying to find the limit of that blower.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:08 AM   #20
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The Maggie 2650 is capable of at least 1445whp since that's what Jason Leiva just accomplished at 23psi of boost. They're still trying to find the limit of that blower.

Is it ported? I'm sure the 2650 is capable of more then what they list it for as ex: in jason's setup.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 04-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #21
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Is it ported? I'm sure the 2650 is capable of more then what they list it for as ex: in jason's setup.
Probably, that being said, they are still trying to find the limits of that blower. It just keeps going. Most people at that power level are running turbo setups. It will also be interesting to see how the trans holds up. That's a lot of power for the 10L90 which I honestly don't think has even been done before so we'll soon see the limits of that trans also. My original point was that 2650 is a VERY capable blower, stock or ported, the sky's the limit.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #22
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Probably, that being said, they are still trying to find the limits of that blower. It just keeps going. Most people at that power level are running turbo setups. It will also be interesting to see how the trans holds up. That's a lot of power for the 10L90 which I honestly don't think has even been done before so we'll soon see the limits of that trans also. My original point was that 2650 is a VERY capable blower, stock or ported, the sky's the limit.
Around 1200 according to CSP. That’s where they like to keep them.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:39 PM   #23
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Around 1200 according to CSP. That’s where they like to keep them.
Csp YouTube magic he was wrong about the edelbrock and never did any testing never did a port setup never measured iats on all the blowers or the power of all 5 blowers. he just made his hypothesis on all the LT blowers with out any testing and the sheep followed in line.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:04 PM   #24
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Csp YouTube magic he was wrong about the edelbrock and never did any testing never did a port setup never measured iats on all the blowers or the power of all 5 blowers. he just made his hypothesis on all the LT blowers with out any testing and the sheep followed in line.

Ahhhh, there it is.... It was just a matter of time until you chimed in the same crap you spew on every single post that has CSP in their name.
'
Why are you so butt hurt about your lovely edelbrock blower? Maybe just call them 500 times instead of shitting on everyone else's posts.

Its really annoying Jack.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:12 PM   #25
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Never chimmed in on them before. Show it if I did.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:22 PM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
This is definitely a build to watch. I hope you can share as much as you're willing to.

Is there more the the A10 now? I thought I read/saw/etc. that all that's available were the clutches or something... Maybe that was the C8 DCT... Whatever.

Is CSP doing this build for you, too?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:56 PM   #27
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I have the toohigh spacers with the holley on the stock x ported supercharcher and I can run full E-85. I'm at 800 wheel .
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:05 PM   #28
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Your LME build is what I've been rolling around if I want to spend that much or just do 950 with less. Totally love this and I'm sub'd now. Agree, build for more and you can always run less instead of the other way around and blown up. Incredible build.

Current build in progress 2016 GMC4x4 RCSB twin hair dryers ~1k whp fbe port inj 1/8 mi & stealth street terror
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote