Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Comments you hear about your car in parking lots?

This is a story from the Fiance, I wasn't there to hear it, but this is just for clarification.

I went to the local italian place to get her some Cheese cake, her favorite of course, and I wanted some McDonalds ice cream so what the hell. I take the beast out, and she wants to hang in the car while I go in so I crack the windows and head in.

She said there was some middle school age boys, or appeared to be, talking about my car while I was in. She said she overheard one of them say, "so what? It's just an SS".

She thought it'd make me mad, and I laughed a little. I mean, we were all that age I guess, and F&F was popular when I was young so I get it. Civics with fart cannons and underglow lights will be more exciting than my boring ole pony car

I'd like to see how many people have had these kind of stories.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I stopped reading once I read a reference about McDonald's.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
BMWW
Emerald Archer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green Metallic
Nothing but compliments so far.

I actually had a guy wait for me to ask me what the name of the color of my car was today. Before today there was a family who wanted to take pictures with the car because they thought my car was gorgeous, especially the color. Even before that incident there was a lady who waited for me so she can look at the car and not appear like she was trying to steal it.

Yesterday, 10/8/15, has been a month since I purchased my car and she has gotten a lot of attention in one month. My coworker who works in the parking lot said that sometimes he will look towards my car and see people taking pictures with it. I told him that as long as they don't touch her, that it is ok to take pictures. Synergy Green really attracts people, hopefully only people with good intentions and not bad ones.
BMWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
Didn't realize I was on a Rolls Royce forum lol
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
My wife was leaving work at the beginning of the summer and was following a couple of guys down the stairs towards the employee parking lot. On the way down she overheard them talking about the "other camaro in the lot". She decided to play it cool and listen in to hear what else they were saying. They talked about how nice it looked and wondered who drove it. Then my wife asked, "Do you guys mean the blue one?" They looked back surprised and said yes which she then smiled and said "oh, you must be talking about my car!" The guys were impressed and had to check the car over as neither of them had seen an aqua blue metallic camaro before. "Only" a SS or not, they loved it and my wife got a fun story to tell.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #6
SuperStock

Drives: Imperial Blue 2012 2SS/RS
I am the IT guy for a decently sized residential HVAC company. The other day I was taking a co-worker out for lunch. At some point she takes a selfie and posts it to her instagram without me knowing. Evidently this caused jealousy in the office and now I have lunch partners for life...
Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #7
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
Didn't realize I was on a Rolls Royce forum lol
T'was a joke. I deliver McDonald's food or should I say their imitation food to their distributors. Hence the barf smiley.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Even with it being 4 years old and almost 85k miles, I still get nothing but compliments.. The little kids love it, and I hear "look mommy, it's Bumblebee" all the time.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:59 AM   #9
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
I over heard a couple admiring my Inferno Orange Metallic and say "Is that a China red?...yeah I think it is"
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
My Camaro being cammed beautiful and modified its usually hey thanks for bringing my car, or damn that sounds nice, most teens that age just get the hell out of the way and stare or give a thumbs up. Parked... yes people have taken pics, heck I had a wedding party at a car show take pics...lol As we all know opinions are like A _ _ _ _ _ _ s everyone has one...lol
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #11
my5thgeneration

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Black/Black Camaro
Almost always positive comments.
my5thgeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #12
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
+1

Don't worry, eventually we might be lucky enough to see McDonalds disappear. Ugh that stuff is just sickening.

Story wise...

Local CnC....get out of my car and walk over for some coffee with my wife. A guy walks over with his 2 kids and says "Ah, this is a SS/RS (I have SS/RS on the back of the car), that's a special edition for 2014 and newer". Of course, he is also the same guy that touched EVERY car he walked by (with the exception of mine as he saw us watching) and then got into a beat ass rusted 70s trans am...

My wife and I were almost speechless....
Old 10-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #13
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
Even with it being 4 years old and almost 85k miles, I still get nothing but compliments.. The little kids love it, and I hear "look mommy, it's Bumblebee" all the time.
When my wife drives through the school parking lot, the little guys are always saying that and running after the car with their giant backpacks on .......I guess they think Bumble Bee transforms into different colors
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #14
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Kids love these cars. They always go nuts over mine. I was at a store, came out and some 7 year old kid was just going nuts over my car. His mom was sort of embarrassed, but explained that he really loves Camaros.. I let him sit in the driver's seat and his Mom took his picture. and he got a real kick out of it.

I've owned Corvettes, a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen Camaro, a GTS, custom Harley, and a totally restored, kick ass, 1967 Mustang... None of them ever got compliments like this car. Not even close. People roll down their windows and yell "cool car", guys on bikes give thumbs up.. The 5th Gen Camaro is a special car. That's why I always say it will become an instant classic. It really already is...