Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 10-26-2016, 12:01 AM   #29
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
What's really impressive is the 392, like the 5.7 and 6.1 before it, runs off a speed density system, not a mass air system...so they don't respond to tunes and modifications as well. I can only imagine how the 392 would be if they used a MAF system instead.
On the contrary adding things like a cold air intake requires no tuning.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 AM   #30
TheZman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS m6
I just traded in my Scat Pack 392 m6 in for my Camaro SS m6. 2 totally different cars. Ones retro old school styling muscle car other is modern muscle. Camaro is more of a sports car. To compare the two on which one is better all comes down to preferences. I like them both for different reasons. They are both fast. So it comes down to style. I had no plans on getting rid of my Scat Pack Challenger. But i saw the new Camaro and it was a lot nicer in person then in the pics online. But the reason i did was based on financial reasons. With the 20% off and the equity i had in my Challenger my car payments are about $140 cheaper a month. That was the factor for me. Big thing im going to miss about my Challenger is the roomy interior, exhaust sound(more basey), old school muscle look and the dealership i bought it from. For 2017 Dodge has some nice cars coming out. The T/A Challenger 392 for example is sweet. I have a feeling its going to be a tic faster then the Scat bone stock because of the ram air cold air intake and lighter wheels. And the Hellcat is getting updates as well new uconnect ,lighter wheels and some interior tweeks light glow red badge on the steering wheel and updated badging outside. To be honest id own both if i had the money. And id still love to own a Hellcat.
TheZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:06 AM   #31
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
Atleast the guys on this thread seem to be very honest and educated thanks for the good thought process on these 2 cars and could not agree more .. Jfm-jr car is strong too if we ran 10 times I say he edges my Scat 6 out of 10 by a fender but none the less if you have to loose I accept it especially since I ain't loosing to no Fords !!!��������������
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:49 AM   #32
TheZman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
Atleast the guys on this thread seem to be very honest and educated thanks for the good thought process on these 2 cars and could not agree more .. Jfm-jr car is strong too if we ran 10 times I say he edges my Scat 6 out of 10 by a fender but none the less if you have to loose I accept it especially since I ain't loosing to no Fords !!!��������������
To comment on your qoute of not loosing to Fords. I took a 5.0 Mustang out for a test drive when i owned my Scat Pack. That car in stock form felt like it had No torque. The lack of power seat of the pants difference was very noticeable to me. You can tell most of its peak power is way up high at the end of the rpms... The day i traded my Scat Pack in for the SS thats the first thing i noticed when i got in the gas a little during the test drive was the SS had balls. So between the awsome looks, 20% off and the factory extras my SS came with like 6 piston breaks and calipers, Npp mode exhaust, ss center caps and the fact that my payments lowered by a lot i traded in my Scat pack. But if the SS lacked power like the Mustang did during test drive i would have not made the trade. All in all after driving my new SS around for a couple weeks it does feel a little faster then my Scat pack. Im guessing because its a lot lighter and has a little better power to weight ratio.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:23 AM   #33
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
That is a positive aspect of it..true.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #34
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Course Dodge made the SP air intake so well that you don't really gain anything from an aftermarket. At least last time I read about it on the LXforums.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #35
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Course Dodge made the SP air intake so well that you don't really gain anything from an aftermarket. At least last time I read about it on the LXforums.
Yeah, it's a very small gain..something around 8HP. From what I read you can get 95% of the gains from a K&N drop in filter and the Hellcat lower airbox that opens up the "eye" intake.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #36
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
I had a fast 12 5.0 Brembo pkg with CAI tune and cat delete with gt500 muffler she made 416/407 on the Dyno was a 12.30-12.40 car but you had to drive it like you wanted to break it and I didn't trust that MT82 glass gearbox ..definatly rpm bias motor which is fun but not on fire down low for sure
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #37
TheZman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
I had a fast 12 5.0 Brembo pkg with CAI tune and cat delete with gt500 muffler she made 416/407 on the Dyno was a 12.30-12.40 car but you had to drive it like you wanted to break it and I didn't trust that MT82 glass gearbox ..definatly rpm bias motor which is fun but not on fire down low for sure
The 5.0 i test drove was a 2016. It felt like it had no bottom end. And i know the new Mustangs are heavier the the previous gen so im sure that didnt help. 2018s are getting a redesign so hopefully they drop some weight , tweak the front end and increase power. They should be fine if they do which rumors are thats what there doing.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #38
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Here's some of my comparison http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472603

Traded my Hellcat for a Callaway SS!

Everything here is good info and spot on.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #39
bielawg

Drives: BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZman View Post
To comment on your qoute of not loosing to Fords. I took a 5.0 Mustang out for a test drive when i owned my Scat Pack. That car in stock form felt like it had No torque. The lack of power seat of the pants difference was very noticeable to me. You can tell most of its peak power is way up high at the end of the rpms... The day i traded my Scat Pack in for the SS thats the first thing i noticed when i got in the gas a little during the test drive was the SS had balls. So between the awsome looks, 20% off and the factory extras my SS came with like 6 piston breaks and calipers, Npp mode exhaust, ss center caps and the fact that my payments lowered by a lot i traded in my Scat pack. But if the SS lacked power like the Mustang did during test drive i would have not made the trade. All in all after driving my new SS around for a couple weeks it does feel a little faster then my Scat pack. Im guessing because its a lot lighter and has a little better power to weight ratio.
Just curious, do you think the Camaro SS with NPP is as loud and sounds as good as the 392? My neighbor has one and it sounds fantastic, hoping my Camaro will sound similar.

Previous:
2009 BMW 135i
2016 Subaru WRX STI
2012 Subaru WRX
2005 Chrysler 300C
2005 Subaru WRX STI
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo
bielawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #40
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I have recieved alot of compliments on the npp exhaust. You will not be let down for a factory exhaust. The option of going from sounding like a little 4 cylinder to a performance car v8 is awesome really.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #41
Chemkid1115

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS SVE Supercharged
I test drove the Challenger. It just felt like so much car around you. Just big. Sounded good. Typical V8 growl. Interior was nothing great. Like the inside of the camaro more. I agree though they are 2 different vehicles.
Chemkid1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #42
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Have yet to drive a gen6 SS. But test drive an auto challenger scat pack yesterday. Loved everything but the size of it. Tranny and throttle response were stellar. Blind spots for sure. It does an admirable job of being nimble for its size but it steel feels like a straight line bus.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote