Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #29
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooly View Post
Lets do it. I'm down with that. Car is in break in period now but I think it would be a blast.
Fast Fridays in Ennis Texas.
Love me some hell kitty for lunch
Mine just turned over 1317 miles....getting close to full launch mode.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #30
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
But a race should have the driver variable, don't you think? If there is no driver factor we may as well have driverless cars out there. And there's never really a perfect roll race either - often the driver who beeps the horn gets the jump.

And, you see 'Ford beat that ass' type comments from every make out there including these forums. Those comments are worthless IMO because there are way too many variables in street racing regardless the type.

I agree - a roll race can show you which car has more ass/HP - unless one of the drivers is a doofus for a shifter. But it is a lot easier to get a roll race than one from a dig for the reasons you said. I definitely get it.

And especially your comment about breaking less parts from the roll - I agree.

Either race has a lot of variables especially on the street. Take them to the track and settle it with hard data.
Kinda takes away from a car that may launch better and hellcats are adviertised as straight line car's. As far as easy on part's no doubt
Attached Images

Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #31
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
This roll racing completely eliminates how the cars get out of the hole. I don't like it
+1
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #32
Blown355

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Lets do it. I'm down with that. Car is in break in period now but I think it would be a blast.
Fast Fridays in Ennis Texas.
Love me some hell kitty for lunch

I'd take the 2 hour trip up to Ennis just to see that!
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #33
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
no offense but I take it youre uninformed on the subject

hellcats go tens with just a tire regularly. looking at trap speeds so far from the a10 I seen someone went 127 in good conditions and ran 11.1. hellcats trap 126-128 regularly

the cars are going to be very close. no one is squashing anything.

on stock tires id give the zl1 the edge/will be a bit easier to launch. both on a tire both hooking properly its a wash. in fact at this point id have to give the very slight edge to the hellcat
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #34
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I really like the video. It's the one most people have been waiting for. Hennessey has done every other comparison besides the ones that matter...auto vs auto, manual vs manual. I'm glad he was finally able to put this together. I, like others, am not a fan of roll racing either, but with the amount of power today's cars are producing, roll racing may be the safest way to go as long as the speeds don't get too high. There are a lot of folks that complain about these cars not making enough power, yet, put them behind the wheel and ask them to launch the car, they most likely would end up in the bushes somewhere.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #35
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
There are a lot of folks that complain about these cars not making enough power, yet, put them behind the wheel and ask them to launch the car, they most likely would end up in the bushes somewhere.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #36
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Motortrend will give us this match up in a head to head eventually if it's not already in the works. It's the most highly anticipated faceoff there is right now.
While there at it they need to run a 17 GT350"R" against a 17 ZL1 on a road course.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #37
Joecooly

Drives: 17 Black ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
no offense but I take it youre uninformed on the subject

hellcats go tens with just a tire regularly. looking at trap speeds so far from the a10 I seen someone went 127 in good conditions and ran 11.1. hellcats trap 126-128 regularly

the cars are going to be very close. no one is squashing anything.

on stock tires id give the zl1 the edge/will be a bit easier to launch. both on a tire both hooking properly its a wash. in fact at this point id have to give the very slight edge to the hellcat

No offense taken. The drag strip is near and dear to me and in my blood, I try to go even if I'm not participating. I'm speaking from experience not magazines or what I read. I see guys struggle with Hellcats regularly on prepped surfaces at that.
To be clear, all I'm trying to say is the Hellcat appears to me to be harder to launch from a dig and the A10 plants the power better making it consistantly faster than the hellcat.
Read below link of Hellcat forum peeps. Remember, we are talking about stock vs. stock. No drag radials, no prep. Straight out of the factory.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/stock...ut-down.35489/
Joecooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #38
LINMUP

Drives: 1982 Z28
If you have a drag strip at your disposal , then drag race the cars, don't roll race'em
LINMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #39
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
No offense taken. The drag strip is near and dear to me and in my blood, I try to go even if I'm not participating. I'm speaking from experience not magazines or what I read. I see guys struggle with Hellcats regularly on prepped surfaces at that.
To be clear, all I'm trying to say is the Hellcat appears to me to be harder to launch from a dig and the A10 plants the power better making it consistantly faster than the hellcat.
Read below link of Hellcat forum peeps. Remember, we are talking about stock vs. stock. No drag radials, no prep. Straight out of the factory.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/stock...ut-down.35489/
Speaking from experience here too. This is the hellcat at my track on a tire smoking me. 10.8@128 stock with DR. I got a lot more for him this year with E85 and headers but it still won't be enough. I'll likely be bottom 11s.

Good luck I'd love a zl1 a10. I'm not hating on you or anything I just happen to respect the cats and scats. But trust me I'm a chevy guy to the core.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b414LAYE5GY
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #40
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Yep. I'm not a Dodge fan, but you have to give them credit. They had a production car as fast or faster than the '17 A10 ZL1 available 3 years ago (as fast or faster in a straight line at least). The manual ZL1 still can't catch the heavier Challenger Hellcat (in a straight line).

By the time Chevrolet gets a ZL1 in the hands of everybody who's ready to buy, Dodge will likely have an even faster Challenger in production. Dodge's marketing seems to be top notch too. Tv ads, auto shows, you name it... their marketing always seems better than Chevrolet's IMO.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #41
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
So what are you saying. You want a stock ZL1 to show up so you can beat it in your supercharged car, with a drag pack wheel setup....Make sense.
Bawhahahahah Haag 🤙🤣
Old 04-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #42
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
The thing I love about the Hellcat is that it came out and backed up Dodge's claims to the T. They said it would run 11.3 stock and 10.8 on drag radials. In terms of the automatic, that's typically exactly what you can achieve. It's also funny that many people always bring up handling in the Hellcat argument, because it was never claimed to be capable of stellar handling. And it actually still handles exceptionally for a car weighing 4500 lbs. People that buy Hellcats know exactly why the bought the car. The real question is: Where's Ford in this fight? Where's the high power Mustang?
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote