Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post

In a straight line, the M4 can't outgun an SS so what makes one think the M2 can? For the tracks, I'm not sure but I would imagine they will be close.
They were.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #30
mavericksfan_04

Drives: 2016 2SS A8, NPP, NAV
This comparison is horrible. These guys have no clue how to drive the cars, especially the Camaro. I'd love to see this comparison done with professional drivers that know what they're doing.

Mods:
MRR 228 Glossy Black Rims: 20x10 & 20x11 (stock tires), Body Spear Stripes, Black Bowties & Smoked/Tinted Lights by Big Worm Graphix (Head, Tail, Side Markers, Rear Reflectors & 3rd Brake Light)

Upcoming Mods:
Window Tint, Black GM Splitter & Black Rocker Panels
mavericksfan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:58 PM   #31
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
An M3 or M4 with a DCT transmission should beat an SS in a drag race. Manual vs manual should be close, though. I get to drive these things for a living, and the S55 engine in the M3/4 is no joke. Of course, even though I get a deep discount on a new BMW, I'll be getting a 1LE instead.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #32
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
An M3 or M4 with a DCT transmission should beat an SS in a drag race. Manual vs manual should be close, though. I get to drive these things for a living, and the S55 engine in the M3/4 is no joke. Of course, even though I get a deep discount on a new BMW, I'll be getting a 1LE instead.
How do you figure? The DCT is a fast shifting tranny so it would be dead even or a slight edge to the A8 camaro. As far as manuals, did you not watch the video SS vs M4? The SS ran a best 12.3 to the M4's 12.4.. winning 68 out of 75 races. I have real world experience with co workers manual M4 vs my manual SS and let's just say about a car or two in my favor everytime. We are both good descent drivers as well. He was stock and I just have an exhaust..

The ONLY thing that's making the M cars competitive to the SS is their DCT tranny and the power numbers are a bit underrated.. like the LT1.

I lIke the M4's too so I'm not that biased lol.. it's a fine car but it doesn't have the brutal torque and sound.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #33
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I always see these type of threads and to be honest i used to love all brands of cars and sporty things. The problem came about later after working in the industry as a vender that those European folks who are heavily bias never giving any props to American muscle at all or design.

You could have a vette in the top 10 going around the "ring" in record time vs cars 5-10x its price and those same people presented with facts start talking about how the leather or interior sucks compared to the other. I guess 600,000 for a smooth stich pattern is worth it to some people but not me. Then to top it off if they had zero rebuttal the response would be it was for the prestige of owning one.

The prestige to me was being stupid enough to overpay for less performance and for a better looking rug or symbol on the car. There are weird people everywhere but that is one reason i cant even look at European cars now without disgust. I know Americans aren't perfect but we sure as hell try to get the best bang for our buck.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #34
MuhThugga
Poppycock

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
I'm shocked and disappointed to tell the truth... This is just an m2. Now imagine the m4. Camaro has no chance :( I notice that the American cars are always fast in the american test videos, but when it comes to the real world they suck.
Take a look at the outgoing stock m5 vs much more powerful stock cts-v

Wtf???
Because one video is the gospel of that vehicle's performance?
MuhThugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #35
Rinker

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Thank you! I was literally about to go ape shit on his idea of "racing" and the boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
What? This has to be one of the most misguided posts I've seen in a while. I would safely say a good amount of people who are buying a Camaro and an M2 are buying them for their power and racing capabilities. Why the hell would you spend this much money if you weren't? Go to any track day and you will see them flooded with these types of cars, all can put up serious times, and all can "race." Also I don't think I have EVER seen a "boxster" at the track. Ever. Cayman, yes. 911, yes. But never a boxster (a convertible) in my over 40 track days.

In addition, "a boxster will take it"? What in bloody hell are you smoking? Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are talking about the current generation 718 boxster S (the faster one if you weren't aware), it is not even close. The Camaro has 100 more HP and TQ, half a second faster to 60, and faster around literally every track. And not to mention that the M2 is also faster than the boxster.

Hell the Camaro can hold its own against the 911 on the track and the road.

I guess I'm wondering what the hell you are talking about? But then again I often wonder about that from emblem chasers and those who buy just for "looks." The thing is that it's hard to take you seriously when you have only driven a nearly 30 year old car for the past 27 years. I don't mean to "wealth shame" you, everyone has different financial situations. But take it from those of us who have had the opportunity to try out all the different and new technology on these various cars it carries more credibility - you are just stuck in 1989 dude, wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 AM   #36
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
The 2017 Camaro 1LE SS ran a time of 2:54.8, making it the 3rd quickest muscle car in the Lightning Lap ever, trailing only the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R (2:51.8) and the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (2:50.9). The V8 Camaro 1LE beat the 2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus, the 2016 BMW M2 and the Audi TTS, among others, and while we don’t have official 1LE pricing yet, we can expect that the track-ready Camaro will be far less expensive than the GT350R. The Mustang is 3 seconds quicker for now, but you have to wonder how the Camaro ZL1 with far more power would have gotten down the long straights of VIR.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #37
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
Crap just posted a new thread about this. Well here is a copy of what I said:

Thought you guys might enjoy the video in this thread over on the bimmer forums and the hilarity that ensued trying to justify their sunk cost.

Drag Race BMW M2 vs Chevrolet Camaro SS 2017 http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1328645

The M2 is a phenomenal car, but the Camaro is clearly a more superior car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol funniest shit on the internet these days.... BMW fanboys desperately clutching at straws not realizing BMW's days at a car enthusiasts' brand are behind them...

Gotta give props to a few guys on that forum who are real enthusiasts and give the gen6 Camaro the respect it's now earned.

Last edited by aa406079; 12-01-2016 at 10:25 PM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #38
nicksavage6981

Drives: dont have one
That is one sweet ass ride that Camaro
nicksavage6981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #39
The_D

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
This is weirdly fascinating. I traded in my modified 2009 135i MSport Auto for a 2017 Camaro 2SS 6speed. 2k miles on the Camaro so far, and only now feeling like I've got the feel to drive it well enough to be significantly faster than the BMW.

The think about the good (i.e. purist grade smaller) BMWs is that they are easier to get an initial feel for. That's a big part of what has always sold them. And it's also the reason pro drivers or those who go through cars quickly often think they are a bit overrated. With some seat time, I have to imagine that most drivers would come to be a lot faster with the Camaro's LT1 and MRC over most courses. Esp. with comp mode.
The_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #40
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
I see bunch of kids getting excited here.

SS M2 and Boxster are street cars that can be raced. And yes, the spyder will smoke your little asses in track race easily, because of its agility and lighter weight.

And just because you havent seen a spyder on the track in you "40" plus visits, it doesnt mean it does not exist. Open your eyes and see beyond your noses. SS is a mass production cheap muscle car that has more looks than performance. So, calm down in your "heated seats" and ride your smooth "MRC" suspensions and then dream about having a race car.
Baloney.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #41
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
For the 40 plus visits guy, check this out:

Also check the 0-60 and the price tag for the Audi.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:15 PM   #42
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
I see bunch of kids getting excited here.

SS M2 and Boxster are street cars that can be raced. And yes, the spyder will smoke your little asses in track race easily, because of its agility and lighter weight.

And just because you havent seen a spyder on the track in you "40" plus visits, it doesnt mean it does not exist. Open your eyes and see beyond your noses. SS is a mass production cheap muscle car that has more looks than performance. So, calm down in your "heated seats" and ride your smooth "MRC" suspensions and then dream about having a race car.
Baloney.
Woah there, somebody is busy "being right" without bothering to factor in the most important thing; the loose Nut behind the wheel.

e.g. just because I get a point by from a 991 GT3 doesn't mean what I'm driving is quicker.