Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2023, 10:38 AM   #1
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Stainless Power Headers installed - a mostly good value

I initially installed the Corsa mufflers on my car but did not like how deep it sounded. My ZLE's before sounded way better with Corsa. So, I decided to buy the Stainless Power headers, I come from buying ARH headers for every car and decided to cheap out. I know people rave about them but I felt they were mediocre, they get the job done but battling the exhaust leaks was a chore - ended up welding the front of the cats on, no more leaks.

The install was done on a lift and I was going to install in my garage but glad I did not. Was odd to me they wouldn't fit from the bottom but the ARH ones slide right in. The valve cover removal was easy, so no worries.

Lastly I want to note that i do not have a check engine light on, so the cats work well enough to not throw a code like many others do, at least in my case.

Video has comparisons of corsa and the headers, SS and ZLE, if you are interested in hearing the differences.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon

Last edited by DemonZL1; 09-28-2023 at 12:03 PM.
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 12:32 PM   #2
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
I have never heard of anyone complaining that their muscle car exhaust sounded "too deep" but I get it. I went with AWE Touring because I wanted that deep rumble. When my warranty runs out I am tempted to get headers but I have the opposite issue where I don't want it sounding too high or raspy. Loud is fine though lol.

Good video bro!

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 06:47 PM   #3
driftking123

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Sounds great. I've been thinking about adding these exact headers, but was and still am a little concerned with how loud they are. I am in a tight neighborhood and don't want to piss ppl off. Not that I care, but my wife cares and the couch is not that comfy. Is there any way you can post a stealth/tour mode cold/warm start video?

I got my LT2 intake on and it is amazing. Thanks for your video.
driftking123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 09:32 AM   #4
DemonZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
I have never heard of anyone complaining that their muscle car exhaust sounded "too deep" but I get it. I went with AWE Touring because I wanted that deep rumble. When my warranty runs out I am tempted to get headers but I have the opposite issue where I don't want it sounding too high or raspy. Loud is fine though lol.

Good video bro!
Thank You!

I am weird on the way the car sounds, once I got the ZL1 1LE sounding as good as it did, nothing could really compare. I ended with ARH Headers and cats on that car. I learned that going into the SS 1LE, I miss the sound of the ZLE because it's a higher pitched aggressive sound. The current setup on the SS is good for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking123 View Post
Sounds great. I've been thinking about adding these exact headers, but was and still am a little concerned with how loud they are. I am in a tight neighborhood and don't want to piss ppl off. Not that I care, but my wife cares and the couch is not that comfy. Is there any way you can post a stealth/tour mode cold/warm start video?

I got my LT2 intake on and it is amazing. Thanks for your video.
I absolutely will do a cold start with valves closed video. I live in an area of townhomes/condos and I respect my neighbors as well, kinda. So, I do close the valves for the morning start up. it's noisy still. I will try to get decibels to help with the sound level.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:20 PM   #5
driftking123

That would be great.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:31 PM   #6
DemonZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonZL1 View Post
Thank You!

I am weird on the way the car sounds, once I got the ZL1 1LE sounding as good as it did, nothing could really compare. I ended with ARH Headers and cats on that car. I learned that going into the SS 1LE, I miss the sound of the ZLE because it's a higher pitched aggressive sound. The current setup on the SS is good for now.

I absolutely will do a cold start with valves closed video. I live in an area of townhomes/condos and I respect my neighbors as well, kinda. So, I do close the valves for the morning start up. it's noisy still. I will try to get decibels to help with the sound level.
hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/qf0MvVc61cE

Old 10-02-2023, 11:55 AM   #7
driftking123

Great video, however it looks like it's only about a hand full of decibels quieter. But 90 it's all that bad. Stealth mode does make the tone lower so that is a difference for the neighbors sake. Thanks for putting up this video.

I am leaning more on getting these now, but I'll have a shop install them for me. I've heard the troubles from others. The only other concern I have is, will the heat from the LT's make the starter fail quicker. But who knows, one car will die with a axle back system and another will go fully blown at 700horses and not a single issue. ha